Dec 01 2012
By: ItsLuigiTime Uncharted Territory 1087 posts

"Final Battle" DLC Idea

[ Edited ]
10 replies 300 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

So, since it's pretty much a given that SuperBot will be releasing more DLC characters, I think they should do something special after they release all the characters that they possibly can.  I would love for it to be some sort of "final battle" DLC against Polygon Man that would bring all the characters together and offer a bit of closure for the game as a whole.  Sure, each character defeats Polygon Man and goes back to his/her individual world with a new form of power, but part of me thinks it shouldn't be so open-and-shut for what appeared to be such a powerful character.

Remember the scene in SSBB's Subspace Emissary when all the characters gathered together near the end?  I can picture a cutscene where Polygon Man brings all 2X (or 3X) characters together in the "blue room" and saying something along the lines of this:

"Bravo!  I applaud each of you for having bested me before.  ...But you have only seen the beginning of true, absolute power."

Suddenly, more "polygons" arise from the ground and attach to Polygon Man, giving him a full, massive body with a giant AP orb at the center to go along with his head.  He then says, "Now, then-- any worthy challengers?"  All of the characters begin to glow like they had in their respective endings.  They each look at each other and their rivals, nod, and then look up at Polygon Man, striking a pose.  You are then taken to one final character select screen to choose which character to fight as, and then the final battle begins.

The battle would look and play something like the Galactus battle from MvC3, with the full form of Polygon Man finally acting as his own hazard and attacking you with his head and fists.  He would also have a health bar.  The background would alternate between distorted versions of characters' worlds (e.g. New Marais, Shambhala, Metropolis) as you fight on a lone platform of hexagons.  Your character would hit Polygon Man with regular attacks while his guard is down to gain AP, but Supers would be the only attacks to do any damage.  Level 3s would obviously do the most damage, and some of them would be altered to affect only Polygon Man (as opposed to other players).  You would have a stock of 5 lives, and some of Polygon Man's attacks would carry the force of Supers (killing you), while others would just knock out some of your AP.

Finally, when Polygon Man is beaten (with the announcer saying "Ultimate Victory!"), there is another cutscene where he laments his defeat and all of his polygons fall to the ground as remains.  Your character glows once more and strikes a new, unique winning pose, and you are taken to the result screen.  Afterwards, a new credits screen plays to a piano/orchestrated version of Madeon's "Finale".

Ideas for bonuses for purchasing the DLC:

-A few new trophies

-Each character gets their "metallic purple" form as an alternate color scheme

-DLC would be free if you've already acquired all of the other DLC characters

Thoughts? Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 11 (300 Views)
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Re: "Final Battle" DLC Idea

Dec 1, 2012
Sounds like a nice idea, but.... How will the health bar work?
Message 2 of 11 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Dec 1, 2012

ProtoBurst wrote:
Sounds like a nice idea, but.... How will the health bar work?

I got an idea, you can drop down Polygon Man's health by regularly attacking him, when you gain AP from hitting him, you get your supers, just like a regular fight. However, instead of killing Polygon Man, its does more damage to him.

Level 1-Little Damage

Level 2-Medium Damage

Level 3-Massive Damage(yes that joke was intentional)

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 3 of 11 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Would polygon man have supers to kill you with?
Message 4 of 11 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 1, 2012

What seganintendoubi said. Smiley Tongue  Supers would drop the health bar down significantly, but I'm not sure if regular attacks should affect the health bar or not.  It would be more challenging if they didn't IMO.  Maybe for a higher difficulty level.

ProtoBurst wrote:
Would polygon man have supers to kill you with?

He does; I accidentally left that out.  I've edited the post to say that.

Message 5 of 11 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Dec 1, 2012

ItsLuigiTime wrote:

What seganintendoubi said. Smiley Tongue  Supers would drop the health bar down significantly, but I'm not sure if regular attacks should affect the health bar or not.  It would be more challenging if they didn't IMO.  Maybe for a higher difficulty level.

Have regular attacks do very little damage to Polygon Man, even less damage than using Level 1 supers.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 6 of 11 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Dec 1, 2012

SUPERBOT, READ THIS MANS IDEA!

Message 7 of 11 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 1, 2012
What if that DLC makes all All-stars have a FOURTH super from that "new" power they all get at the end!!! Imagine a new cinematic scene using the power of Sony =D Just a thought ^^
Message 8 of 11 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Dec 1, 2012
I think they should di the capture the flag mode they did in there older build as dlc. It would be awesome.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 9 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Dec 1, 2012

Not saying that I don't like your idea, I do, but let's save that for "Allstars 2" shall we? Smiley Wink 

But since you guys have brought up health bar ideas, may I make a suggestion? (this is an idea for the sequel also) I feel that if they were to give Polygon man a health bar system it should be a gauge that is divided into 30 or so segments. How Polygon man would take damage Is pretty much the same as seganintendoubi's idea, however regular attacks would not decrease Polygon man's health. Only super attacks the deal damage. The amount of damage a super attack would deal would be equivalent to the level of the super.      

Level 1 supers- depletes 1 segment of health

Level 2 supers- depletes 2 segments of health

Level 3 supers- depletes 3 segments of health 

Message 10 of 11 (111 Views)
0 Likes