Oct 13, 2012

quality but we need more of it not kidding

Message 11 of 30 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: quality vs quantity

Oct 13, 2012
Let the game release before doing the whole SSBB vs PSABR arguments.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 12 of 30 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 13, 2012
Part of the equation is having a selling point though, and I think this is where PASBR may suffer. We know the game plays well, but casual fans won't. Many fans won't look deep enough to care about a complex combo system. I tried to tell one guy at my work to try the game and the response was "Only 20 characters? And no Crash Bandicoot? Lulz."

Cloud Strife on the cover of the game would do wonders. Old square heads and RPG fans would immediately pay attention. Probably attract quite a few blind buys. Raiden? Not so much.

Quality is great but I fear the star power isn't here to push this game to the casual buyer. We all know we will buy it, but that's a given. They need more sales than the Internet community to be truly successful though.
Message 13 of 30 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Oct 13, 2012
yes guys indeed.
a great game needs a great mix of both
and also the game needs to make people see it and get attention and like josh TX said some of the characters who could have made big hypes and attention would've been FF rep and crash / spyro rep....
Message 14 of 30 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Star power is enough. The heavy majority of current day gamers started out in the PS2 era, and we have the stars of the PS2 era pretty much on board. Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper being the big three. Kratos. MGS2's Raiden controversy turned a few heads. Heihachi Mishima. 

Lets not forget the CURRENT day stars either. Cole MacGrath, being on one of the best games of this console generation. Heavenly Sword being the one game that was supposed to push the PS3's sales on launch (I loved it, everybody else hated it.) Dante's more controversial entry definitely got a few more people as well, especially when we heard about the costume unlocks so people could play the old one 'and' the NT one.

Go around in the industry and tell me that Big Daddy isn't known, that Kratos isn't known, or that Cole isn't known. They have a lot of really big, BIG names in the game already, and more than enough to sell it.

Also, what about 'promotion'? I mean look at SSBB, giving us Mother 3 stuff. Mother 3 is one of the best JRPG's ever but it isn't that known. With people seeing Ness and Lucas more now I dare you to say you'd rather see Mario Party 54000 than Mother 3 re-release. Same with the NT Dante. This Dante, we don't know how he works, how he 'plays', but this will give us a sneak peek on his actions. That alone is awesome.

Message 15 of 30 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 13, 2012
I personally prefer quality over quantity, I mean look at Journey, now that was a quality game. Smash Bros to me had more quantity than quality, not saying it is a bad game, I still play melee to this day, but brawl had some bad quality, no one can look me in the eye and tell me Brawl had the best online for a fighting game
Message 16 of 30 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Oct 13, 2012
I say this game has great quality sure quanity is les than desirable but it isn't terrible either so I think this is the happy medium for now because we all know DLC will happen at some point
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 17 of 30 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
I personally prefer quality over quantity, I mean look at Journey, now that was a quality game. Smash Bros to me had more quantity than quality, not saying it is a bad game, I still play melee to this day, but brawl had some bad quality, no one can look me in the eye and tell me Brawl had the best online for a fighting game

brawl had th best hahahahah, crap hes rite

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 18 of 30 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Oct 13, 2012

joshTX wrote:
Part of the equation is having a selling point though, and I think this is where PASBR may suffer. We know the game plays well, but casual fans won't. Many fans won't look deep enough to care about a complex combo system. I tried to tell one guy at my work to try the game and the response was "Only 20 characters? And no Crash Bandicoot? Lulz."

Cloud Strife on the cover of the game would do wonders. Old square heads and RPG fans would immediately pay attention. Probably attract quite a few blind buys. Raiden? Not so much.

Quality is great but I fear the star power isn't here to push this game to the casual buyer. We all know we will buy it, but that's a given. They need more sales than the Internet community to be truly successful though.

I buy any collectors edition,if Crash is on the cover! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 30 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 13, 2012
What's quantity being assessed on ? You guys seem to be interpreting it to me character count ? I take it to me the amount of content overall there is, which this game has plenty.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 20 of 30 (55 Views)