Oct 13 2012
By: mman1235 Sackboy 423 posts

quality vs quantity

29 replies 383 views Edited Oct 13, 2012

this question was recently asked in the EU PSBlog and I think it is a very important topic.

what do you think is more important in games?

quality? the amount of work put into the game to make it fun and an amazing experience?

or quantity? the amount content and duration of the game can last?

I think quailty is more important.

I rather have an amzing experience than a long but boring one...

think of a game which mixes both amazingly like Skyrim,

than delete all the quests and side quests the game had to offer and instead put in that all missions are fetch quests of the same item....

, destroy the entire magic spells feature and make battling boring and stale...

yeah it will be long but a pain to play!!

now lets take this topic to the fighting genre or the beat em up genre like PSASBR is.

now it will and people will still after the game is out compare it to SSB

so it does need to be able to compete with SSBB,

which had both quality and out standing amount of quantity!!

so far we dont know all the content this game has to offer but the quality is already top notch so I aint worrying about that :smileyvery-happy:

but I am scared that there wont be enough content and things to do to make the game be replayable for months and even years like SSBB was for me :smileysad:

I mean yeah it seems like the online and battling with friends will put me into the game for a while...

but since now there isnt unlockable characters I am a bit worried they might cut out other content as well 0_0

now I said I am being cautious, of course I dont know how much stuff will this game provide but I am already happy with what the game has in it that I know of already :smileyvery-happy:

Im just worrying there wont be enough content in the game and it will lower the score in reviews T_T

so lets hope for the best! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (383 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: quality vs quantity

Oct 13, 2012

PSASBR = Outstanding Quality

SSBB = Outstanding Quanity

Quality > Quanity

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Quality > Quanity

SSBB has both, PSASBR isn't even out yet and we don't know if it has one out of two.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 13, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Quality > Quanity

SSBB has both, PSASBR isn't even out yet and we don't know if it has one out of two.

I've played two BETA's and the quality of the game is by far better than SSBB ever will be or any futre SSB game.  PSASBR is the game Super Smash wishes it was from a gameplay prospective.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (348 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I love the optimism in this thread..and i agree completely to it all :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Quality > Quanity

I've played two BETA's and the quality of the game is by far better than SSBB ever will be or any futre SSB game.  PSASBR is the game Super Smash wishes it was from a gameplay prospective.

They have two completely different gameplays. Don't you hate it when this game is compared to Smash Bros.?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 13, 2012
It's inevitable that the shallow roster will damage replay value for some. But for those willing to invest more time in each character, there will likely be more individual options and strategies than SSB.

That's where we will find out if Superbot's strategy paid off. Will people spend more time using characters and possibly explore ones that they aren't really find of? Or will people dismiss the game after using just Kratos and Drake because they don't like anyone else on the roster?

I'm pleased with how deep each character appears to be, but I'm still dissapointed with the 20 we got. I'm not crying for third parties, but I'm a bit taken back at the lack of 1st party representation missing that is a big part of PS history.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I'm ecstatic with the roster. I get to beat up Kratos and Drake with Nariko's sheer awesome.

On a more serious note there has to be a balance of the two. Take BlazBlue for example. I personally think the game is utterly retarded because it really only has 12 characters in the original and only added bare minimum for requirements. It still has less characters than All-Stars.

All-Stars plays well. I know. I've played the beta versions at a Florida Gamestop. Easy to learn, very cinematic, and really addicting; I spent 4 hours there playing Jak alone. This was the 4 character beta. If I'm hype with the 4 character beta and would take a downloadable copy that only had one fight mode, online, and the 20 characters? I would so take it. The fact I get a disc and a crapload of extras is just icing on the already great cake. Eaten by Fat Princess.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Oct 13, 2012
First off you need a happy medium between quality and quantity .. .... especially since one directly influences the other, without both you can't have a great game.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1786 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Quality > Quanity

but i like killing people by knocking them off the edge...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (262 Views)
0 Likes