PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Re: pb_mal is the best dante that ive fought so far

Jan 24, 2013

pb_mal wrote:
I can empty cancel really well with not screwing up i choose not to. Every Dante you've mention wouldnt stand a chance against me unless they emptied cancel. Why? Ive created different approaches for different situations while they just idle and parry. What skill is in that? It's sad because I felt I developed a character more than every Dante combine who share the same tactic. I can actually rush my Dante into a fight and can determine if I'll make a comeback. If superbot buff Dante I want to see more effort out of Dante users. If I started to empty cancel everyone would lose because I already made a combo into level 2 I never shown and can get my level 3 after four to five combos maxed now. Just saying its not hard to play that way

You know pb_mal, you remind me of when I use to play Dissidia 012 ( The only other fighting game I could play competitively) I was a Zidane player and I got so good that I restricted the r button, which allowed you to dodge, block, dash, basically a lot of things, and still manage to win the majority of my fights. We should fight again, I need to improve my Dante, and I also know how to empty cancel, I don't use it though.

Message 21 of 189 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Yeah. pb_mal is really good. We had a lot of fun games with me using Nariko and him using Dante. He has a lot of sick Dante combos. I actually stopped using empty shell combos in matches because of him. Yo, pb next time you're on we should play.
Message 22 of 189 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Sucks my Radec wouldn't stand a chance against him...wish Radec had more utility. But I'm glad pb_mal and I are friends :smileyhappy:
 photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 23 of 189 (218 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Haha yea, my tactics for online free for all are to hit a lot of short ap burst combos
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 24 of 189 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jan 24, 2013
great job pb, and kmart, you have the best radec i've ever fought, quite and accomplishment, i see your name and shiver a little even on the forums, i've gotten better we should play against each other again sometime
Message 25 of 189 (181 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Lol wassup with the fanboy threads yo? Im curious.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 26 of 189 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Jan 24, 2013

pb_mal wrote:
I can empty cancel really well with not screwing up i choose not to. Every Dante you've mention wouldnt stand a chance against me unless they emptied cancel. Why? Ive created different approaches for different situations while they just idle and parry. What skill is in that? It's sad because I felt I developed a character more than every Dante combine who share the same tactic. I can actually rush my Dante into a fight and can determine if I'll make a comeback. If superbot buff Dante I want to see more effort out of Dante users. If I started to empty cancel everyone would lose because I already made a combo into level 2 I never shown and can get my level 3 after four to five combos maxed now. Just saying its not hard to play that way

What do you mean idle and parry? like, shotting guns to draw out an attack and then parrying it? Or just waiting to parry? Either way, it isn't an garenteed combo unless it hits, and it can be pretty hard to land t ig you're opponent know what he/she's doing. Even with Bold-Canceling, Dante still isn't an easy character to play as, and is still pretty rewarding to use. Even with BC, Dante is still one of the weaker melee characters (i'm looking at you Kratos and Raiden...), and it just helps bring him up to par a little bit. 

Can you give me example as to how BC'ing is cheap? Is it just for the lvl set ups, or the almost-garenteed AP burst if caught in a combo (and with Dante's porr AP earning skills outside of combos, he needs this), or . . .?

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 27 of 189 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 24, 2013
:I
Message 28 of 189 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I reconise that name, sure I have beaten him a few times...YAY ME!

Message 29 of 189 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Splatteregg wrote:

I reconise that name, sure I have beaten him a few times...YAY ME!

Trust me its not a big deal... This thread surprises me to be honest.  Hes a decent player with good combos with dante but no where near optimizes the character he plays thus hes lacking in the 1v1 department. 

YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 30 of 189 (145 Views)
0 Likes