Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Jan 1, 2013

I'll just say one thing about sales: The PS3 user base is much larger now than it was in 2007 when Uncharted came out. So yes, if PSASBR is only doing Uncharted 1 numbers with an install base nearly 4 times as big, then that is terrible (especially when you consider how much marketing PSASBR received).  I'm not saying I'm happy about it. It's just the truth.

But look, the only reason this discussion is even happening is because SuperBot's been so quiet on the subject. I wouldn't be campaigning against hit confirms so much if SuperBot had already addressed the topic specifically and said that they were here to stay. At that point, I'd either adapt or just stop playing.

I'm sure we're both tired of arguing over this now, especially when it doesn't seem like we're on two completely different sides on this.  We both voted "no" in your poll, so maybe we should be focusing more on what we agree on instead of acting like jerks to each other. Again, I don't expect your poll to prove much, but I'll happily admit to being wrong if it does.

Message 141 of 142 (83 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Jan 1, 2013

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I'll just say one thing about sales: The PS3 user base is much larger now than it was in 2007 when Uncharted came out. So yes, if PSASBR is only doing Uncharted 1 numbers with an install base nearly 4 times as big, then that is terrible (especially when you consider how much marketing PSASBR received).  I'm not saying I'm happy about it. It's just the truth.

Point taken as far as Uncharted goes, but still, I never expected over 100K sales in the first month, with the game's pre-release reputation, so I'd say that nearly 400K in retail alone is successful, especially when PSAS is one of those games that I'd suspect grows as it ages. Unless it goes the way of inFamous 2 and the sales abruptly stop; then there's a problem.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 142 of 142 (68 Views)
0 Likes