Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
914 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

yeah kinda breaks my heart. I like raidenSmiley Sad.......if they put snake in which one do you think it should be

meme3485470395
Message 21 of 142 (327 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

Solid_Sword23 wrote:

There is also uncertainty in both opponents having kill combos and knowing if you make the wrong move either one of you could die.....so the guessing game is still there. How will peoples defense get better if they don't have a reason to. The fear of dying from a combo is that reason. Just cause they have a guaranteed way of killing me doesn't mean I'm going to let them get it....they gonna have to work for it. Defense is just os important as offense


I'd be more okay with it if EVERY character had at least one confirm. Just one, and not one reliant on a wall or a platform. Smack-dab in the middle of the map, everyone's fair game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 22 of 142 (324 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2008
Online
1779 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

Solid_Sword23 wrote:

My partner was eliminated in a 2v2 stock game...i didn't think I had to explain that. I gave a reason why it was needed with dante because it has so much startup and can be hit out of pretty easy by anyone so the chances of me landing it with TWO people attacking me and the same time is impossible.

 

This whole buff and nerf thing can be a problem to the creatitivity and lifespan of the game. Instead of people learning how to deal with things themselves they wanna cry to mommy (superbot) to fix thier problems opposed to stand like a man and figure it out yourself. 

 

I was forced to stick to level one because I RARELY got a clean hit you know due to the fact that I was BEING ATTACKED BY TWO PEOPLE. so when I get that chance I wanna make sure it counts. Plus I had to think to myself do I really want to take the risk of losing to get to my level 2 (level 2 not guaranteed) or 3 when its so easy to die.

 

Dante is not Kratos. His combos require great focus and execution, all of his sword attacks are extremely unsafe if i miss, his guns have really short range and no hitstun,and only his Lvl 3 is guaranteed without hit confirm. I can't just throw out foward square and beat two people with dante. Is that enough explination, do you see me crying to mommy (superbot). So like my signature says......


 

So sounds like the only reason you're supporting hit confirms is because you think buffing/nerfing Supers is cowardly...even though SuperBot built a telemetry system for that exact purpose. Makes so much sense...

 

And let me get this straight. Level 1's are very risky by nature, but JUST because you weren't competent or patient enough to build up to a Level 2 or 3, Level 1's should automatically become risk free for you?

 

Fantastic, that's what every game should do; when it gets too hard, put it on easy mode. What happened to "manning up"?

 

Btw, it's called playing defensively. Don't foolishly attack 2 people head on. Run around the map and slowly accumulate chip damage to build up to higher Level Supers. They can't kill you if they can't hit you to build up their meters. If you don't have the skill or patience to do that then maybe you should take a look at your own sig every once in a while Smiley Tongue

 

 

 

Message 23 of 142 (320 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
914 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

Yea I hear what you saying...just say lets see how the game progresses and people figure out new stuff. You never know six months to a year from now everybody might have one. We just gonna keep finding new stuffSmiley Happy

meme3485470395
Message 24 of 142 (304 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

Solid_Sword23 wrote:

Yea I hear what you saying...just say lets see how the game progresses and people figure out new stuff. You never know six months to a year from now everybody might have one. We just gonna keep finding new stuffSmiley Happy


Look, I'm pretty sure PaRappa's been figured out. My only hunch is that maybe he has some confirm that involes his Boombox attack. (I know of one that works without walls, but how often are levels without walls?) 

Same with Jak, the only one I've found is reliant on a wall. And once knowledge surfaces of these wall kills, people will just remain in the center of the level until you come to their non-situational confirm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 25 of 142 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/11/2012
Offline
219 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

I disagree with ways to combo into lv 1. It helps increase spam. Lately, when i see a toro get lv 1 meter he just spams the air vTriangle mochi stance until he hits someone on the ground. E. Cole spams the giga punch, and good cole spams the ice rockets. Dan continues to spam his up slash arrow until a hit, parappa spams the mic, heihachi spams the counter and the one hit punch...reducing spam has become a priority lately and removing ways to get easy lv 1 can possibly help quite a bit.

Message 26 of 142 (292 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
914 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

Buffing or Nerfing something is cowardly and quite lazy in the context of when you don't want to learn the strengths and weaknesses of your character, work on your offense and defense, create setups, and overcoming what we THINK is unbeatable.

superbot ain't gonna run to your rescue every time you can't figure something out.

 

Not competent or patient enough......ummm did I not beat two people by myself attacking me at the same time when both of them were close to their level 2 supers with 3 lives and me with only one life left....thats is soooo risk free.....hakuna matata for me

 

Actually your the one that wants easy mode cause you don't want do deal with it.......get over it. It was a intentional thing they put in. Man up and work on you defense and stop crying "nerf" in the forums

 

I think you are just trying to be a smart@$$ and not hearing what i'm saying...foolishly attacking without planning, lack of skill, and lack of patience is what gets you killed in that scenario. Getting to a level 2 or 3 off chip damage alone with Dante.....you try that and see how that works out for you. I look at my sig all the time lol...and it says......

 

 

 

meme3485470395
Message 27 of 142 (273 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/23/2010
Offline
2794 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

The fact that people honestly believe hit confirms are an unintentional oversight is a joke. I've used FP's level 1 confirms since the 2nd beta, if it was honestly an issue they would have caught it and changed it. I've thrown in my thoughts about this topic on several occasions and I won't do it again here, but I can guarantee that level 1 confirms were not "unintentional."


Your guarantee means nothing because you don't know that.

 

They may or may not be aware. They don't let anything loose unless they announce it in any way, that time will come eventually. What makes you think they'll admit to an issue while they don't have a plan/fix ready? They'll just keep getting complaints about how they aren't doing anything about it.

 

Just because they haven't said a word yet doesn't mean this was intentional.

 

As for the OP: Nope. A lot of people on the first page summed it up pretty nicely. You can't justify this mechanic on one situation alone with one character. And if you know what you're doing, you can win without it. Otherwise, clearly that just wasn't your match.

 

Don't make me go into this Dante fiasco again.

Message 28 of 142 (267 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
256 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

arrownoir wrote:
it's not needed

this

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 29 of 142 (259 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
914 posts
 

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012

Its not just only that scenario....i should have explained more scenarios. What dante fiasco......give me a brief summary

meme3485470395
Message 30 of 142 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes