Highlighted
Dec 24 2012
By: Solid_Sword23 I Only Post Everything 914 posts

one of many reasons why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

[ Edited ]
141 replies 1655 views Edited Dec 27, 2012

So I have been playing 2v2 recently and more than once I had to go up against 2 people by myself. I main Dante and Drake and I been playing Dante recenly. His level 1 has a lot of startup and can be interupted pretty easy thats why he doesn't fair too well in FFA. So imagine if he couldn't do empty cancel into super and you had to play the guessing game with TWO people attacking you...how could you possibly make a comeback.

This same scenario happened to me earlier today and last night where I got two characters in a combo and then did a kill combo to comeback and win the game with 1 life remaining versus there 3 lives each. So is that being cheap....the answer is no because it wasn't easy. I had to plan, calculate, and choose my actions very carefully or else I could have died pretty easily against two people. They were not noobs either.....I don't care how "high level" you think you are 2 vs 1 is a challenge.

So basically what i'm saying is don't complain about kill combos until you understand from experience why its was implemented...until your put in a situation where its the only thing you have to survive and win.

meme3485470395
Message 1 of 142 (1,655 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Re: why hit confirm into super/kill combos is needed

Dec 24, 2012
it's not needed
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 2 of 142 (1,648 Views)
Fender Bender
2440 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Doesn't matter when and why you use them, they're still cheap because you're using the same combo over and over again in order to get easy kills, there's no skill in that. 

Message 3 of 142 (1,644 Views)
Fender Bender
4120 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Combo supers that are escapable like sir dans = fair and intentional

combo supers that usually takes one hit and are inescapable like raidens = cheap and completely unintentional by the developers

(evil coles giga punch is an exception be it was clearly intended to be in the game after watching interviews)

how do i know?

in the beta kratos could combo into his level 1 with air forward triangle

sb removed this because it was cheap and exploitable.

any super combos like this will be nerfed by superbot eventually 

Message 4 of 142 (1,633 Views)
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

The fact that people honestly believe hit confirms are an unintentional oversight is a joke. I've used FP's level 1 confirms since the 2nd beta, if it was honestly an issue they would have caught it and changed it. I've thrown in my thoughts about this topic on several occasions and I won't do it again here, but I can guarantee that level 1 confirms were not "unintentional."

Message 5 of 142 (1,625 Views)
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Sorry, not convinced.

I agree that 2 vs 1 is a challenge, but it doesn't justify Level 1 hit confirms, because this game wasn't designed to be a 2v1 game. It was designed primarily to be a 2v2 or FFA game. If you can only use 2v1 to jusify hit confirms, a scenario the game wasn't designed around, then that's no argument. Your situation's the exception, not the rule.

Plus you gave absolutely NO reason why Level 1 hit confirms are specifically needed for you to even have a chance at surviving. Yes, Dante's Level 1 sucks: Level 1's in general are supposed to suck. If Dante's is weaker compared to other characters', then SuperBot can buff that according to their telemetry. Still no need for hit confirms.

And lastly, what forced you to stick to a Level 1? Why was it not possibe for you to advance to a Level 2 or 3? Nothing in your post points specifically to why a Lvl 1 hit confirm was necessary. It sounds like you chose hit confirming because it was the easiest solution for you, not the ONLY one.

Message 6 of 142 (1,615 Views)
I Only Post Everything
914 posts

Dec 24, 2012

My partner was eliminated in a 2v2 stock game...i didn't think I had to explain that. I gave a reason why it was needed with dante because it has so much startup and can be hit out of pretty easy by anyone so the chances of me landing it with TWO people attacking me and the same time is impossible.

This whole buff and nerf thing can be a problem to the creatitivity and lifespan of the game. Instead of people learning how to deal with things themselves they wanna cry to mommy (superbot) to fix thier problems opposed to stand like a man and figure it out yourself. 

I was forced to stick to level one because I RARELY got a clean hit you know due to the fact that I was BEING ATTACKED BY TWO PEOPLE. so when I get that chance I wanna make sure it counts. Plus I had to think to myself do I really want to take the risk of losing to get to my level 2 (level 2 not guaranteed) or 3 when its so easy to die.

Dante is not Kratos. His combos require great focus and execution, all of his sword attacks are extremely unsafe if i miss, his guns have really short range and no hitstun,and only his Lvl 3 is guaranteed without hit confirm. I can't just throw out foward square and beat two people with dante. Is that enough explination, do you see me crying to mommy (superbot). So like my signature says......

meme3485470395
Message 7 of 142 (1,586 Views)
I Only Post Everything
914 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Yes I agree this game would be a hot random mess if there wasn't. the guessing game of outsmarting your opponent with a super attacking is still there and the guaranteed way of doing it. its so funny to me that people think they know everything this game has to offer. the strategy is still in it's infancy and if we continue to cry nerf everytime we get beat then we won't learn what this game truly has to offer.

meme3485470395
Message 8 of 142 (1,576 Views)
Wastelander
818 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I believe certain ones were intentional, and others were not. Here's a list(including setups, not confirms):

Intentional:

-Sir Dan
-Parappa(Wall)
-Radec
-Heihachi
-Toro
-Evil Cole
-Good Cole
-Sweet Tooth
-Spike
-Fat princess

Unintentional

-Raiden
-Parappa(circle)
-Drake
Message 9 of 142 (1,573 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Parappa's mic grab (neutral circle) into level 1 super is not a true combo. You can dodge roll out before the move comes out.

Message 10 of 142 (1,560 Views)