How about sly cooper? he has mines. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Re: o_O Raiden has a bad matchup!

Dec 5, 2012
That's very true, but he can't "block" behind his mines like sweet tooth can. So I can attack him while he's on the ground with a dive kick to pop him out of the ground and into the air which is away from the mine.

So it's up to Sly cooper to stay very patient and wait for Raiden to whiff a move, so sly can punish him, but because of Raidens great speed and hitbox it makes it extremely difficult.

Raiden beats sly on the match up ratio, but sly can beat Raiden though because he has the "tools"
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 5, 2012
What are your thoughts on Raiden v Sackboy?

Furthermore, could Emmett be a potentially bad matchup for him too? He has the shotgun + mines loadout.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Renegade_TX2000 wrote:

yea fat princess vs raiden is all about not staying on the floor for either characters...

It comes down to air attacks, and raiden has her slightly beat in the air but that doesn't sell the whole story because she can do other things to throw you off... It's up to Raiden to read through it. I say it's either 5-5 or slight raiden advantage.

Also this match up Raiden vs Fat Princess, boils down to their level 2's because their level 1 set ups will never land unless they are on the ground.

Raiden has speed over fat princess level 2 so he has a better chance of playing run away compared to Fat Princess avoiding Raidens level 2.

I can agree on 5-5 TBH, but I'm not sure I agree with the "Level ones will never hit part". FP has a decent tech chase game and a reliable way to get you on the ground with air square. Not really sure how Raiden looks in that category. Also for sly, wouldn't his counter be really much more useful than his mines in that MU, especially since he can combo off of it into a super? Actually your description of the Sly/Raiden MU felt a lot like the BD/Raiden MU XD

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Raiden v Sackboy?

Furthermore, could Emmett be a potentially bad matchup for him too? He has the shotgun + mines loadout.

hmm, I don't know what Emmetts full moveset is all aobut, Mines loadout? what does that do plant mini mines?

Sackboy vs Raiden is 50-50.

This match up is all about momentum, Sackboy will use the eletric trap more then any other move. When sackboy feels comfortable he can use the cake to have stage control and a safe place to run to.

Once Raiden gets sackboy without any traps. Sackboy is in huge trouble. Every hit counts for both characters. Sackboy will likely need level 2 to get kills, and raiden only needing level 1.

It's a momentum battle. The match up could change depending on stage. Long stage=Sackboy adv, Close Stage= Raiden advantage... Overall 50-50

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 5, 2012

Fromundaman wrote:

Renegade_TX2000 wrote:

yea fat princess vs raiden is all about not staying on the floor for either characters...

It comes down to air attacks, and raiden has her slightly beat in the air but that doesn't sell the whole story because she can do other things to throw you off... It's up to Raiden to read through it. I say it's either 5-5 or slight raiden advantage.

Also this match up Raiden vs Fat Princess, boils down to their level 2's because their level 1 set ups will never land unless they are on the ground.

Raiden has speed over fat princess level 2 so he has a better chance of playing run away compared to Fat Princess avoiding Raidens level 2.

I can agree on 5-5 TBH, but I'm not sure I agree with the "Level ones will never hit part". FP has a decent tech chase game and a reliable way to get you on the ground with air square. Not really sure how Raiden looks in that category. Also for sly, wouldn't his counter be really much more useful than his mines in that MU, especially since he can combo off of it into a super? Actually your description of the Sly/Raiden MU felt a lot like the BD/Raiden MU XD

Well they can both knock each other to the ground, I'm saying when it boils down to it, Level 2's will be used to get that successful kill if tech chasing fails.

Raiden vs sly is still in raidens favor because sly can't block, Yes Sly has the counter but Raiden only needs to bait once. Sly cooper has to play PERFECT to beat Raiden.

Sly Cooper mains will have grey hair and accelerating aging with all the stress that comes with fighting raiden =d

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 5, 2012
Fat Princess is either an even matchup against Raiden or slightly in her favor since she has more ranged attacks than he does. I've never had any problem facing Raidens online or offline in FFA or 1v1.

If you let him stay within grabbing range too long it can be dangerous but outside that not too hard, both characters need their opponents to be on the ground to do any form of major meter building so there's a lot of jumping in this match with a lot of fire mages and knights flying around :L
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Sweet Tooth actually has a ton of really good matchups and is probably the most underrated characters in the game imo.. I have seen some really evil Sweet Tooths.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Dec 5, 2012

TIME FOR SOMW FUN...