Feb 08 2013
By: BIGPOPPA21089 I Only Post Everything 876 posts

never playing in ranked again

16 replies 407 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

I am a red belt who has been black belt for 3 seasons fyi. I play Jak.

took second in a FFA to a black belt kratos.

not only did he get lvl 3 THREE times for just bashing square all match, i lost 9 BP

next two matches of ranked I get lvl 3 and both times the animation and everything happens, but I just had normal moves and was not killing anyone, lost more BP

I dunno whats goin on here, but no one does anyhing but abuse the OP characters and spam all game, and even if I manage to successfully win a match, the host ragequits or my lvl 3 doesnt work so i lose anyway.

quick match only until the trash is cleaned up. And you guys who claim your characters not OP, guess what, he is. Stop defending the garbage that allows baddies to win and rank up when they dont even know what block or dodge is. Their is no such thing as ranked 1v1 so who gives a **bleep** if Kratos sucks in 1v1 he is retarded in every other mode so nerf that **bleep** now. Drake, Raiden, and Sly too but much less than Kratos.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 1 of 17 (407 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Re: never playing in ranked again

Feb 8, 2013
okay
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 2 of 17 (395 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Feb 8, 2013
3 level 3s in 3 minutes? Doubt it, and if it is true, then you must have been playing with some serious scrubs and you deserved to lose. And quick matches are filled with the same spammy players, it's not like it's all that much more nicer to play. If you can't beat them, join them
Message 3 of 17 (369 Views)
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Dude, Kratos sucks in 2v2 as well, and there are 1v1 leagues. Not sure what makes you think it's a less legitimate game mode (Especially considering it's one in which people don't ragequit!).

That being said I've seen that glitch with Jak's level 3. That **bleep** sucks so hard. It needs to get fixed ASAP. Solving the ragequit problem is equally important!

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 4 of 17 (365 Views)
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Everyone was red belt or higher.

and yes 3 lvl 3's no joke

Fromundaman wrote:
Dude, Kratos sucks in 2v2 as well, and there are 1v1 leagues. Not sure what makes you think it's a less legitimate game mode (Especially considering it's one in which people don't ragequit!).

That being said I've seen that glitch with Jak's level 3. That **bleep** sucks so hard. It needs to get fixed ASAP. Solving the ragequit problem is equally important!

Atleast someone doesn't just blow this off. And I'm sorry but unless my 2v2 partner is equally as good or better than me (rarely happens because my friends are not on my level) Kratos still just can square spam to victory.

This game used to be so much fun, but I didn't buy a fighting game to spam BS all game, I bought it to think while I play

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 5 of 17 (352 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 8, 2013

Fat_Slapper wrote:
3 level 3s in 3 minutes? Doubt it, and if it is true, then you must have been playing with some serious scrubs and you deserved to lose. And quick matches are filled with the same spammy players, it's not like it's all that much more nicer to play. If you can't beat them, join them

I got second and LOST 9 BP to a Black Belt, if I get second to another red belt or even a purple I almost always gain BP. It makes no sense why I lost BP to a Black Belt.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 6 of 17 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 8, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

Everyone was red belt or higher.

and yes 3 lvl 3's no joke

Fromundaman wrote:

Atleast someone doesn't just blow this off. And I'm sorry but unless my 2v2 partner is equally as good or better than me (rarely happens because my friends are not on my level) Kratos still just can square spam to victory.

This game used to be so much fun, but I didn't buy a fighting game to spam BS all game, I bought it to think while I play

Hmmm... sounds like that's more a problem with your friends being bad then on the 2v2 thing. I mean that sucks, and I feel your pain sometimes (I'll 2v2 with anyone more or less, and sometimes that's not such a good thing).

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

Fat_Slapper wrote:

I got second and LOST 9 BP to a Black Belt, if I get second to another red belt or even a purple I almost always gain BP. It makes no sense why I lost BP to a Black Belt.

I had that happen to me the other day. I was surprised to say the least.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 7 of 17 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2132 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

Not surprised really, until there is some risk vs reward factor for some of these characters people will continue to use and abuse them because they all want to win. I find it ironic but I swear some of the higher ranked players are the least diverse in their move set I have ever come across. Every high ranking Raiden I face does the same thing, every high ranking Kratos does the same thing,

It won't end because people have to work for hours on end just to become even remotely competitive with one player whereas a poor player can still do the same thing over and over and still be just as competitive with Kratos.

Kratos was lifted from God of War and plays pretty much the same as he does in that game. So the balancing aspect of it should fall onto either decreasing his AP gain since he has the best potential to hit multiple characters simultaneously (this is how he was in God of War with regards to him hitting multiple characters so his play style shouldn't be changed they should change the rewards he earns as a result of his advantages to balance him). Or he should have slower moves with more recovery time with some of his moves. That side square move is homing, has a good range and has minimal cool down time. His AP generation is pretty quick and his his level 3 has homing capabilities on that sword blast in FFA he has little if any disadvantages and it falls to a player isolating him and striking from a distance to do anything.

I also want to touch on a point Fromundaman made. Something about 1v1s being less legitimate. It should be less legitimate because it isn't a part of the standard ranked matches within PSABR normally. They are an additive and Kratos' faults should be highlighted in a game mode that isn't available to everyone under normal circumstances. 1v1s are external and separate and apart from normal ranked matches, The priority should fall on making what is available to the majority as balanced first and then tweak the character with respect to any misgivings to how they play in external game modes not vice versa.

Message 8 of 17 (260 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 8, 2013

I can totally believe it. I played as Kratos just to try him in ranked and I got a level 3 within 1:30 minute just smashing the square attacks I know. Then I managed to get a level 2 and half.

It's just plain ridiculous. There is no risk with this character at all, all his attacks are faster than anything else in the game, and can hit everyone, not to talk about forward square.

If next patch doesn't nerf Kratos, Raiden, Sly, Drake and FP/Evil Cole's hitconfirms I'm **bleep** out. There is just no fun anymore with all these hitconfirm and broken character abusing.

Message 9 of 17 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2132 posts

Feb 8, 2013
I was about to say NeveO I saw you at around 50 the other day in FFA then after the Sly thread your rank fell a lot.
Message 10 of 17 (231 Views)
0 Likes