1. Solid and addictive combat style.
2. Runs very smoothly.
3. Very diverse cast with extremely different styles.
4. Plain fun.
1. Presentation makes the game look undercooked and "cheap."
2. Bugs still remain online.
3. Not enough unlocks for things like poses, taunts, intros and outros. Need more to aim for when playing.
4. Some obvious balancing still needed for some character's AP gain (e.g., Sackboy) and some supers (e.g., Sly Cooper's level 1 being uninterruptable with a huge range)
5. Would like a larger cast of unique characters from Playstation past, not just characters with games coming out soon or out in the last year.
6. Need more fun and unique modes to shake things up (e.g., capture the flag?)
7. Little effort seems to have been put in arcade mode (e.g., still picture intros and outros with little to no story attached to the characters)
Cole-Raiden Rivalry(although the escalation of it is a bit weird)
Characters mostly retain elements from their games.
Undeveloped final boss
Stupid reasons for most rivalries
Inconsistent music- The main theme is good, but the music starting at 21 seconds in this video sucks. The music for Stowaways(both the uncharted and bioshock music), for the Columbia stage(both the bioshock and twisted metal music), and for the killzone music for the Dojo are awesome. But I think the music sucks for Invasion.
Menu, credits, and the whole presentation scream low budget.
- Very Distinctive characters that all play very uniquely
- Very original gamplay style and Super System
- 4 Player endless fun
- Cross Play
- Online and Offline play at the same time
- TONS of unlockables
- Awesome final boss
- Great Customization and Costumes
- TONS of combat trials
- Free Vita copy
- Free DLC
- Only FFA and 2v2 Ranked
- Very limited matchmaking options (also no lobbies)
- Arcade mode is very boring
- Bland Menus
- 2 Coles (despite them playing differently)
- Inbalanced (MANY characters have spammy attacks that have too much AP gain)
- Too fun
It's by far not a perfect game, and there is lots of room for improvement. That being said, it's still a fantastic game, with REALLY addicting couch multiplayer. I play it a ton with my roommates, and hope to continue playing day after day after day. It's really fun that I can play 2v2 with my roommate, but I wish that we could just grab some random person online to fill my 4th player spot when me and my 2 roommate play. or something like that.
- Fun game with friends
- Fast to learn, slow to master
- Most of the roster is well done
- Nice stages (not all of them though)
- Works well online
- Some incredibly bad and lame roster choices
- Some OP characters
- Arcade/story mode boring as **bleep** and with cheap cutscenes
- Unreasonable lack of interesting unlockables
- Dino (yeah he counts twice)
- Dino's alternate "costumes" (yep)
- Technically is not really impressive as it could
Overall, my rate would be 7, 7.5 maybe because with friends it's actually better than I expected, still Smash Bros. is more fun though.