I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Re: name the pros and cons of this game.

Nov 23, 2012
Let me correct 'too little' unlockables...

More like: too little unlockables that MATTER ( seriously, who needs 200 icons if you're gonna use 1?

We need more animations, costumes, taunts, unlockable voice samples, music, etc...

So much unlock potential. It'd just not there.
Message 11 of 37 (202 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

Pros

- Very polished game

- Interesting well designed roster, each character really represents and feels like an extension of the games they originate from

- Mostly balanced, despite the very varied movesets none seem to be the be all end all over everyone else

- Very smexy intro cutscene battle

- Unique stages each requiring different tactics

- Story cutscenes good homages to the characters series with the narrations done to reflect the game

- Incredibly fun battles for 2vs2 and 4vs4

- Took the 4 player brawler concept and revamped it (i.e it's not a clone of Smash just because Smash made the existing concept popular)

Cons

- Online can be very buggy with connections

- Slightly disapointing final boss fight

- Lack of some All Stars characters due to liscensing issues (this isn't really the devs fault though)

- Some characters require much less effort to pick up than others, this doesn't make them better exactly in the long run but it does shift the amount of times you'll be fighting some online over others

Message 12 of 37 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Nov 23, 2012

PRO:

-every character feels diferent to another...exception evil cole

-addictive gameplay (im in the job, i wanna back to my house to play it)

-cool grafics

-i like the mash up stages

CON

-20-22 characters is very low...even if is the first game

-gran turismo,motorstorm are needed,,at least as a stage

-needs some ICO character.or a Shadow of colossus stage

-Menu are kind of lame.

-the final stage can be better

-still waiting for crash-spyro-old snake-connor or ezio..cloud....and why not, scorpion or subzero.

-hope for more sony characters, like wander, lammy, tag, robbit, dart maybe.

Maybe they put a little more effort to make the game "playstationist", i mean, more than put circles, triangles, squares and X..

maybe in the opening put a HD and cool remake of the cool (PS1 startup), you know, that orange simbol, and then...Playstation..

Message 13 of 37 (186 Views)
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Pros

Beautifully done characters, everything seems very fluid

No character seems like their moveset at it's core is lacking in any way

Exciting matches (except for one of my cons, coming up)

The gameplay in general is top notch

Cons

Some characters AP gain and combos are just too strong, Kratos is the most OP **bleep** of all time

Some characters supers are seriously lackluster and near impossibly ineffective while others are vice versa extreme

No 1 vs 1 online random mode, I wanna 1 vs 1, no items, no hazards, final desti...erm, I wanna 1 vs 1 lol

but no seriously, Kratos AP gain is **bleep** dumb as **bleep**, mash forward square and square, get level 3, get 5 kills before it runs out, and then possibly do it again. His range is way too **bleep** high, combined with his ridiculous AP gain and insta grabs (yes, you can **bleep** block them, but not when you're already fighting someone else, then Gaytos just hooks your neck from behind instantly without effort, then combos you for 100 AP, god forbid he gets the person you were fighting in there too)

I'm not joking, I dont think I've seen a SINGLE game where Kratos was in it, where Kratos didnt win the game. Every, single, time. PSABR team, look at win/loss ratios in games involving Kratos---->**bleep** brix

Anyways, the game is great, and ALL characters are made very well, except Kratos gains too much AP for all his **bleep**.

Message 14 of 37 (173 Views)
Sackboy
595 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Pro
Fun game to play with friends and online is pretty good despite the occasional glitch and bug.

Con
Roster. Specific ally the third party characters being advertisements. Mostly dante and raiden. Oh, and the two bioshock infinite stages. To me heihachi is mostly fine as he was originally ps exclusive for a bunch of games.
Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 15 of 37 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
635 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Pros:
Addictive Gameplay
Balanced, Varied Roster
Amazing Soundtrack
Great Stages
Solid Online Play

Cons:
Repetitive, bland Arcade Mode
Boring Trials
Would have liked I have seen more alternate costumes
(Nit-Pick) Changin the color scheme of a character should be shown on the character in the select screen
Limited modes

If I were to grade it: 8.5/10
Photobucket
Message 16 of 37 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I'll just say my two big ones:

Pro: Gameplay is amazing, it feels great and is a ton of fun. Clearly the devs put a lot and time and energy into this, which leads to the cons...

Cons: The menu system is one of the worst I've seen in some time, so bland, so straight forward, very few options/features that should be there (ex. Some characters show thier back in the customization menu with no way to spin them, goal progress is not tracked rather it's just checked complete or not, too few gameplay options, too few cutscenes, after a match the players are not remembered leaving you to set up all players/AI again, an overall look/feel of inadequacy, etc). Though the gameplay is so good I'm not as off put by this as I normally would be.

Message 17 of 37 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Nov 23, 2012

yeah...well, i dont wanna compare this with smash..

but i miss the "team battle"..i and my brother, fighting against 2 characters.

Message 18 of 37 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
635 posts

Nov 23, 2012

xamoel_bros wrote:

yeah...well, i dont wanna compare this with smash..

but i miss the "team battle"..i and my brother, fighting against 2 characters.

You can still do that...

Photobucket
Message 19 of 37 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Nov 23, 2012

really?  Smiley Very Happy

how?

Message 20 of 37 (131 Views)
0 Likes