- Very polished game
- Interesting well designed roster, each character really represents and feels like an extension of the games they originate from
- Mostly balanced, despite the very varied movesets none seem to be the be all end all over everyone else
- Very smexy intro cutscene battle
- Unique stages each requiring different tactics
- Story cutscenes good homages to the characters series with the narrations done to reflect the game
- Incredibly fun battles for 2vs2 and 4vs4
- Took the 4 player brawler concept and revamped it (i.e it's not a clone of Smash just because Smash made the existing concept popular)
- Online can be very buggy with connections
- Slightly disapointing final boss fight
- Lack of some All Stars characters due to liscensing issues (this isn't really the devs fault though)
- Some characters require much less effort to pick up than others, this doesn't make them better exactly in the long run but it does shift the amount of times you'll be fighting some online over others
-every character feels diferent to another...exception evil cole
-addictive gameplay (im in the job, i wanna back to my house to play it)
-i like the mash up stages
-20-22 characters is very low...even if is the first game
-gran turismo,motorstorm are needed,,at least as a stage
-needs some ICO character.or a Shadow of colossus stage
-Menu are kind of lame.
-the final stage can be better
-still waiting for crash-spyro-old snake-connor or ezio..cloud....and why not, scorpion or subzero.
-hope for more sony characters, like wander, lammy, tag, robbit, dart maybe.
Maybe they put a little more effort to make the game "playstationist", i mean, more than put circles, triangles, squares and X..
maybe in the opening put a HD and cool remake of the cool (PS1 startup), you know, that orange simbol, and then...Playstation..
Beautifully done characters, everything seems very fluid
No character seems like their moveset at it's core is lacking in any way
Exciting matches (except for one of my cons, coming up)
The gameplay in general is top notch
Some characters AP gain and combos are just too strong, Kratos is the most OP **bleep** of all time
Some characters supers are seriously lackluster and near impossibly ineffective while others are vice versa extreme
No 1 vs 1 online random mode, I wanna 1 vs 1, no items, no hazards, final desti...erm, I wanna 1 vs 1 lol
but no seriously, Kratos AP gain is **bleep** dumb as **bleep**, mash forward square and square, get level 3, get 5 kills before it runs out, and then possibly do it again. His range is way too **bleep** high, combined with his ridiculous AP gain and insta grabs (yes, you can **bleep** block them, but not when you're already fighting someone else, then Gaytos just hooks your neck from behind instantly without effort, then combos you for 100 AP, god forbid he gets the person you were fighting in there too)
I'm not joking, I dont think I've seen a SINGLE game where Kratos was in it, where Kratos didnt win the game. Every, single, time. PSABR team, look at win/loss ratios in games involving Kratos---->**bleep** brix
Anyways, the game is great, and ALL characters are made very well, except Kratos gains too much AP for all his **bleep**.
Fun game to play with friends and online is pretty good despite the occasional glitch and bug.
Roster. Specific ally the third party characters being advertisements. Mostly dante and raiden. Oh, and the two bioshock infinite stages. To me heihachi is mostly fine as he was originally ps exclusive for a bunch of games.
I make it rain with Kudos
Balanced, Varied Roster
Solid Online Play
Repetitive, bland Arcade Mode
Would have liked I have seen more alternate costumes
(Nit-Pick) Changin the color scheme of a character should be shown on the character in the select screen
If I were to grade it: 8.5/10
I'll just say my two big ones:
Pro: Gameplay is amazing, it feels great and is a ton of fun. Clearly the devs put a lot and time and energy into this, which leads to the cons...
Cons: The menu system is one of the worst I've seen in some time, so bland, so straight forward, very few options/features that should be there (ex. Some characters show thier back in the customization menu with no way to spin them, goal progress is not tracked rather it's just checked complete or not, too few gameplay options, too few cutscenes, after a match the players are not remembered leaving you to set up all players/AI again, an overall look/feel of inadequacy, etc). Though the gameplay is so good I'm not as off put by this as I normally would be.