Oct 28 2012
By: Y_M_1 Lombax Warrior 161 posts

maining top tier

14 replies 227 views Edited Oct 28, 2012

If the character u plan on maining is a top tier character will you continue 2 main him?? or are you one of those people that look for the top tier character 2 main?

I personally hate seeing my main everywhere and i got a feeling Dante and Raiden will be top tier. I have a backup which is evil cole i just hope ther'e all not considered top tier characters.

Message 1 of 15 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Re: maining top tier

Oct 28, 2012

Stop saying "top tier". You used it 5 times in 4 sentances

Message 2 of 15 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Yeah I have a feeling we'll see a ton of cole, kratos, nariko, and raiden.
Message 3 of 15 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I always hate when my favorite character is the main one used. Not like I am a hipster or anything, but I like having my own thing.

I hope that makes sense

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 4 of 15 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Oct 28, 2012

The problem lies with all 3 of the characters you named not only being great but easily the 3 coolest and coolest looking characters. Plus everyone wants dem combos

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 5 of 15 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14623 posts

Oct 28, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

Stop saying "top tier". You used it 5 times in 4 sentances

Not to say I like his diction, but I feel you could have at least responded to the topic. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 6 of 15 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Tiers are only as good as the game they're in. In this game, it's pretty easy to counter an effective character so long as he's not broken. The majority of people will play whichever character is hot at the time, not necessarily tiered characters. Last beta it was Radec and Kratos, the beta before that it was Sly and PaRappa.

Also, I think tiers will be less definite than they were in Smash. In Smash, a good player at the bottom almost always cannot beat a good player at the top, but with PSAS it seems like every character has a good chance at beating any other one (unless they're playing against their exact foil character...).
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 7 of 15 (189 Views)
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I'm really having a rough time picturing solid tiers. From what we've seen everyone seems to be relatively equal in strengths and weaknesses. I can see why people would think more combo heavy characters would be at the top, but really thinking about it, I feel that wouldn't be the case.

I see characters like Kratos and Raiden being "popular" more than "top tier."

As for the actual question, I don't particularly care if my character of choice is a top pick or not. It'd be nice if they weren't because it feels a tad more special doing well with them, but if they are than no big deal.

Message 8 of 15 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 28, 2012
I just pick whoever I like and master whoever I like I don't believe in the concept of tiers, I just see it is a list of characters ranking from easiest to master to hardest to master because that's what most people make it out to be, that's not to say that the easier to master characters aren't ok to use, I'm fine with people using them, I just find it rediculous that some people pick those characters specifically because they're top tier, it's not impossible for a lower tier character to beat a higher tier character, it's all in the skill not in the character.
Message 9 of 15 (164 Views)
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Oct 28, 2012
I want to main Nariko, but if I start to see her a lot online, I'll have Sly, Ratchet, (Good) Cole, and Dlc character as my backups.
Message 10 of 15 (141 Views)
0 Likes