Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Re: lol I'm done Heihachi

Dec 6, 2012
i win quiet a few unranked matches with heihei (thats his nickname for me). its just trickier than other character because his supers arent that practical and he has almost no ranged attacks (that bowling pin is a joke).

youre best bet is to separate players and take them on one on one. do not try to get in the mix because you will get destroyed by almost anyone.

hes tricky but i love winning with him, just like sir dan.
Message 11 of 17 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2913 posts

Dec 6, 2012

JayJXZ wrote:
The thing about Heihaci is, he's best in 1 v 1 and up-close melee. Does this mean he's useless in FFA? Not nessesarily.

His main strength is in 1 v. 1, so in FFA the main thing you wanna try to do is separate 1 person from the pack. Grab and/or use his neutral circle to eject other combatants away from you, and counter any incoming attacks with him 360 decree counter. It's window is small, but it can counter from any angle, which is nice.

One you have an opponent separated, get in close & keep 'em close. you can Wave Dash and then immediately press Square for a fast Electric Wind God fist, which lifts the opponent into the air for juggles AND has 30 AP of super armor. Also, whenever you get a chance to, use down-circle to charge up Raijin until Heihachi's hands glow red. this will triple the AP gain of Heihachi's next hit, once you have this characterd, play defensive and try to attack when you're sure that it'll hit for big AP gain.

What if you find yourself against another melee character such as Kratos or Raiden? Counter, Wave dash in for Electric Wind God Fist, and use Demon's Winds, Heihachi's down square. this places the opponent into a butt-drop state, which can be followed up by any combo of your choosing. Characters like Kratos and Nariko have range on you with thier chains, so stick as close as possible and show them that your fists and feet are just as effective

In a 1v. 1 situation Heihaci's biggest downfall is trap characters, such as Sackboy. his electric pad will be a constant detriment to you, and his fan and other tactics can push you out of melee range. Try not to let up, and use attacks with super armor to migate his pad and other traps.

It's not always possible to split up the battle for your favorable 1 on 1 conditions, but try your best to make this happen. If not, stick near the outside of the battle ball, wash dash in and do a quick combo to a character nearest to you, then get back out or turn your attention to another enemy if you see an opening. Avoid being pinned between battling characters at all costs. Down Square is useful for the butt-drop state and 30 AP super armor in this situation, and Down-Triangle places all opponents within range in a Knockdown State. Also, don't forget Heihaci's 360 degree counter attack.

As for his supers, in FFA his level 1 is a bit slow and can be interrupted easily, and be be hard to get multi-kills with.Down circle followed by square can be used to combo into it, but it isn't something you can pull out all that quickly. combo into the lvl 1 if you have a chance to, but if not then save up for lvl 2.

His level 2 super is by far his best. He summons his pet bear Kuma, who goes on a rampage and kills everybodyd he touches. This is Hachi's best super, but make sure to use it near the action. This super can be a bit unreliable, though, as on biggest stages other opponents can avoid Kuma more easily. Once Kuma is out, take advantage of the panic by getting some hits in on fleeing opponents.

Heihachi's lvl 3 is a cinematic; auto 3 kills. It's fun to watch and garentees your 3 kills, but his lvl 2 has the potiental to get more kills and costs less AP. Save this for if you want a stylish finish.

Who are you talking to? Sounds like you're explaining Heihachi to someone who has never played with him before. You don't think I know all of that? My record with him is 87, 51, 24, 8 and he's still garbage is FFA.

Message 12 of 17 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Wow, slow down. The dude gave his explanation on how he does well with him. Expect opinions on a forum. Also, i did not read one bit of arrogance in his post. I don't think he was attacking you in any way.

Message 13 of 17 (456 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Dec 6, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

Who are you talking to? Sounds like you're explaining Heihachi to someone who has never played with him before. You don't think I know all of that? My record with him is 87, 51, 24, 8 and he's still garbage is FFA.

With this much complaining it doesn't sound like you know him whatsoever >_>

Message 14 of 17 (447 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Dec 6, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

Bryyo wrote:
I don't know what everybody else is complaining about. I can get tons of kills with Heihachi easily in all variations of battles. You have to approach each character differently if you want to be good with all of them.

how do you usually combo into his level 1?

O(counter)+R2 or foward square+R2. Only ones I know

Message 15 of 17 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Dec 6, 2012

D-Squad3 wrote:

What i'm saying is, he can be viable, even though he's one of the more underwelming characters on the roster. If you think he's garbage then that's fine and understandable, I was just giving reasons why he isn't all bad. But id you've played with him for that long and have come to that conclusion after a considerable ammount of play time, then you're entilied to your opinion,

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 16 of 17 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Sounds like you just suck as Heihatchi. I've gotten into several punch/kick chains before without interruption!
Message 17 of 17 (418 Views)
0 Likes