Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Re: jak...

Dec 31, 2012
but the star does kill if it hits on the way downs so yeah dude but its still very similar.
Never look down on anybody unless your helping them up.....
Playstation.......Makes Us Believe In The Make Believe.
Message 11 of 28 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jan 8, 2013

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

KiDMachTwo wrote:
Agreed. A 5-10 ap boost for melee, a bigger hit box for his level 2, and more ap for his up triangle and he'd be perfect

I agree with all of this except for a bigger hit box for his Level 2. The Dark Bomb has a pretty large radius in the area Jak lands. The only real issue with it is how slow it generally is. If they could speed it up, I could see it as a pretty devastating Super.

Perhaps allow a little control over where he lands, as well. Help increase its potency.

Yes it's 'UPWARD' blast radius is pretty decent (0-180 degrees), but it should have a 'downward' (181-360) blast radius too! For example, if you activate it and land on a thin platform above someone, it has a very clear (180-degree) semi-circle shape to it, missing everything below entirely, which makes no sense to me. If you trigger an explosion with you in the middle, shouldn't it go in a complete circle? First time I did his Level 2 on on elevated platform and found out it completely ignores others right below you, I was legitimately p.o.'ed. As if his Supers aren't hard enough to land already? I get the feeling this was more of an oversight on Superbot's part than an actual decision, but I think it should be fixed. If Kratos' grapple move can go through thin platforms, shouldn't Jak's Level 2 EXPLOSION radius do the same? And yes, I realize you can use the down-button technique to go through thin platforms just like any other air attack, but then other players could just jump up while you go all the way down, still missing everyone. I just think his Level 2 is way too easy to escape from.

Message 12 of 28 (319 Views)
Superbot Developer
46 posts

Jan 8, 2013

As you guys can imagine, buffing/nerfing a character is a tough balancing act. Buffing and nerfing certain things (especially broad stuff like AP gain) affects other parts of the character (in this case, the strength of his level 3). With that said, we're aware of Jak's AP gain and are looking into feasible adjustments.

Jak is sick!

Message 13 of 28 (302 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jan 8, 2013

Strider_Doom wrote:

As you guys can imagine, buffing/nerfing a character is a tough balancing act. Buffing and nerfing certain things (especially broad stuff like AP gain) affects other parts of the character (in this case, the strength of his level 3). With that said, we're aware of Jak's AP gain and are looking into feasible adjustments.

Jak is sick!

His level 3 compared to his overall moves and effects is actually not balanced anyway. His level 3 is short. His Light shield hitbox isnt all the great either. Some players can dogde it like as if they were invisible. Flash Freeze is mostly pointless. Light Jak is a special where as once you miss one person with that Light shield now your kills are limited to 1 less meaning 5. Im not doing a great job at explaining this but Light Jak isn't as amazing as he sort out to be especially considering his bad ap gain with his complicated specials(mostly Dark Bomb). As a skilled Jak main I can get 6 kills but thats only if players suck at dodging supers. I most of the time only net 5kills or less. Less happens a lot to because of Light Jaks glitches/issues -_-. For a cinematic controllable super Jak's isnt that good compared to others. Its great but not that great. It can get stuck throw walls, it also has this thing where on a lot of platforms and structures it will keep you in place wasting your super bar. It has a few glitches.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 14 of 28 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Jan 9, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Strider_Doom wrote:

Jak is sick!

His level 3 compared to his overall moves and effects is actually not balanced anyway. His level 3 is short. His Light shield hitbox isnt all the great either. Some players can dogde it like as if they were invisible. Flash Freeze is mostly pointless. Light Jak is a special where as once you miss one person with that Light shield now your kills are limited to 1 less meaning 5. Im not doing a great job at explaining this but Light Jak isn't as amazing as he sort out to be especially considering his bad ap gain with his complicated specials(mostly Dark Bomb). As a skilled Jak main I can get 6 kills but thats only if players suck at dodging supers. I most of the time only net 5kills or less. Less happens a lot to because of Light Jaks glitches/issues -_-. For a cinematic controllable super Jak's isnt that good compared to others. Its great but not that great. It can get stuck throw walls, it also has this thing where on a lot of platforms and structures it will keep you in place wasting your super bar. It has a few glitches.

Hi BlueDiamond!!! Long time no see Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 28 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Strider_Doom wrote:

Jak is sick!

I've noticed that most characters have reliable setups/confirms for their level 1s (except for around roughly 5). Unless there is a reliable setup/confirm for Jak (that us players haven't figured out yet), I think he really needs one too.

Message 16 of 28 (238 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Well Strider_Doom good to see you guys do at least look and listen to what is said by fans. As far as Jak though I don't think a slight ap boost to the attacks that need it (the ones I think need it are on first page of this) will make him op at all imo. He has a level 1 that is not that great if you don't know how to use it, and kinda the same with his level 2, and I admit his level 3 is one of the best in the game but I don't see that as a huge factor for making him gain ap better where needed. I don't see his level 3 as being any stronger than like Nariko, Drake, Sackboy, Radec, and maybe even Kratos. It's one of the really good ones but its doesn't seem like it's way better than most other characters with good ones.
Message 17 of 28 (233 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Jan 9, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Well Strider_Doom good to see you guys do at least look and listen to what is said by fans. As far as Jak though I don't think a slight ap boost to the attacks that need it (the ones I think need it are on first page of this) will make him op at all imo. He has a level 1 that is not that great if you don't know how to use it, and kinda the same with his level 2, and I admit his level 3 is one of the best in the game but I don't see that as a huge factor for making him gain ap better where needed. I don't see his level 3 as being any stronger than like Nariko, Drake, Sackboy, Radec, and maybe even Kratos. It's one of the really good ones but its doesn't seem like it's way better than most other characters with good ones.

Exactly everything you said was perfect! but what about my points I listed... My points are better then the ones on the first page Smiley Happy

Only time will tell.
Message 18 of 28 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Jak's Level 2 is kind of an oddity.

It takes 320 AP, making it the cheapest Level 2 in the game. At the same time it's closely followed by Radec, Sly and Evil Cole at 325 AP, all of whom have some situational but ultimate very effective Level 2s.

What I noticed was that the Dark Bomb launches Jak 4 character-lengths (a single box in the practice-mode) forward while exploding at 5 character lengths, meaning it could catch someone who Jak was standing next to when he used it and didn't move for some reason. This makes it somewhat better than Evil Cole's Ionic Drain, which traps within 2 character lengths and kills at 3 (the difference being that Iconic Drain is pretty quick).

What bugs me is the next tier of Level 2 costs: Big Daddy, Spike and Toro all have 330 as their cost, and their Level 2s can be tremendously effective in most situations (in Spike's case, his huge AP-gain makes up for the Sword Frenzy's short-comings). Toro makes a wish actually lands about 7 character-lengths away and covers 14 character-lengths in its explosion. All that for a 10 AP difference.

How is that fair?

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 19 of 28 (216 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

Jak's Level 2 is kind of an oddity.

It takes 320 AP, making it the cheapest Level 2 in the game. At the same time it's closely followed by Radec, Sly and Evil Cole at 325 AP, all of whom have some situational but ultimate very effective Level 2s.

What I noticed was that the Dark Bomb launches Jak 4 character-lengths (a single box in the practice-mode) forward while exploding at 5 character lengths, meaning it could catch someone who Jak was standing next to when he used it and didn't move for some reason. This makes it somewhat better than Evil Cole's Ionic Drain, which traps within 2 character lengths and kills at 3 (the difference being that Iconic Drain is pretty quick).

What bugs me is the next tier of Level 2 costs: Big Daddy, Spike and Toro all have 330 as their cost, and their Level 2s can be tremendously effective in most situations (in Spike's case, his huge AP-gain makes up for the Sword Frenzy's short-comings). Toro makes a wish actually lands about 7 character-lengths away and covers 14 character-lengths in its explosion. All that for a 10 AP difference.

How is that fair?

Yeah makes no sense. If Dark Bomb is the cheapest L2. It sure doesn't feel like it and that reason is because Jaks AP gain is not that good.

This is why people complain about Jak. They have a right to to. Jak is the only character in the game who doesn't have a real level setup. He needs a corner to pull it off. That just makes people think sometimes when you see that factors like those. Jak isn't that mobile for the rest of his moves to be the way they are. Almost everyone of Jak moves leave him vulnurable for secs. The AP gain overall sucks between them. Most of them cannot be combo'ed into. SO many problems rely in Jak. Some minor some major.. Dark Bomb should have a raduis similar to Toro's level 2.

With the Mass Inverter slow start up it needs to be a confirm setup for LEVEL 1! Everybody else either has multiple like Raiden or one. Radec even has one for both his supers!

Only time will tell.
Message 20 of 28 (202 Views)