Dec 31 2013
By: KiDMachTwo Wastelander 579 posts

jak...

27 replies 445 views Edited Dec 31, 2012
Has terrible AP build, terrible level 2 super, and crappy combos.

But gosh darn is he one of the most fun to play.
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 1 of 28 (445 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: jak...

Dec 31, 2012

I don't think he should have long combos, just greater AP from his attacks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 2 of 28 (442 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 31, 2012
He already has one of the best attacks in terms of AP. he just needs some practicality.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 3 of 28 (436 Views)
Wastelander
579 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Agreed. A 5-10 ap boost for melee, a bigger hit box for his level 2, and more ap for his up triangle and he'd be perfect
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 4 of 28 (434 Views)
Wastelander
587 posts

Dec 31, 2012

KiDMachTwo wrote:
Agreed. A 5-10 ap boost for melee, a bigger hit box for his level 2, and more ap for his up triangle and he'd be perfect

I agree with all of this except for a bigger hit box for his Level 2. The Dark Bomb has a pretty large radius in the area Jak lands. The only real issue with it is how slow it generally is. If they could speed it up, I could see it as a pretty devastating Super.

Perhaps allow a little control over where he lands, as well. Help increase its potency.

Message 5 of 28 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 31, 2012
"I honestly think Jak needs a buff a bit. I would not lower the ap gain on his blaster it's only 30ap for all three shots and that's his high generation move, almost every character has one move that gives them that so why take it from Jak. His needle lazer should go from 8-12ap to like 14-16ap for all three hitting. I would say go from 5 to 10 on both mass inverter, and peace maker. Also make his Gryo buster stay out longer and go a bit further I think 5ap a bullet landed is fine as it can add up in crowds. Finally make his down triangle bullet bounce like one more time and it would be good."

This is what I said in a thread about a half hour ago. This I what I feel needs to be buffed a bit and I think it's all pretty reasonable.
Message 6 of 28 (413 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 31, 2012
What Jak could use: his side square should cancel easier and get more AP (like, 5 more), Up Square should knock them a little higher so he can do something from it off of a normal use, his down square should knock them a touch higher and let you spin from it, Up Triangle should either give more AP or the animation should end faster. Jak's circle should move a little farther or slower, enemies should move slower off of up circle (that wasn't a bad confirm), side circle could stand to move a tiny bit farther.

However, these could require a nerf on side triangle or air side square. Not sure, though.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 7 of 28 (406 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Yeah buff his circle button attacks i think. compare his lvl 2 super with TORO.....its the same kind of attack but TORO'S is way bigger...HMMMMM WHY the hell is that thats just not right
Never look down on anybody unless your helping them up.....
Playstation.......Makes Us Believe In The Make Believe.
Message 8 of 28 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Strato-Squirrel wrote:
Yeah buff his circle button attacks i think. compare his lvl 2 super with TORO.....its the same kind of attack but TORO'S is way bigger...HMMMMM WHY the hell is that thats just not right

Toro and Jak's L2s are nowhere near the same kind of attack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 9 of 28 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Dec 31, 2012
Hmm yes they are if you take away the animation of when they activate or what causes the blast. You can easily see that its the same kind of attack its a dome effect blast and Toro's is bigger. Both JAK and TORO are my main Characters....i'm not trying to p....i...s...s you off or anything but come on its the same thing just bigger and smaller.
Never look down on anybody unless your helping them up.....
Playstation.......Makes Us Believe In The Make Believe.
Message 10 of 28 (378 Views)