Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: jak...

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2013

@BlueDiamond93 you make some good points, but a lot of what you said I can't judge on I'm not a Jak main I only really use him a lot in 2v2 and from time to time in FFA. I can't even think of a time I used Flash Freeze so I can't really judge there. As for its length I think that's ok, but as I don't use him much I have yet to run into the glitches you mentioned though I could see how that could completely wreck your super. 5-6 kills imo is solid for a level 3 so I'm ok with that. It's not anything against Jaks level 3 super for me I think it's one of the best easily but not like its way better than the characters I said. I think his ap gain needs a buff because his level 3 is by far one of the hardest to get to, and with his 1 and 2 being ok I don't think increasing his ap gain for some attacks will make him op at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 28 (144 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6922 posts

Jan 9, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:

@BlueDiamond93 you make some good points, but a lot of what you said I can't judge on I'm not a Jak main I only really use him a lot in 2v2 and from time to time in FFA. I can't even think of a time I used Flash Freeze so I can't really judge there. As for its length I think that's ok, but as I don't use him much I have yet to run into the glitches you mentioned though I could see how that could completely wreck your super. 5-6 kills imo is solid for a level 3 so I'm ok with that. It's not anything against Jaks level 3 super for me I think it's one of the best easily but not like its way better than the characters I said. I think his ap gain needs a buff because his level 3 is by far one of the hardest to get to, and with his 1 and 2 being ok I don't think increasing his ap gain for some attacks will make him op at all.

Yeah if you not a Jak main you won't pick up on the things like I have so your opinion will be a little different and lacking :/ Somethings can be seen from just playing Jak players and playing as Jak, but then a lot also rely in you having to have played Jak for a long while..

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 28 (127 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Jan 9, 2013

I would love it if they buffed his 

foward punch

needle lazer

Level 2 (Have him hit the ground faster

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 28 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jan 9, 2013

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Negimafan wrote:

Jak's Level 2 is kind of an oddity.

It takes 320 AP, making it the cheapest Level 2 in the game. At the same time it's closely followed by Radec, Sly and Evil Cole at 325 AP, all of whom have some situational but ultimate very effective Level 2s.

What I noticed was that the Dark Bomb launches Jak 4 character-lengths (a single box in the practice-mode) forward while exploding at 5 character lengths, meaning it could catch someone who Jak was standing next to when he used it and didn't move for some reason. This makes it somewhat better than Evil Cole's Ionic Drain, which traps within 2 character lengths and kills at 3 (the difference being that Iconic Drain is pretty quick).

What bugs me is the next tier of Level 2 costs: Big Daddy, Spike and Toro all have 330 as their cost, and their Level 2s can be tremendously effective in most situations (in Spike's case, his huge AP-gain makes up for the Sword Frenzy's short-comings). Toro makes a wish actually lands about 7 character-lengths away and covers 14 character-lengths in its explosion. All that for a 10 AP difference.

How is that fair?

Yeah makes no sense. If Dark Bomb is the cheapest L2. It sure doesn't feel like it and that reason is because Jaks AP gain is not that good.

This is why people complain about Jak. They have a right to to. Jak is the only character in the game who doesn't have a real level setup. He needs a corner to pull it off. That just makes people think sometimes when you see that factors like those. Jak isn't that mobile for the rest of his moves to be the way they are. Almost everyone of Jak moves leave him vulnurable for secs. The AP gain overall sucks between them. Most of them cannot be combo'ed into. SO many problems rely in Jak. Some minor some major.. Dark Bomb should have a raduis similar to Toro's level 2.

With the Mass Inverter slow start up it needs to be a confirm setup for LEVEL 1! Everybody else either has multiple like Raiden or one. Radec even has one for both his supers!

As a Jak user, I strongly agree with your points. Another frustrating little thing about his Level 2 is because it has such a slow start-up, it's very common to have everyone cornered (perfect set-up, right?) fighting it out, only to have them happen to be hit into a knockdown state RIGHT when your attack lands, snubbing you out of what should have been easy kills. If they would add a split-second 'hit-duration' to his Level 2, I think that would go a long way. It would also prevent dodging against it.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 28 (105 Views)
Splicer
44 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Jak just needs a better level 2. Higher AP gain with his mobility is insane.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 28 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6922 posts

Jan 9, 2013

Rynocerious wrote:

Jak just needs a better level 2. Higher AP gain with his mobility is insane.

His mobility isn't all that. As he stands he AP does need more gain. You can't say this unless you're a Jak user. Seriously you can't. You can't just play against a lot of Jaks and say oh hes mobile so he needs no buff. You just can't. Jak players don't spam the same moves for nothing....

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 28 (93 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2402 posts

Jan 9, 2013
Toros level 2 is actually slower than Jaks, I always see it coming and kill toro before the star can even hit the ground, which stops him from getting anybody(:
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 28 (90 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jan 9, 2013

My complaint wasn't really about the slow start-up in and of itself. It was more about the hit-duration once it lands, and the unpredictablility of people getting knocked down while you're in mid-air, snubbing you of what should have been guaranteed kills.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 28 (85 Views)