Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 16 2012
By: Borisso First Son 3 posts

is it crazy to hope for PS1 RPG characters?

5 replies 164 views Edited Jul 16, 2012

the PS1 era was by far the best one for RPG fans and I keep hoping that they announce characters from it.

Final fantasy 7-8-9 were all awesome, and I can't hope enough that they go for someone like Cloud or Squall (or Vivi ^^) instead of more recent Lightning. (Hated FF13)

also, Legend of the Dragoons was made by Sony and it was freakin awesome, can they really pass on Dart?

Ryu from breath of fire franchise would be nice too (dragon transformation moves/supers)

Chrono Trigger/Cross, Wild Arms and many more have awesome characters to offer a game like All-Star.

Anyway, any thoughts from fellow old-school RPG fans?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (164 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: is it crazy to hope for PS1 RPG characters?

Jul 17, 2012

I completely agree with you about the inclusion of Dart. His character would be perfect for this game because as other users have already said, his attacks in All-Stars can be modeled after his additions, and his supers can be attacks from his red and divine dragon forms. Hopefully both he and the other older characters from the PS1 era won't be forgotten.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (140 Views)
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Jul 17, 2012
I don't know why but I think RPG fans should probably brace for 2 characters at the most, at least initially and I figure Cloud would be one of those.

Sony should just go ahead and try and make an RPG that crosses over most of the RPG franchises that have graced the PS. Either something like KH (Action RPG), something like the usual crossover SRPGs we see from Japan or just the usual turn-based setup and you can essentially build your dream RPG roster (4 characters in a party, maybe even let the player create their own). Have all the leads from FF team up or have all your favorite RPG magic users/summoners in one team.

Eh. I'd love to see FFIX represented as well as LoD but I'd be surprised to see either get the nod.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (135 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jul 17, 2012

You know, an rpg mashup would be pretty cool to see, but I doubt it would ever happen, at least not any time soon with PS All-Stars coming out. Having all the great characters that will be/are in here is good enough for me though!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I've always dreamed of a fighting/mashing game with all my favorite (and more) RPG characters. How cool would it be to battle Sephiroth and Seifer with Cloud and Squall doing a omnislash/lionheart combo (Lion Slash?)

anyway...  But an actual RPG that would merge all the PS RPG's main into one game? that would be freakin awesome! (highly unlikely but still).

Anyway, back to main topic, I would be satisfied with Cloud and Dart. any other RPG character would just add to my joy ^^

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (112 Views)
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 17, 2012

I'd hope we'd get anywhere between 3-4 in the overall roster. Because in my opinion ps1/ps2 was known for it's rpgs/jrpgs. Then with ps3 it was kind of dry for a couple of years. I've grabbed myself a few titles and it's coming alive now but still, it felt really, really different.

I like the roster so far but I'd really love to see someone from FF (not lighting for the love of god), Xenosaga, Dark Cloud, a Tales game (that's on the ps2 or ps3 naturally), Star Ocean. Those just being games I know of and have played. I'm also aware of the classics I missed out on. I wasn't a ps1 child, I was on the n64 back then lol

It would just be nice that's all.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes