Sackboy
502 posts

Re: in your personal opinion...

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

halfhoff wrote:

I believe you mis-understood me, i said "controlls" not "controller" controllers make no difference to me,  each charector has more than a dozen moves, on top of that a well made "evade/block" system, on top of that, it helps when each charector is well balanced, instead of "smash" where half the rostr cant match up to link or kirby.

Get out here with that. 

No fast falling

No Edge Grab

No Dashing or Walking 

No Item Throwing 

No Place Dodge

To drop through platform you must hold x and down 

Grabbing in this game isn't better

Dodging and Rolling isn't better

Message 31 of 48 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Nov 13, 2012

i'm not saying this will be or will not be better than smash bros. overall, i will say personally for me i think it will be better. I grew up with all these characters and know who they are. Hope i don't get hate for this, but when i got smash bros brawl i didn't know alot of the characters other than mario, zelda, sonic and some pokemon characters... also i've grown to like the super system in all-stars.

"Half as Long, Twice as Bright."
Photobucket
Message 32 of 48 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Personally I didnt like brawl because no matter who you pick you get essentially the same moveset. The were no major differences.

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 33 of 48 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1364 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

djking1994_red wrote:

halfhoff wrote:

I believe you mis-understood me, i said "controlls" not "controller" controllers make no difference to me,  each charector has more than a dozen moves, on top of that a well made "evade/block" system, on top of that, it helps when each charector is well balanced, instead of "smash" where half the rostr cant match up to link or kirby.

Get out here with that. 

No fast falling - Would have been great.

No Edge Grab - Argumentle but it would have been nice.

No Dashing or Walking  You can walk by tilting the analog stick. Otherwise, whatever.

No Item Throwing - Well, you want to USE items not throw them right?

No Place Dodge - This would have been great.

To drop through platform you must hold x and down - I don't see how this is a bad thing. It's just different. Same as double tapping. Requires two button presses. Plus, it's holding DOWN then X.

Grabbing in this game isn't better - You can grab people out of a roll. And did you see Ratchet's Grab? That thing is crazy. Plus, how do people using arcade sticks grab people? I'm pretty sure you can adjust that.

Dodging and Rolling isn't better - A dodge roll's invincibility lasts for about 16 frames in All stars. 14 frames for Aerial. Brawl's dodge roll's invincibility lasts for about 7-19 frames depending on the character you use. 16-26 frames for Aerial. You know, I wouldn't count this out yet until we get data from the rest of the cast unless everyone has the same frames used. But for now it seems Smash has better Aerial dodging.

Some I agree with, some I don't. Some I just don't know yet. But you know what you forgot? TECHING! That Aerial Tech they used was cool but Teching from walls and on ground would have been awesome. 

But you also have to take into account that some mechanics are from Traditional fighting games. Like breaking a grab. (I hope I'm not crazy. I am very sure you can break grabs in this game.)

Message 34 of 48 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I like the basic game mechanics better than smash bros, but with customs stages, trophies and the plethora of other stuff smash has, they have more quantity. At it's core, I perfer All Stars.

And even if i didn't i'd get it anyway. My Wii broke, and Smash is not cross platform, so whatcha gonna do?

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 35 of 48 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 13, 2012

No way. Still it can be a decent game, but better than Brawl? Nah.

Message 36 of 48 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Goniloc wrote:

Personally I didnt like brawl because no matter who you pick you get essentially the same moveset. The were no major differences.

Why do you have to make it so easy? You obviously never played it. Because, seriously, this is so stupid. 

I'd like to think you're simply a blind fanboy and not someone actually that stupid to say something like this after playing Brawl.

Message 37 of 48 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Gameplay is better but needs more iconic characters.
Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 38 of 48 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Nov 13, 2012
In my own opinion it is better than brawl. Now my reasoning is that in Brawl I knew few characters on the roster where as here I know them all. I also prefer the gameplay, and style of the game. Now in truth this game will not be able to out match brawl in the eye of the general public.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 39 of 48 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Message 40 of 48 (53 Views)
0 Likes