Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: im going to get so much hate for this >.>

Nov 17, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:

void-0 wrote:
I'm gonna have to disagree...I would prefer a chimeran instead, not because of a character being "generic" but rather a chimeran being more iconic to the series. When I hear resistance the first image that comes to mind is an alien head with 6 eyes and a bloody mouth set with Sharp teeth. True I can't see how a story would play out except for "rah rah" but as a fighter in my opinion is more versatile and brutal.

I'm speaking in terms of likelyhood. Furthermore, I can only see Chimera playing similarly to Fat Princess, but ranged.

fat princess but ranged? please explain

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 41 of 53 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 17, 2012

A Hybrid on his own does not have much going for him in comparison. He has some basic ranged and melee, but if you're representing the Chimera, you need more than just the Hybrid. An ideal Chimeran character would be summoning chimera that he couldn't take a lot of attributes from - and there are a lot like that. 

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 42 of 53 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1930 posts

Nov 17, 2012
hale has powers.... he could be a all rounder specialized in mid range combat
Message 43 of 53 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:

A Hybrid on his own does not have much going for him in comparison. He has some basic ranged and melee, but if you're representing the Chimera, you need more than just the Hybrid. An ideal Chimeran character would be summoning chimera that he couldn't take a lot of attributes from - and there are a lot like that. 

hmm, kind of like his circle attacks could be a sort of minion spawn and then have chimeran weapons along with them. so more like ratchet and his mr zurkon and glove of doom. thats if I get the same idea as you

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 44 of 53 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Nov 17, 2012
@Dude5059 ahh I get what you mean now...that's true but what's to say they can't incorporate most of the chimeran's movesets into one...if that sounds right? So instead of rather summoning other chimeran it could have their weapons or abilities. However now that I think about it, it sort of ruins the authenticity of the character.
Message 45 of 53 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 17, 2012

void-0 wrote:
@Dude5059 ahh I get what you mean now...that's true but what's to say they can't incorporate most of the chimeran's movesets into one...if that sounds right? So instead of rather summoning other chimeran it could have their weapons or abilities. However now that I think about it, it sort of ruins the authenticity of the character.

I understand what you're saying, and tried to address that, but I may have worded it innefectively. I meant that certain ones- the humanoid ones- COULD be implemented. But the Chimera also have a lot of spidery or otherwise styled units, which a Hybrid could not take attributes from.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 46 of 53 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Nov 17, 2012
^yeah that's fair enough, I guess implementing a chimeran would be more trouble then it's worth...obviously I don't think that's what you were trying to convey but looking at all the points, it would be difficult for a chimeran inclusion.
Message 47 of 53 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I'm a BIG resistance fan. Played all of them except Retribution. RFoM is my favourite game of all time. Played the game for years.

I'll say this:
Both Nathan Hale and a Chimera would be fine with me repn resistance. I'm not sure about Joseph capelli though.

Nathan Hale:
pros:
- represented as "1" person
- has super powers
- definitely the most iconic person in Resistance

Cons: SPOILERS ahead
- Nathan Hale is "another" human. He may have super powers but you must admit he looks very similiar to Cole Magrath

- Nathan Hale gets killed meaning he isn't the face of the franchise ( terrible decision by insomniac)

Chimera:

Pros:
- they're definetly much different than the other characters and bring diversity. They're not the standard "human" size like most characters, slightly bigger and bulkier.

- definitely very iconic to the Resistance franchise

- could being an awesome moveset and can take control of all the unique Chimera arsenal

Cons:

- They are a species ( no head chimera which doesn't make the character very memorable)

- I mow down 1000s of these guys in the story. Again doesn't make the character memorable.

That's all I can think of on the spot. Honestly I would be more than happy if either made it in. I can tell u if a resistance character makes it in , he will be my new main.

Superbot if u read this I have a few requests for skins :smileyhappy:

Nathan Hale:
- I would love the black ops skin. ( full outfit mask and body) or skull version from RFoM

Chimera:
- Grim costume would be Awesome!
- steelhead would also be cool

Message 48 of 53 (44 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 17, 2012
(Infected) Nathan Hale would be their best bet. It is the perfect choice. Not a generic human, not a generic enemy; a mix of the two... which isn't generic to me.
Message 49 of 53 (39 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Oh, and Radec gets killed too. (Infected) Nathan Hale can easily be brought back to life in this game too.
Message 50 of 53 (35 Views)
0 Likes