Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: im going to get so much hate for this >.>

Nov 17, 2012

Okay, I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and I've come to a conclusion. 

The Chimera are definitely the more iconic characters of the Resistance series. That being said, Chimera WOULD NOT work well for this. I have several reasons.

- The argument that this applies to Helghast is true. HOWEVER, the Helghast have an actual named, reasonably sized leader. The only named Chimera are gigantic. They're obviously trying to avoid generic henchmen type characters. This is the reason we got Radec instead of a Helghan, or the Fat Princess instead of a Villager. 

-The Chimera, and the Hybrid specifically- DO appear in the game. They roam around in the background of the San Francisco stage. Having one in the foreground and in the background would feel a little weird. 

-Nathan Hale is honestly not a generic character. The thing is- Nathan Hale had powers. At the end of Resistance 2, he got the powers of Daedelus and this could work REALLY well as a level 3. Furthermore, he wouldn't look quite as odd with human weapons as I feel a chimera would. There's the argument that Chimera are diverse and have a variety of melee capabilities, but with the recent additions of melee weapons to the series, Hale could easily have a decent melee moveset. We could have faster attacks utilizing the Fire Axe, and heavier attacks utilizing the Sledgehammer. Not to mention the variety of ranges the guns in the series have. 

-The only REAL upside I see a Chimeran Hybrid having is mobility. But really, a character from this series probably shouldn't be too mobile. 

I also feel like we could have a more diverse arrangement of costumes were we to get Nathan Hale. He could easily have his R1 Military garb, his R2 suit (probably default), and could even get an R3 Capelli inspired costume.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 53 (148 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:

Okay, I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and I've come to a conclusion. 

The Chimera are definitely the more iconic characters of the Resistance series. That being said, Chimera WOULD NOT work well for this. I have several reasons.

- The argument that this applies to Helghast is true. HOWEVER, the Helghast have an actual named, reasonably sized leader. The only named Chimera are gigantic. They're obviously trying to avoid generic henchmen type characters. This is the reason we got Radec instead of a Helghan, or the Fat Princess instead of a Villager. 

-The Chimera, and the Hybrid specifically- DO appear in the game. They roam around in the background of the San Francisco stage. Having one in the foreground and in the background would feel a little weird. 

-Nathan Hale is honestly not a generic character. The thing is- Nathan Hale had powers. At the end of Resistance 2, he got the powers of Daedelus and this could work REALLY well as a level 3. Furthermore, he wouldn't look quite as odd with human weapons as I feel a chimera would. There's the argument that Chimera are diverse and have a variety of melee capabilities, but with the recent additions of melee weapons to the series, Hale could easily have a decent melee moveset. We could have faster attacks utilizing the Fire Axe, and heavier attacks utilizing the Sledgehammer. Not to mention the variety of ranges the guns in the series have. 

-The only REAL upside I see a Chimeran Hybrid having is mobility. But really, a character from this series probably shouldn't be too mobile. 

I also feel like we could have a more diverse arrangement of costumes were we to get Nathan Hale. He could easily have his R1 Military garb, his R2 suit (probably default), and could even get an R3 Capelli inspired costume.

this!!!!!! thank you:smileyhappy: also not just human weapons, but all the chimera weapons too, would be amazing, resistance is kind of known for its weapons:smileyhappy: level 3 being his chimera power would be amazing, was thinking his level 2 could be the auger, shoots in a straight line but passes through obsticles.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 53 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Nathan hale or joseph capeli would be cool

Hale as half chimera powers....imagine his level 3...eyes grow orange and veins on his head hands raised (end of resistance 2)

Capeli uses his hammer and mutator thatd be cool
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 53 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I would be ok with an infected Hale. but i feel as if the chimera represent te franchise the most much like radec for killzone. I will welcome any rep for resistance even if it is just capelli
#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 53 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 17, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:
I would be ok with an infected Hale. but i feel as if the chimera represent te franchise the most much like radec for killzone. I will welcome any rep for resistance even if it is just capelli

nathan hale is who i would prefer and actually feel alright spending money on lol

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 53 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 17, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

nathan hale is who i would prefer and actually feel alright spending money on lol

I really want a chimera hybrid but will gladly pay for anyone as they will have a similiar playstyle regardless

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 53 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Finally someone else me as a huge resistance fan feel joseph deserves to be in more then a chimera mainly because ive played his story and enjoyed the character so much and he unlike a chimera can actually talk which would make his scenes and story better imo.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 53 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 17, 2012

rustyrue3117 wrote:
Finally someone else me as a huge resistance fan feel joseph deserves to be in more then a chimera mainly because ive played his story and enjoyed the character so much and he unlike a chimera can actually talk which would make his scenes and story better imo.

yeah nathan hale or joseph, i just feel theyd fit more compared to a chimera, idk xD i just think the ideas really weird to have a chimera as DLC

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 53 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I'm gonna have to disagree...I would prefer a chimeran instead, not because of a character being "generic" but rather a chimeran being more iconic to the series. When I hear resistance the first image that comes to mind is an alien head with 6 eyes and a bloody mouth set with Sharp teeth. True I can't see how a story would play out except for "rah rah" but as a fighter in my opinion is more versatile and brutal.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 53 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 17, 2012

void-0 wrote:
I'm gonna have to disagree...I would prefer a chimeran instead, not because of a character being "generic" but rather a chimeran being more iconic to the series. When I hear resistance the first image that comes to mind is an alien head with 6 eyes and a bloody mouth set with Sharp teeth. True I can't see how a story would play out except for "rah rah" but as a fighter in my opinion is more versatile and brutal.

I'm speaking in terms of likelyhood. Furthermore, I can only see Chimera playing similarly to Fat Princess, but ranged.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 53 (81 Views)
0 Likes