Sackboy
460 posts

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 23, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
You're interested in wander (not sure why you're calling him wanderer) who is just a sword user without many attacks..
then there is cloud, who is a sword user but access to magic. surely they are similar it doesnt matter which of the 2.

It's specifically because Wander is such a simple character that I'm curious how he would be used. I didn't say he would be good or someone I'd use. Just curious. Cloud has been in a bunch of fighting games... I've seen what people hav done with him so I'm less interested in an entirely new character in a fighting game then one who has already been in one. He will basically play like he does in Dissidia just 2D. I'm sure his supers will be Limit Breaks and his Lv 3 probably like Kratos, pulls out the Ultima Weapon and slashes people. Is there room for some originality? Yeah. Will there be? Doubt it.

Message 81 of 85 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Oct 23, 2012

I want to play the full game first.. Then I'll judge.. I judged this game before on looks, like every Smash Bros Fanboy, but that was kinda stupid. How do we know this game will turn out, without playing the full game? Yeah you have the beta, but that doesn't show a freaking thing.. 6 characters, 2 levels and a few items.. If your gonna judge on that, then your stupid! Smiley Happy

And I have to say.. The more and more Crash, Cloud etc threads I see, the more I hope those characters aren't in lol.. Smiley Tongue It's getting pretty annoying..

To all of the beggers: YES WE KNOW YOU WANT THIS AND THAT SO SHUT THE DUCK UP!!!

Quoted from Zeothedeathgod aka mr. Optimistic: ''i am a bit disappointed by the roster''
Another Zeo quote: ''They should really have chosen a different roster''
Quoted from mtjjrstccw1 aka mr. Anger: ''my rage is shifted towards identity now''
Message 82 of 85 (75 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Oct 24, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Titles are customizable name cards. As for how many costumes? Don't know. We just know there are going to be some. You can't pretend to hypothetically know everything this game has to offer and say it has not as much content as another game but then when the statement of not knowing what is in the game is brought up ignore it. You have no idea how much content is in this game so you can compare it, thus why I stopped reading.

And the four most requested characters? Well hard to say they are more requested when the ones already in the game won't be requested. And as stated Superbot doesn't put whoever they want in the game, it's up to the developers. They should be in means nothing.

And I've argued nothing, you've the one stated opinions as facts. You know almost nothing about what this game has to offer outside of it's cast and stages yet you already know it has nowhere near as much content as Brawl? Interesting. 

I know everything there is to know about this game that has been made publically available. All my posts outside of 3 have been on this forum. Guess what? I'm disappointed, that's all there is too it. Now who's stating opinion as fact? You're claiming to know how much I know about this game. The only "fact" I stated that is clearly opinion is that Brawl has more content. Which it almost surely does, considering we have only a month left until the game releases. If it doesn't, well then, I'll come on here and admit I'm wrong.

We have a month and we know NOTHING about the game... That is my point. We don't know what modes are offered, we don't know anything about the story mode nor how it will work or be presented. What if they offered us a ten-fifteen hour long story mode with epic cutscenes and such along the lines of Dissidia where we have real conversations between characters? I'm not saying it will have more content than Brawl, I'm just saying we know little to nothing about the game because Superbot is keeping it secret. We don't know how many costumes, we don't know if there are secret stages (to my knowledge they haven't given a stage limit), know little about the items, minions, story... There is so much unknown. Not knowing much about this game is a fact, not an opinion.

As for sucking up to Superbot? Um... No. I'm just not self entitled, I didn't have some dream roster of characters that when they didn't make it I got all **bleep**. I'm happy to have a game where I can have Nathan Drake punch the crap out of Sly Cooper cause I NEVER thought that would ever happen. Are there characters I would have liked more? Yes ofcourse. I think Super Smash has a ton of horrible characters and wasted opportunities (Really need three clones of Fox and Link?) but in the end of the day you have to make everyone happy. There isn't a single character that doesn't have a fan base or desire to be played. That's good enough for me. I'm so excited to play this game.

the problem is ppl play a game like this for the roster  not the gameplay if they want a brawler I am sure most will stick to the familar smash they already have. They will get this game based on who is in and not get it because someone is out.

Photobucket
Message 83 of 85 (55 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Oct 24, 2012

People should **bleep** about the game after the game comes out.
Stop making assumptions, and let it speak for itself.

It drives me crazy the number of people who have already "written off" the game as a flop.

Even IF that's al we get as far as characters are concerned; the game is gonna be a blast.
The beta is already fantastic; and that's with 6 characters, 4 items, and 2 stages.

Keep your chins up, you bitter **bleep**.

Message 84 of 85 (51 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Oct 24, 2012

ps_plyr wrote:

sovietprince wrote:

Playstation battle royale is supposed to be a celebration of playstation history, a museum to all the things that helped shape the playstation today. What we ended up getting though is more of an advertisment then what was originaly pitched to us at the begining.

Don't get me wrong I am a big follower of this game, almost all of my 900+ post are on this fourm and I been very optimistic until now when I finally see that it seems like 20 may be all were getting.  It's was not like I had high expectations with expecting 25ish characters and in fact considered it to speculation toward the low end of what we should get. Though I say that it's not even the amount of characters that bug me it's who is missing from the 20 that makes this roster lackluster.

So where is crash the early mascot of the playstation era that helped shape the ps1 and is still considered a ps character even though he went third party, where is the final fantasy character which has been a big ps title until 13, where is snake who also meant a lot to the system and even had his latest game exclusive to the ps3? The psycic in me see's future post saying that the company are asking to much money for the characters, which is a lousy defence since sony is a big company and can afford those characters, Paul gale said it best on his blog
"And one other thing…there should honestly be no reason why PlayStation’s first mascot, regardless of where he’s at nowadays, doesn’t make the game. I mean, unless Crash Bandicoot was sold by Activision to Nintendo, he should be in PSASBR in my opinion. And money is no excuse, either. Sony lost $4 billion between Fall ’06 and Fall ’09 because of the PlayStation 3 and they’re still around, doing just fine. So “if” Activision wanted say…a whopping $1 million, are you telling me that Sony wouldn’t buy him for SuperBot’s game? Obviously, if a company wouldn’t “allow” their character to intermingle with other 3rd party characters or be a “fighter”, that’s one thing, but if it was simply a matter of money…to me, Sony’s pockets are deep enough that they more likely than not “could” have made it happen."

Another argument I see coming is that this is there first game and they want to see how it does before spending there money. Well this is supposly a game the want to turn into a big franshise and if there not willing to gamble and believe in there project why the hell should a potential buyer of the game believe in it when the company making it does not? For the last point I see two members of the forum telling that I am ungrateful and should be happy with what I got and my response to that is is that I have expectation's for a game that was pitched to me as a celebration of ps history  and that I have to put down 60 bucks of my cash that could have went to something else you bet I want this to live up to the hype they gave us in the begining.

The third party cast is what screams advertisment for this game. I won't say anything about dante since it was said capcom had the final say in what they picked and dmc is defintly one of the only three third party choosen that made sence. Look at raiden don't get me wrong I love raiden he is an awsome character but him over snake is bland advertisment for revergence, and there is no way that a game about the celebration of ps history should have him over snake and I am not even going the route of snake being in brawl theory because that's just ludicres. Any body that knows me knows I am the biggest bioshock fan there is and love the fact big daddy is included, but I will admit that he does not deserve inclusion over the big three mentioned in the article. It was cool of superbot to have a out of left field character no one expected but make sure you have the characters that are highly demanded first.

I still have some hopes that the final four will be added by day 1 dlc like was rumored, but have a strange feeling that if there in they will be the dlc announced at the vga's and it will be jan before we get the game we should have got day 1 the ball was dropped somewhere but where is the question, and that's not even going into the fact that they revealed all the characters 3 months before the game comes out wth?
Some point at the gameplay and say it's enough reasion to buy, which I do say is no short of fun, but the point is the gameplay is not what sells this game the roster does and I hope this article becomes moot when the game realeases.well I Hope we get surpised and I have not fully given up hope that omar is tricking us with words,

"And money is no excuse, either. Sony lost $4 billion between Fall ’06 and Fall ’09 because of the PlayStation 3 and they’re still around, doing just fine. So “if” Activision wanted say…a whopping $1 million, are you telling me that Sony wouldn’t buy him for SuperBot’s game? Obviously, if a company wouldn’t “allow” their character to intermingle with other 3rd party characters or be a “fighter”, that’s one thing, but if it was simply a matter of money…to me, Sony’s pockets are deep enough that they more likely than not “could” have made it happen.""

i almost stopped reading there... i swear that that has to be the most retarded reasoning i've seen all week...

at this point in time no sony is not a big and rich company...

as you yourself stated they are having major losses and are downsizing rapidly

First off this is a quote on paul gale not what I said but it's 100 percent correct. You have to spend some to get some and if they want this game to be big like intended they got to be willing to spend the money.

" What we ended up getting though is more of an advertisment then what was originaly pitched to us at the begining."

again thats retarded that point can be argued for what? 3 characters of 20?

yes and those three characters are the characters they choose to spend money to get, the other characters where 1st part and auto includes, the 3 third party's shows who they actually choose to go after

"that I have to put down 60 bucks of my cash that could have went to something"

you absolutely do not have to... no one is forcing you... should you not feel satisfied with what this game is offering spend your money elsewhere

I am getting the game I believe I even said that in the aritcle, but to say this wont hurt the sales and reviews you would be mistaken.

finally i'll say again that the characters are not under sony's control and its not hard to unerstand why they aren't in

however should anyone not find the game worthy of purchase by all means don't buy it

and again i must express my shock that a roster with jak, rachet, sly, kratos, sweet tooth, sir, dan, heihachi, drake etc isn't celebrating playstation history

seems like all you can do is call names and insults instead of having a legimite discussion,  my post was reasionable and I expect your reply to be as well. reply's in bold

Photobucket
Message 85 of 85 (46 Views)
0 Likes