Sackboy
460 posts

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

That's kinda a petty issue to pick. And how do "No Comments" mislead you? SuperBot generally said that (especially when asked if certain characters made it in) because they couldn't make a comment. They've been in negotions to get many characters / had hopes to obtain. Vague comments were clearly given because they didn't want to tell  us no, because they were possibly going to have them in the game, but they didn't want to say yes because they didn't know if they could get them.

Message 51 of 85 (167 Views)
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 22, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

20 characters isn't low. That's a great amount of characters. Stop being a spoiled self-entitled gamer. There are dozens of fantastic fighting games with less than 20 characters. And how is comparing the first title in a fighting game series to the third entry in a series fair? Brawl has almost 40 characters because they had been developing the cast for over ten years. Having a huge cast means nothing if they are clones / dopplegangers of characters in the game already (half the cast of Brawl). So far Allstars has 20 completely different characters, heck even the two Coles are incredibly different.

Why would they be sells outs? Any character from the Metal Gear series is better than none and what if the deal Konami asked was to have Raiden as the on-disc character and Solid Snake would be available after the games release as DLC? Would that suddenly make Superbot stupid because they chose to have Raiden first and Snake later instead of never having Snake? Raiden is still a big and popular character in the Playstation brand. It's not like he's a complete nobody. Again he did have the main role in the best selling Metal Gear Solid title and has his own spin-off game coming out.

I'm not saying you didn't but it's a stupid point to bring up. We'll probably never know the details so why even bother discussing it. Superbot wouldn't talk bad on Activision or any other developer anyway so any kinda hoops they make them jump through will probably never see the light of day.

It's a matter of perception. Whether you think it's "self-entitled" or not, and it very well may be, it feels odd to me to play a PS3 game with 20 characters when I played a similar game on the Wii with something like 35-38. The "it's the first game in the series" argument is certainly a valid one, but when this game comes out, most people won't be thinking that way, they'll compare it to Brawl, most likely, and it's no secret that Brawl has a lot more content than this game. Even if you were to argue that Brawl was unbalanced (which is true) Melee still has more characters, and way more stages than PASBR, and there are no major balamce issues or anything like that with any of 'em.

It's still undeniable that Snake is the icon of that series. Just like Big Daddy is for BioShock, despite the fact that he's not in the new game. Look at the big picture, no one casually buying this game is going to care about the woes SuperBot went through with rights in this game, they're going to look at Raiden, see no Snake, and probably laugh or become puzzled. The majority, anyway.

Saying that we'll "never know" isn't true. If SuperBot didn't fight for Crash, I'm sure Activision wouldn't hesitate to clear their name. If that were to happen, I would be disappointed. Not a stupid point at all.

EDIT: I said that "20 characters is low" Not sovietprince. He just said that the choices were poor.

I stopped reading at Brawl having more content. Says who? This game already has minions (which effect gameplay), unlockable costumes, a progression system which unlocks even more stuff and that is just what we know... There is still the story mode and modes completely unknown to us. So you're definition of more content is based on what exactly? Since we know almost nothing about this game other than the stages and characters.

And why is 20 characters low? Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, Skullgirls... Three fighting games (incredibly well recieved) all had far less than 20 characters. It has nothing to do with selection as it has to do with making the characters different and stand out from other ones.

And you're lack of "Snake" comment is laughable. I can counter it by saying that hardly a couple million gamers are dedicated to the Metal Gear series, this game isn't dedicated to them. There is just a big of a chance of people looking at the game and going "Raiden? I loved Raiden in Metal Gear Solid." It's not like it has to be one or the other, you are allowed to like both characters. I love both Snake and Raiden, I'd take either over none and I'm excited to play as Raiden. Probably over half of the people buying this game probably don't give a crap about Snake. The Sony fanbase is huge, there are so many characters and genre's being represented. The lack of Snake isn't the end of the world.

I agree with this guy^. Raiden is a better choice in my opinion anyway. And content... this game has plenty of it. Theres unlockable Belts, costumes, minions, the Items, story mode, trials, online gameplay that doesnt suck (Brawl's sucked), and the rumored CTF mode, and more.

People need to realise that SONY simply can not get everyone we want in the game. Blame the characters IP holder, not Sony.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 52 of 85 (166 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Oct 22, 2012
they did not miss just one or even 2 characters that were highly demanded they missed all 4
Photobucket
Message 53 of 85 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Oct 22, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

20 characters isn't low. That's a great amount of characters. Stop being a spoiled self-entitled gamer. There are dozens of fantastic fighting games with less than 20 characters. And how is comparing the first title in a fighting game series to the third entry in a series fair? Brawl has almost 40 characters because they had been developing the cast for over ten years. Having a huge cast means nothing if they are clones / dopplegangers of characters in the game already (half the cast of Brawl). So far Allstars has 20 completely different characters, heck even the two Coles are incredibly different.

Why would they be sells outs? Any character from the Metal Gear series is better than none and what if the deal Konami asked was to have Raiden as the on-disc character and Solid Snake would be available after the games release as DLC? Would that suddenly make Superbot stupid because they chose to have Raiden first and Snake later instead of never having Snake? Raiden is still a big and popular character in the Playstation brand. It's not like he's a complete nobody. Again he did have the main role in the best selling Metal Gear Solid title and has his own spin-off game coming out.

I'm not saying you didn't but it's a stupid point to bring up. We'll probably never know the details so why even bother discussing it. Superbot wouldn't talk bad on Activision or any other developer anyway so any kinda hoops they make them jump through will probably never see the light of day.

It's a matter of perception. Whether you think it's "self-entitled" or not, and it very well may be, it feels odd to me to play a PS3 game with 20 characters when I played a similar game on the Wii with something like 35-38. The "it's the first game in the series" argument is certainly a valid one, but when this game comes out, most people won't be thinking that way, they'll compare it to Brawl, most likely, and it's no secret that Brawl has a lot more content than this game. Even if you were to argue that Brawl was unbalanced (which is true) Melee still has more characters, and way more stages than PASBR, and there are no major balamce issues or anything like that with any of 'em.

It's still undeniable that Snake is the icon of that series. Just like Big Daddy is for BioShock, despite the fact that he's not in the new game. Look at the big picture, no one casually buying this game is going to care about the woes SuperBot went through with rights in this game, they're going to look at Raiden, see no Snake, and probably laugh or become puzzled. The majority, anyway.

Saying that we'll "never know" isn't true. If SuperBot didn't fight for Crash, I'm sure Activision wouldn't hesitate to clear their name. If that were to happen, I would be disappointed. Not a stupid point at all.

EDIT: I said that "20 characters is low" Not sovietprince. He just said that the choices were poor.

I stopped reading at Brawl having more content. Says who? This game already has minions (which effect gameplay), unlockable costumes, a progression system which unlocks even more stuff and that is just what we know... There is still the story mode and modes completely unknown to us. So you're definition of more content is based on what exactly? Since we know almost nothing about this game other than the stages and characters.

And why is 20 characters low? Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, Skullgirls... Three fighting games (incredibly well recieved) all had far less than 20 characters. It has nothing to do with selection as it has to do with making the characters different and stand out from other ones.

And you're lack of "Snake" comment is laughable. I can counter it by saying that hardly a couple million gamers are dedicated to the Metal Gear series, this game isn't dedicated to them. There is just a big of a chance of people looking at the game and going "Raiden? I loved Raiden in Metal Gear Solid." It's not like it has to be one or the other, you are allowed to like both characters. I love both Snake and Raiden, I'd take either over none and I'm excited to play as Raiden. Probably over half of the people buying this game probably don't give a crap about Snake. The Sony fanbase is huge, there are so many characters and genre's being represented. The lack of Snake isn't the end of the world.

Says me. There are far more characters and stages, if there's so much stuff in this game, where is it? This game is a month away, time to pull back the curtain if there's more content than Brawl. Because we would have to literally know about 30% of the game's content for this to match Brawl. Guess what, BlazBlue, P4A, and Skullgirls aren't make-or-break in terms of roster, this game is called PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS BATTLE ROYALE, if that doesn't scream, "set your expectations high, we have all the great PlayStation stars here!" Than I don't know what does. Also, seeing as you decided to skip over my point about Melee, should I just regard it as one you couldn't reply too? 

Snake is the icon of that series, believing anything else is what's laughable. I'm sure I'll use Raiden too, but he does not deserve this more than Snake. I have been laughed at for saying that Raiden is in this game. Y'know why? Because no one really wanted him prior to him getting in. 

Message 54 of 85 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2435 posts

Oct 22, 2012

sovietprince wrote:
they did not miss just one or even 2 characters that were highly demanded they missed all 4

Think about it, maybe the IP holders said no?

Message 55 of 85 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Oct 23, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I guess sarcasm just bounces off you.

Its the internet buddy. You have to go much more out the way than you did if you want to show sarcasm on the internet.

Message 56 of 85 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Oct 23, 2012

HyperStory wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Says me. There are far more characters and stages, if there's so much stuff in this game, where is it? This game is a month away, time to pull back the curtain if there's more content than Brawl. Because we would have to literally know about 30% of the game's content for this to match Brawl. Guess what, BlazBlue, P4A, and Skullgirls aren't make-or-break in terms of roster, this game is called PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS BATTLE ROYALE, if that doesn't scream, "set your expectations high, we have all the great PlayStation stars here!" Than I don't know what does. Also, seeing as you decided to skip over my point about Melee, should I just regard it as one you couldn't reply too? 

Snake is the icon of that series, believing anything else is what's laughable. I'm sure I'll use Raiden too, but he does not deserve this more than Snake. I have been laughed at for saying that Raiden is in this game. Y'know why? Because no one really wanted him prior to him getting in. 

And you're completely wrong. Again Brawl has had three games and ten years of development time to have such a large roster of characters and stages. Brawl only added 14 characters to the game. Half of which were clones of characters already in the game. Stages and characters though do not make up for the only way to have content. As stated there is going to be a story mode, unlockable costumes, titles, minions, items, and lots of other stuff that Superbot has been keeping close to it's heart. And just because you are butt hurt that some of your favorite characters didn't make it doesn't mean that Allstars i lacking in any degree. Ratchet, Jak, Sly Cooper, Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Drake, Sir Dan, Dante, Spike... There are a lot of huge characters. Are they all? No. So what? They aren't going to get every major wanted character in the game right off the bat.

And you're opinion does not equal fact. There are lots of people that want Raiden and are glad he is in the game. I'm one of them.

Message 57 of 85 (129 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Oct 23, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

sovietprince wrote:

Crash Bandicoot craves to be in the 1996th game

Activision kept saying no. One fan (let's say an example such as someone in this forum) decided to do something different. And that was then they finally released him in the 1996th sequel of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 58 of 85 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2435 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Wesley37 wrote:

RedLegend14 wrote:

sovietprince wrote:

Crash Bandicoot craves to be in the 1996th game

Activision kept saying no. One fan (let's say an example such as someone in this forum) decided to do something different. And that was then they finally released him in the 1996th sequel of Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Maybe...*sniff*...maybe.

Message 59 of 85 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Oct 23, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

And you're completely wrong. Again Brawl has had three games and ten years of development time to have such a large roster of characters and stages. Brawl only added 14 characters to the game. Half of which were clones of characters already in the game. Stages and characters though do not make up for the only way to have content. As stated there is going to be a story mode, unlockable costumes, titles, minions, items, and lots of other stuff that Superbot has been keeping close to it's heart. And just because you are butt hurt that some of your favorite characters didn't make it doesn't mean that Allstars i lacking in any degree.

Care to describe what "titles" are? How about the number of costumes? No?

BTW, I am butt-hurt about nothing, I was fully prepared at the beginning for Crash and Snake and Cloud to be excluded. Get this, they've since become the most requested characters. They should be in.

Honestly, this is a stupid argument to begin with. I expressed an opinion, and your too much of a child to let it go. You don't like what Ithink, whatever, I shouldn't have to defend my thoughts so adamently, I've let it be known quite clear what I think, we're doing nothing but arguing completely subjective things at this point.

Message 60 of 85 (106 Views)
0 Likes