Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/06/2012
Offline
233 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

this is one opf the reason this game is going to do VERY BAD


Yea because the game didnt have a few characters you wanted so that automatically makes the game bad?  God ******ing idiots these days.

Message 41 of 85 (148 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/08/2012
Offline
1197 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Oh I'm sorry let me amend it then....

Crash, Cloud & Snake aren't in - the roster sucks, making the game suck, but I'll bs about marketing and the games appeal as if I give a d*** when I really just can't get over the fact that my favourite characters didnt make it in....the game is fun though, but that's not enough obviously.

did I ever say the game sucks? I said the ROSTER sucks learn to read. Many people are either getting this game because of the roster not the gameplay as good as it is. You see how many people compare this to smash and if the roster don't appeal they just stick with smash.

 

Photobucket
Message 42 of 85 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
2431 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

this is one opf the reason this game is going to do VERY BAD. And to add insult to injury, alot of these cahracters are in because they are in for advertising. ALOT of them.


The only advertisements I see in this game are Dante, Raiden and Big Daddy.Smiley Indifferent

Message 43 of 85 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/08/2012
Offline
1197 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

I would not include dante but you just listed the entirty of the third party roster

Photobucket
Message 44 of 85 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
460 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

sovietprince wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

20 characters is low? Quantity does not mean quality. I would rather have 20 solid well balanced characters over 40+ horrible ones. The more characters the harder it is to make a good a balanced game. People don't seem to forget that lots of fighting games start with a small cast and very few have over 20 characters in general. Super Smash stated with like 12 characters. You know how huge of a libary of games Nintendo had to pull from?

 

Why doesn't Raiden deserve to be in the game? He was the main character of MGS2 (the best selling Metal Gear Solid titles in the series). Solid Snake has really only been in three Metal Gear Solid titles on the Playstation and playable in two. Technically Raiden has been in the series almost as much as Solid Snake. Anyone who complains the Raiden doesn't deserve to be in the game is a stupid fanboy. Over Snake? No, but to say he doesn't deserve to be in it at all is stupid. And again this is up to Konami, not SuperBot or Sony. If Konami doesn't want to put Solid Snake in the game then he won't be in it.

 

And once again you have ZERO idea how hard they faught for Crash or any information on the process. This isn't Superbots decision and if Activision made it too difficult or had conditions that would hinder the development of the entire game then they made the right choice. 


no if you read my article 20 character is not low, but when it's missing all the main wanted characters that have a strong presence in sony history it lowers the quality of the roster

 


And yet you open with the line "20 character is low."? Why not open with saying just that and... That said your point is entirely subjective. Twisted Metal, Metal Gear, Uncharted, Sly, Ratchet, Jak, Killzone, and so on... There are dozens of great characters that have had a huge impact in both sales and reviews and ontop of that a big fan following. The cast is fine. It will never be perfect but it's still great.

Message 45 of 85 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/13/2009
Offline
644 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

20 characters isn't low. That's a great amount of characters. Stop being a spoiled self-entitled gamer. There are dozens of fantastic fighting games with less than 20 characters. And how is comparing the first title in a fighting game series to the third entry in a series fair? Brawl has almost 40 characters because they had been developing the cast for over ten years. Having a huge cast means nothing if they are clones / dopplegangers of characters in the game already (half the cast of Brawl). So far Allstars has 20 completely different characters, heck even the two Coles are incredibly different.

 

Why would they be sells outs? Any character from the Metal Gear series is better than none and what if the deal Konami asked was to have Raiden as the on-disc character and Solid Snake would be available after the games release as DLC? Would that suddenly make Superbot stupid because they chose to have Raiden first and Snake later instead of never having Snake? Raiden is still a big and popular character in the Playstation brand. It's not like he's a complete nobody. Again he did have the main role in the best selling Metal Gear Solid title and has his own spin-off game coming out.

 

I'm not saying you didn't but it's a stupid point to bring up. We'll probably never know the details so why even bother discussing it. Superbot wouldn't talk bad on Activision or any other developer anyway so any kinda hoops they make them jump through will probably never see the light of day.


It's a matter of perception. Whether you think it's "self-entitled" or not, and it very well may be, it feels odd to me to play a PS3 game with 20 characters when I played a similar game on the Wii with something like 35-38. The "it's the first game in the series" argument is certainly a valid one, but when this game comes out, most people won't be thinking that way, they'll compare it to Brawl, most likely, and it's no secret that Brawl has a lot more content than this game. Even if you were to argue that Brawl was unbalanced (which is true) Melee still has more characters, and way more stages than PASBR, and there are no major balamce issues or anything like that with any of 'em.

It's still undeniable that Snake is the icon of that series. Just like Big Daddy is for BioShock, despite the fact that he's not in the new game. Look at the big picture, no one casually buying this game is going to care about the woes SuperBot went through with rights in this game, they're going to look at Raiden, see no Snake, and probably laugh or become puzzled. The majority, anyway.

Saying that we'll "never know" isn't true. If SuperBot didn't fight for Crash, I'm sure Activision wouldn't hesitate to clear their name. If that were to happen, I would be disappointed. Not a stupid point at all.

EDIT: I said that "20 characters is low" Not sovietprince. He just said that the choices were poor.

Message 46 of 85 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
764 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012
Sony is in huge debt. So I wouldnt say they could afford the characters. Sony Santa Monica/SuperBot and the characters IP holder get the games characters, Sony has very little/nothing to do with it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 47 of 85 (106 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
460 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

HyperStory wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

20 characters isn't low. That's a great amount of characters. Stop being a spoiled self-entitled gamer. There are dozens of fantastic fighting games with less than 20 characters. And how is comparing the first title in a fighting game series to the third entry in a series fair? Brawl has almost 40 characters because they had been developing the cast for over ten years. Having a huge cast means nothing if they are clones / dopplegangers of characters in the game already (half the cast of Brawl). So far Allstars has 20 completely different characters, heck even the two Coles are incredibly different.

 

Why would they be sells outs? Any character from the Metal Gear series is better than none and what if the deal Konami asked was to have Raiden as the on-disc character and Solid Snake would be available after the games release as DLC? Would that suddenly make Superbot stupid because they chose to have Raiden first and Snake later instead of never having Snake? Raiden is still a big and popular character in the Playstation brand. It's not like he's a complete nobody. Again he did have the main role in the best selling Metal Gear Solid title and has his own spin-off game coming out.

 

I'm not saying you didn't but it's a stupid point to bring up. We'll probably never know the details so why even bother discussing it. Superbot wouldn't talk bad on Activision or any other developer anyway so any kinda hoops they make them jump through will probably never see the light of day.


It's a matter of perception. Whether you think it's "self-entitled" or not, and it very well may be, it feels odd to me to play a PS3 game with 20 characters when I played a similar game on the Wii with something like 35-38. The "it's the first game in the series" argument is certainly a valid one, but when this game comes out, most people won't be thinking that way, they'll compare it to Brawl, most likely, and it's no secret that Brawl has a lot more content than this game. Even if you were to argue that Brawl was unbalanced (which is true) Melee still has more characters, and way more stages than PASBR, and there are no major balamce issues or anything like that with any of 'em.

It's still undeniable that Snake is the icon of that series. Just like Big Daddy is for BioShock, despite the fact that he's not in the new game. Look at the big picture, no one casually buying this game is going to care about the woes SuperBot went through with rights in this game, they're going to look at Raiden, see no Snake, and probably laugh or become puzzled. The majority, anyway.

Saying that we'll "never know" isn't true. If SuperBot didn't fight for Crash, I'm sure Activision wouldn't hesitate to clear their name. If that were to happen, I would be disappointed. Not a stupid point at all.

EDIT: I said that "20 characters is low" Not sovietprince. He just said that the choices were poor.


I stopped reading at Brawl having more content. Says who? This game already has minions (which effect gameplay), unlockable costumes, a progression system which unlocks even more stuff and that is just what we know... There is still the story mode and modes completely unknown to us. So you're definition of more content is based on what exactly? Since we know almost nothing about this game other than the stages and characters.

 

And why is 20 characters low? Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, Skullgirls... Three fighting games (incredibly well recieved) all had far less than 20 characters. It has nothing to do with selection as it has to do with making the characters different and stand out from other ones.

 

And you're lack of "Snake" comment is laughable. I can counter it by saying that hardly a couple million gamers are dedicated to the Metal Gear series, this game isn't dedicated to them. There is just a big of a chance of people looking at the game and going "Raiden? I loved Raiden in Metal Gear Solid." It's not like it has to be one or the other, you are allowed to like both characters. I love both Snake and Raiden, I'd take either over none and I'm excited to play as Raiden. Probably over half of the people buying this game probably don't give a crap about Snake. The Sony fanbase is huge, there are so many characters and genre's being represented. The lack of Snake isn't the end of the world.

Message 48 of 85 (106 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
460 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

sovietprince wrote:

I would not include dante but you just listed the entirty of the third party roster


Big Daddy is about the only "major" third party character. Raiden is from Metal Gear a pretty Sony exclusive series minus a few exceptions. Devil May Cry was also Sony exclusive with DMC1-3, which started the series, until recently becoming multiplatformed with 4 and the re-releases on the Xbox.

Message 49 of 85 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1582 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012
If this is the final roster, that is fine with me. I personally love this roster. However, what bothers me is how SuperBot led us on. There are so many examples of this, but I will just list a few that stick out in my mind:
1. "More characters than you would expect"- Really? I don't think anyone was expecting less than 20.
2. "No comment"/"Stay tuned"

I don't even feel like doing the rest
Message 50 of 85 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes