Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5661 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012
I liked your reply wobbleSPLAT.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 85 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/04/2008
Offline
460 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

HyperStory wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

20 characters is low? Quantity does not mean quality. I would rather have 20 solid well balanced characters over 40+ horrible ones. The more characters the harder it is to make a good a balanced game. People don't seem to forget that lots of fighting games start with a small cast and very few have over 20 characters in general. Super Smash stated with like 12 characters. You know how huge of a libary of games Nintendo had to pull from?

 

Why doesn't Raiden deserve to be in the game? He was the main character of MGS2 (the best selling Metal Gear Solid titles in the series). Solid Snake has really only been in three Metal Gear Solid titles on the Playstation and playable in two. Technically Raiden has been in the series almost as much as Solid Snake. Anyone who complains the Raiden doesn't deserve to be in the game is a stupid fanboy. Over Snake? No, but to say he doesn't deserve to be in it at all is stupid. And again this is up to Konami, not SuperBot or Sony. If Konami doesn't want to put Solid Snake in the game then he won't be in it.

 

And once again you have ZERO idea how hard they faught for Crash or any information on the process. This isn't Superbots decision and if Activision made it too difficult or had conditions that would hinder the development of the entire game then they made the right choice. 


Yes, 20 characters is low. People need to stop making the Smash Bros comparison, that was an N64 game. You want a real Smash Bros comparison? How about Brawl? A game that had almost 40 characters. Don't get me wrong, I don't want 40 characters in this game, but a number like, I dunno, 27 sounds reasonable, does it not? Find me anyone on any Internet forum anywhere where someone was satisfied with 20 prior to the leak. Hint: It will be very, very, hard, because most were expecting at least in the high twenties.

You said it yourself, Raiden should not be in over Snake. I'd be okay with Raiden if he was a package-deal with Snake. But if SuperBot walked into Konami looking for Snake and came out with just Raiden, well, that's what I call "selling-out."

When did I say I knew how hard they fought? I just said they should have fought hard, and that if they didn't, I'd be disappointed. It was a very theoretical statement, so either you didn't comprehend what I said or your arguing for the sake of arguing.


20 characters isn't low. That's a great amount of characters. Stop being a spoiled self-entitled gamer. There are dozens of fantastic fighting games with less than 20 characters. And how is comparing the first title in a fighting game series to the third entry in a series fair? Brawl has almost 40 characters because they had been developing the cast for over ten years. Having a huge cast means nothing if they are clones / dopplegangers of characters in the game already (half the cast of Brawl). So far Allstars has 20 completely different characters, heck even the two Coles are incredibly different.

 

Why would they be sells outs? Any character from the Metal Gear series is better than none and what if the deal Konami asked was to have Raiden as the on-disc character and Solid Snake would be available after the games release as DLC? Would that suddenly make Superbot stupid because they chose to have Raiden first and Snake later instead of never having Snake? Raiden is still a big and popular character in the Playstation brand. It's not like he's a complete nobody. Again he did have the main role in the best selling Metal Gear Solid title and has his own spin-off game coming out.

 

I'm not saying you didn't but it's a stupid point to bring up. We'll probably never know the details so why even bother discussing it. Superbot wouldn't talk bad on Activision or any other developer anyway so any kinda hoops they make them jump through will probably never see the light of day.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 85 (147 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/08/2012
Offline
1197 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Ok...Crash isn't in - the game sucks.

apparently you did not read or don't understand what u read because this is not just about crash.

 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 85 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/08/2012
Offline
1197 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

20 characters is low? Quantity does not mean quality. I would rather have 20 solid well balanced characters over 40+ horrible ones. The more characters the harder it is to make a good a balanced game. People don't seem to forget that lots of fighting games start with a small cast and very few have over 20 characters in general. Super Smash stated with like 12 characters. You know how huge of a libary of games Nintendo had to pull from?

 

Why doesn't Raiden deserve to be in the game? He was the main character of MGS2 (the best selling Metal Gear Solid titles in the series). Solid Snake has really only been in three Metal Gear Solid titles on the Playstation and playable in two. Technically Raiden has been in the series almost as much as Solid Snake. Anyone who complains the Raiden doesn't deserve to be in the game is a stupid fanboy. Over Snake? No, but to say he doesn't deserve to be in it at all is stupid. And again this is up to Konami, not SuperBot or Sony. If Konami doesn't want to put Solid Snake in the game then he won't be in it.

 

And once again you have ZERO idea how hard they faught for Crash or any information on the process. This isn't Superbots decision and if Activision made it too difficult or had conditions that would hinder the development of the entire game then they made the right choice. 


no if you read my article 20 character is not low, but when it's missing all the main wanted characters that have a strong presence in sony history it lowers the quality of the roster

 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 85 (129 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Online
2319 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

HyperStory wrote:

Yes, 20 characters is low. People need to stop making the Smash Bros comparison, that was an N64 game. You want a real Smash Bros comparison? How about Brawl? A game that had almost 40 characters. Don't get me wrong, I don't want 40 characters in this game, but a number like, I dunno, 27 sounds reasonable, does it not? Find me anyone on any Internet forum anywhere where someone was satisfied with 20 prior to the leak. Hint: It will be very, very, hard, because most were expecting at least in the high twenties.

You said it yourself, Raiden should not be in over Snake. I'd be okay with Raiden if he was a package-deal with Snake. But if SuperBot walked into Konami looking for Snake and came out with just Raiden, well, that's what I call "selling-out."

When did I say I knew how hard they fought? I just said they should have fought hard, and that if they didn't, I'd be disappointed. It was a very theoretical statement, so either you didn't comprehend what I said or your arguing for the sake of arguing.


Brawl's roster is an example of quantity over quality.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 85 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/25/2011
Online
2319 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

sovietprince wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

20 characters is low? Quantity does not mean quality. I would rather have 20 solid well balanced characters over 40+ horrible ones. The more characters the harder it is to make a good a balanced game. People don't seem to forget that lots of fighting games start with a small cast and very few have over 20 characters in general. Super Smash stated with like 12 characters. You know how huge of a libary of games Nintendo had to pull from?

 

Why doesn't Raiden deserve to be in the game? He was the main character of MGS2 (the best selling Metal Gear Solid titles in the series). Solid Snake has really only been in three Metal Gear Solid titles on the Playstation and playable in two. Technically Raiden has been in the series almost as much as Solid Snake. Anyone who complains the Raiden doesn't deserve to be in the game is a stupid fanboy. Over Snake? No, but to say he doesn't deserve to be in it at all is stupid. And again this is up to Konami, not SuperBot or Sony. If Konami doesn't want to put Solid Snake in the game then he won't be in it.

 

And once again you have ZERO idea how hard they faught for Crash or any information on the process. This isn't Superbots decision and if Activision made it too difficult or had conditions that would hinder the development of the entire game then they made the right choice. 


no if you read my article 20 character is not low, but when it's missing all the main wanted characters that have a strong presence in sony history it lowers the quality of the roster

 


It takes two to tango. Deal with it.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 85 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/10/2011
Offline
5661 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012
Oh I'm sorry let me amend it then....

Crash, Cloud & Snake aren't in - the roster sucks, making the game suck, but I'll bs about marketing and the games appeal as if I give a d*** when I really just can't get over the fact that my favourite characters didnt make it in....the game is fun though, but that's not enough obviously.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 85 (113 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/22/2009
Offline
949 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

this is one opf the reason this game is going to do VERY BAD. And to add insult to injury, alot of these cahracters are in because they are in for advertising. ALOT of them.

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 85 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/08/2012
Offline
1197 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

please stop kissing superbots a$$ people they dropped the ball with the roster, plain and simple if this is what we get. Deal with it? ok I am getting the game but you know how a lot of people will DEAL WITH IT? they wont buy the game


RedLegend14 wrote:

sovietprince wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:

20 characters is low? Quantity does not mean quality. I would rather have 20 solid well balanced characters over 40+ horrible ones. The more characters the harder it is to make a good a balanced game. People don't seem to forget that lots of fighting games start with a small cast and very few have over 20 characters in general. Super Smash stated with like 12 characters. You know how huge of a libary of games Nintendo had to pull from?

 

Why doesn't Raiden deserve to be in the game? He was the main character of MGS2 (the best selling Metal Gear Solid titles in the series). Solid Snake has really only been in three Metal Gear Solid titles on the Playstation and playable in two. Technically Raiden has been in the series almost as much as Solid Snake. Anyone who complains the Raiden doesn't deserve to be in the game is a stupid fanboy. Over Snake? No, but to say he doesn't deserve to be in it at all is stupid. And again this is up to Konami, not SuperBot or Sony. If Konami doesn't want to put Solid Snake in the game then he won't be in it.

 

And once again you have ZERO idea how hard they faught for Crash or any information on the process. This isn't Superbots decision and if Activision made it too difficult or had conditions that would hinder the development of the entire game then they made the right choice. 


no if you read my article 20 character is not low, but when it's missing all the main wanted characters that have a strong presence in sony history it lowers the quality of the roster

 


It takes two to tango. Deal with it.


 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 85 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
1145 posts
 

Re: if 20 is in fact it

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

HyperStory wrote:

Yes, 20 characters is low. People need to stop making the Smash Bros comparison, that was an N64 game. You want a real Smash Bros comparison? How about Brawl? A game that had almost 40 characters. Don't get me wrong, I don't want 40 characters in this game, but a number like, I dunno, 27 sounds reasonable, does it not? Find me anyone on any Internet forum anywhere where someone was satisfied with 20 prior to the leak. Hint: It will be very, very, hard, because most were expecting at least in the high twenties.

You said it yourself, Raiden should not be in over Snake. I'd be okay with Raiden if he was a package-deal with Snake. But if SuperBot walked into Konami looking for Snake and came out with just Raiden, well, that's what I call "selling-out."

When did I say I knew how hard they fought? I just said they should have fought hard, and that if they didn't, I'd be disappointed. It was a very theoretical statement, so either you didn't comprehend what I said or your arguing for the sake of arguing.


Brawl's roster is an example of quantity over quality.


thats for sure, 20 is a fine number, and i am 85 percent sure, that with or without dlc we will get more of the *better suited allstarts*

Giving out time to balance stuff and include more characters step by step to get the balance right is sure a good move.

 

There is no way companys will turn back from PSASBR, becouse its a really good made game, . .  so far.

And the marketing works more and more, hell, many of us are sitting here since april. .

 

EDIT: Could we get the bad sarkasmus out of this thread, ppl believe this crap, lol

 

 


Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 85 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes