Message 11 of 85 (229 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Re: if 20 is in fact it

Oct 22, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Ok...Crash isn't in - the game sucks.

So... Crash's inclusion is the only thing that defines the quality of a video game? Got it. Airtight logic there.

Message 12 of 85 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 22, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Ok...Crash isn't in - the game sucks.

That's not what he's saying. He never said the game sucks. He just said that the game FAILS when he tries to be a rapresentation of Playstation's history. Which is completely, undeniably, absolutely TRUE.

Message 13 of 85 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 22, 2012
I guess sarcasm just bounces off you.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 14 of 85 (216 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:
There seems to be this misconception that Allstars is a celebration of Playstation's past, it isn't. It's been stated it is a celebration of the past, PRESENT AND FUTURE.

Superbot does not have final say of who gets in this game. They can try but that is it. It is up to the developers as to who gets into the game, what they look like and, to some degree, even how they perform.

Sucker Punch wanted two Coles in the game (or no Cole at all it seems) in order to stress how Cole didn't have a preset notion of Good or Evil, he was both. It's not hard to believe that both Capcom and Konami pushed the use of Raiden and the new Dante in order to promote their new games.

You can't please everyone, Allstars has a pretty solid cast and what we get is what we get.

i need to agree on that. But considering how well things go for superbot at the moment with the hype, andif you watched carefully the time from april to now, many hater comments shutted down.

Apparantly everyone checked by now that this game will be aboth average, and the characters itself are treatet very well into the game. So anyone who was considerd like crash etc. . ., ppl or companys will think twice about this advertising.

At the moment, i cant think of any argument against it to dont let a character to be in the game.

Even if they have their own ideas of the character to be represented into a game, PSASBR is one of the easiest ways to represent them with free advertising. I mean, having ur characters stand beside big daddy cole, dante. . . heihachi, its all prestige and will only get positive feedback. Correct me if i am wrong, and tell me arguments against it.

Even if the Launch roster is full, dlc will surely make the cut, and we will see more and more high class champs.

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 15 of 85 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
646 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Say what you will, but I agree with sovietprince.

- 20 is a low number. I remember expecting around 32 when the game was announced, but also remember being OK with mid-twenties if they got a big stage number. 14 for stages isn't impressive either.
- I'd hate to say it, but despite Raiden being a cool character, he doesn't belong anywhere near this game. Whenever I tell a friend (who's in to video games) that Raiden is in it, but Snake isn't, I get laughed at. They think I'm joking. Cue deadpan looks when I tell them I'm not.
- Crash not being in the game is just short of embarrassing, I've said it before, but if SuperBot did not fight until their final breath when it came to Crash, I will be disappointed in them. Crash should've been the first character they went for, and he shouldv'e been fought for the hardest. End of story.

I still follow this game because I think the gameplay is genius, and I think SuperBot have done a great job with what they have, but I think the content we've seen so far isn't quite enough for $60 game, and this roster so far is almost joke worthy.

Message 16 of 85 (205 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 22, 2012
I personally cannot wait for the game. It is so much fun! And there is tons of content.

Anyway, as you said, 20 characters is fine. They are all great, unique, and balanced and polished, unlike most fighting games. Where is crash? Well obviously sb knows we want crash and did everything they could to get him. However they couldn't, which is a bummer of course but not their fault. It takes two to tango. And who knows how much it would have cost them. You can't assume 1 million, it could've been much more. This is super bots first game so obviously Sony is the one backing it with money and making the final decisions on costly characters. Maybe Activision just refused too, didn't even allow a money offer its always possible. All we know is SuperBot tried their hardest to get our favorite marsupial and even without him managed to make an awesome game.

Same goes for the other characters you mentioned. Raiden was probably not SuperBots decision. However Imo he fits in a fighting game much better than snake does. He's also a cyborg ninja, how cool is that! And ff maybe was the same situation as crash, we do not know. But either way, we are getting a great game next month.

About the advertisement part, yes there are obviously a few characters that were put in as advertisements but that was beyond sb control as I said earlier. And because of it, this game will not be outdated for a long, long time which is never a bad thing. These advertisement characters didn't replace the big three either, it's not like they are in so crash and spyro and cloud therefore cannot be. It just doesn't work like that.

And yes, roster is what sells this game, you are correct. That's fine though, the roster is missing a couple fan favorite but it has 20 others that are all great. Characters like sackboy, Drake, sly, kratos, parappa, spike, and ratchet are sure to attract gamers to this game. And the game play is what will keep us with it.

That is all, hope you read it!

Message 17 of 85 (203 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

Oct 22, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

HeathenAmerico wrote:
There seems to be this misconception that Allstars is a celebration of Playstation's past, it isn't. It's been stated it is a celebration of the past, PRESENT AND FUTURE.

Lol again with this **bleep**? You people really believe this makes sense?

Why doesn't it make sense? The game isn't about the classic big name Sony characters from the past, it's about Sony as a whole. Nathan Drake is a huge iconic in Playstation's present history. Do I agree with everyone in the game so far? No. But that's a fighting game. As long as they've got a few characters you want they've won. They aren't trying to win over a single gamer and cater the game to his desires, they are doing it for everyone. Every character in this game has a big fan base that supports his or her inclusion.

They can't please everyone, they can't put every character they want in this game, get over it.

Message 18 of 85 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 22, 2012
By the way, my comment was a direct reply to the op but all you guys posted in the time it took to type it. So just pretend it's a reply =)

Message 19 of 85 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 22, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

no RPG rep yet when superbot responded to counltess emails saying one was coming back in the day.

Right? Look at the rpg titles that Sony owns, theres lots of them, one would of suffice. Wild Arms, Dark Cloud series, Okage, The Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia, Rogue Galaxy, Folklore, Jeanne D'Arc, White Knight Chronicles.. How can all of thoses developers not agree to be part of this game? Hopefully they see that they made a mistake.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 20 of 85 (177 Views)
0 Likes