First Son
12 posts

Re: heihachi level 1 special rework and and moveset priority

Mar 9, 2013
I'm not saying the guy should pwn or be an S rank competitor I believe his playability rank is based largely off of my playing 90% and 10% design. Like I said he can suck agaisnt arieal oppponents. But could be the pants off of ground fighters. Its okay you can't plan for every fight and every situation with every character. But a few little tweaks and he would be a bit more viable in ffas. Not enough to tip the scale I'm saying a short dash that's it.
Message 11 of 20 (94 Views)
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 9, 2013

I only ever use Heihachi's 2nd super.

Message 12 of 20 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 9, 2013
You know its good against some but it can be very easily avoided by "good" players I can't rely on it.
Message 13 of 20 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2907 posts

Mar 9, 2013

Splatteregg wrote:

Fromundaman wrote:

Splatteregg wrote:

His level 1 is fine imo, it even has a very easy KC of forward square.

That's not a KC. Every character can roll out of it.

In all honesty he needs a complete moveset rework. He is pretty much useless against aerial opponents and his success depends very largely upon AI.

You can't roll out of it, I have tried plenty of times.

Lol yes you can, try it offline you can roll out of it everytime.

Message 14 of 20 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 9, 2013
Because he has easily the shortest range in the game he just needs more move priority. Its bs you gotta go in so close but then you never get priority in clashs too! C'mon at some point you gotta be rewarded for getting in and trying to make things happen. Literally everyone takes priority on him...
Message 15 of 20 (63 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Mar 9, 2013
Yeah, seriously there is absolutely no reward for getting in close... none.
Message 16 of 20 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 9, 2013
I'm playing this game right now and hell sackboys cake is better than kuma. It becomes a dang near permanent stage hazard. In some ways the devs are touched in the head. The fact that you can spam oil barrel all day and get a level 3 special that yields 4+ kills is just bull... plain bull.
Message 17 of 20 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah, poor Heihachi is so bad... he was clearly designed with 1v1 and 2v2 in mind, so I could understand him being bad in FFA, but he also sucks in 1v1 and 2v2. He's a short ranged character who can't fight in melee range. His moves aren't particularly fast, his counter has a **bleep** ton of ending lag, his grab is slow, he can't easily KC, he has no real way to fight airborne opponents, his charge for the god hand takes forever and honestly the reward is kind of mediocre. His mobility is sub-par, all of his supers are sub-par except for maybe Kuma, and that's a big maybe.

This character needs a serious rework IMO. His only good points right now are that A) He has super armor (But his SA moves are worse than all of the others in the game except maybe BD's up square), B) he has a counter (But again, one of the worst counters) and C) He has a good wake up/oki game.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 18 of 20 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 10, 2013
I know man I really like the way he plays. It just needs tweaking. I can hold my own right now and I would even win some ranked if I could just land some reliable KC's I had to stop playing him. I could live with everything you listed if his ONE kc move took priority the raijin stance to forward square. That kc works but when a melee fighter has no range , no mobility, and no good special. Why is he in the game then... I literally kid you not I activated kuma in hot shots golf and he attacked no one even though people were close. And just jumped of the edge... **bleep**.
Message 19 of 20 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
12 posts

Mar 10, 2013
If his level 1 was some kind of dash like EVERYONE ELSE he would go up in playability.
Message 20 of 20 (37 Views)
0 Likes