Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 21 2012
By: bigGREENelephant First Son 29 posts

health bars/ damage ratio mode

9 replies 663 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

In my opinion this game desperatley needs a health bar or damage ratio mode with no specials. The gameplay and controls on this game are phenomenal, but my one and only problem is supers, i hated them and brawl and hate them just as much in this game. I hate supers because they help unskilled players win more easily and can change the game within a second, not to mention some characters supers are much more superior to others. I really think that if they added a mode with no supers the game would be more successful

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (663 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: health bars/ damage ratio mode

Mar 20, 2013
I like this idea but prefer a health mode with super 3 only :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Yes, this game's potential is wasted with only supers mode.

I don't understand why can't they make a health mode, they have the damage from the attacks.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Mar 20, 2013

The issue with this is that this game was not meant to be like any other fighter. If you really want health bars then play any other fighter that has them.

You have to treat this like any other genre. Do you really want all shooters to be like call of duty or all platformers to be like Mario?

In order to innovate, we must take leaps out of the norm and perfect wherever we land.

Enjoy what the game offers because of what it is and if you can't, you should know that there are other fighters.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (577 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Mar 20, 2013

My idea of a health bar for this game is attacks will all be the same, however, the meter you gain will be health that will be lost. you can kill with regular moves and supers will be instakills.

The LittleBigArtist
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (564 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2908 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Health bars seem like a cool idea until you remember that a Dante Combo would kill you by the time it's over.
[The YouTube Poser]

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Mar 20, 2013
One life bar could be as long as a super 2 meter to avoid that.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Game does not need a health or damage mode. The game is great as it is. If unskilled players are killing you with supers, then it is likely they are still gonna beat you in damage because they are buliding meter/getting more damge than you are.

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - gmoney0505
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8389 posts

Mar 20, 2013
The game wasn't designed with a health mode even in mind. It was based all around supers, which I thought was a great idea. A health mode would completely invalidate the super system.

And no, supers do not make it easier for unskilled players. Unless your playing with scrubs, people are getting way better at dodging supers.
 photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (85 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

Mar 20, 2013

bigGREENelephant wrote:

In my opinion this game desperatley needs a health bar or damage ratio mode with no specials. The gameplay and controls on this game are phenomenal, but my one and only problem is supers, i hated them and brawl and hate them just as much in this game. I hate supers because they help unskilled players win more easily and can change the game within a second, not to mention some characters supers are much more superior to others. I really think that if they added a mode with no supers the game would be more successful

As far as smash bros goes, if you let them get the smash ball, then they're not the ones who are less skilled...

But yeah, I'd like a health mode, but keep the supers, just have 'em be more damaging attacks, like Mortal Kombat or Injustice.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (82 Views)
0 Likes