Feb 03 2013
By: BIGPOPPA21089 I Only Post Everything 876 posts

has ranked really come to this?

17 replies 385 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

fat princess aerial minion spam to lvl 1 then confirm with the same spam

drake barrel to ak over and over

raiden aerial circle dash into ground dash into square bash or lvl 1

sly electric dash and counter spam to lvl 1 then instantly uses it whether or not it was even a good idea

kratos square bashing to lvl 3 with no attempt to link proper combos. even if he drops every one still gets the lvl 3 in less than 2 mins

evil cole/ cole spamming ranged moves then lvl 1, usually after ice or giga punch.

rachet (rarely but once in a while) triangle spam only to rage quit because it does not work

and on the topic of rage quitting everytime you dodge or dismiss someones lvl 2 with your own super, that player ragequits immediately.

At this point I ONLY play jak just because he seems to be the only character you cant just noob your way to victory with and plus aside from Drake he was always my #2. I refuse to ever use drake again as long as someone out there still thinks his best move is the run n gun or his stupid grenade launcher. Makes me so mad to see all these awesome characters being played like this. Its the same to me as playing UMVC and trying to zone all game. Or camping in Call Of Duty. Or farming all game in league of legends without helping your team at all. 

2 motha **bleep** seasons as black belt having great and enjoyable fights where people block, do not spam, and know how to punishh unsafe moves. This was meant to be a fightin game not the next noob brothers melee where you win by smashing the c-stick as hard as possible. I had no issue the past 2 seasons losing to a raiden or kratos or drake who would just school me all game doing epic combos I cant pull off myself. FFA is seriously becoming more of a chore than enjoyable. Can we all grow a pair or do I really need to only play 2v2? 

Please step your game up. by teaching yourself that spamming works you will end up just getting left behind once the rest of the UK and japan learn to play like men.

as a final note it is not every game thats like this, but 4/5 are me vs 3 spammers and I will get 2nd or 3rd because the other idiots just fed one spammer a ton of ap and kills. Sickening to see that noob anywhere but 4th where he deserves to be.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 1 of 18 (385 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: has ranked really come to this?

Feb 3, 2013

That's how it is in every mode.

But people act out in desperation more in ranked, so I assume it's much worse there than it is here in stock.

Message 2 of 18 (380 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 3, 2013

it was not like this at all for 3 seasons 2 of which i was a BB, now I cant even consistently rank up cuza spammers winning againstt people who just run into the spam all game. Even the red belts are doing it and that is usually where the skill level steps up a bit. My god what has happened to you PSAS...

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 3 of 18 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Feb 3, 2013

pretty much poppa unfortunately

Message 4 of 18 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 3, 2013

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

But people act out in desperation more in ranked, so I assume it's much worse there than it is here in stock.

EVERY mode?

Um, no! Smiley Very Happy

But seriously, you guys need to go out and play in some new places! Randoms online compaired to how amazing some online tournaments have been? If you came you would understand there is NO comparison!

Message 5 of 18 (353 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

EVERY mode?

Um, no! Smiley Very Happy

But seriously, you guys need to go out and play in some new places! Randoms online compaired to how amazing some online tournaments have been? If you came you would understand there is NO comparison!

how do you enter / join these wonderful leagues because at this point I proved to myself that I know what I'm doing for two seasons now and dont think I have much ranked left in me before I get so mad I smash my vita into my ps3 making one epic yet unusable console.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 6 of 18 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 3, 2013
You don't even have to join the league itself, come to a tournament!

We even have a 1v1 TONIGHT 6PM Central. I run 3 tournaments a WEEK!!!

(Not to mention I'm going to be running even more soon. Some MAYBE even FFA! Smiley Surprised )

People use their tricks in other modes, but if you look at the 1v1 Meta, a lot of the FFA powerhouses just don't work as well there.
Message 7 of 18 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Why say "It's Drake time" at the end of the post? It seems out of place.

But yeah, it's come down to cheating your way to the top. Last season I was Brown belt as Toro, could not get pasted that due to cheap Coles and Raiden, I can deal with them 1 on 1, but 3 of the in one game?

Message 8 of 18 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Dodge-logo.jpg

Message 9 of 18 (314 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1144 posts

Feb 3, 2013

i usually play quick match 2v2, so i tried to play Ranked FFA. At first i was on a winning streak with sir dan, e. cole and heihachi but after a while, it was frikkin barrel city. I've spent most of the match, dodging barrel. I feel like mario. 1st Season, i only played 10 ranked matches and got to purple belt, last season i got to red belt. But i just cant when you have your AK's and your barrels and your flying swordsmen. Kratos doesnt even bother me, because i block his only attack and punish the **bleep** outta them. 

And sly with that eletric circle, 

I consider myself above average but **bleep**, this spam is crazy

Message 10 of 18 (292 Views)
0 Likes