Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: guys... *Facepalm* did anyone even see this?

Sep 19, 2012

Gekidami wrote:
Sorry to break it to you but that was the Sony Conference, stuff might still get announced later, the PSBR characters will, but i doubt we'll get another conference. What Kotaku is saying is that the conference "was pre-TGS" not that it was a "Pre-TGS Conference".

really now? strange. Sony's website says its not till thursday. Kotaku said it was the Pre-TGS conference, and they didnt really show much. So kind of weird...it was all small things, normally theres a lot more at TGS. Also other websites have said stay tuned for thursday for sony's conference. Thats really weird o.0

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 41 of 47 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Sep 19, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Gekidami wrote:
Sorry to break it to you but that was the Sony Conference, stuff might still get announced later, the PSBR characters will, but i doubt we'll get another conference. What Kotaku is saying is that the conference "was pre-TGS" not that it was a "Pre-TGS Conference".

really now? strange. Sony's website says its not till thursday. Kotaku said it was the Pre-TGS conference, and they didnt really show much. So kind of weird...it was all small things, normally theres a lot more at TGS. Also other websites have said stay tuned for thursday for sony's conference. Thats really weird o.0

Based on what was revealed, it looks like this pre-show thing was just for industry and it was a place for Sony to just show off small tech things like the new PS3 model and Wonderbook, with all the big gaming news reserved for TGS. If anything, it was just a way to get stuff that people aren't too excited about out of the way before doing their big announcements during the actual show, including, of course, All-Stars stuff. If the official Sony livestream is still counting down, there is more to come.

At least, that's how I understand it.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 42 of 47 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Gekidami wrote:

Based on what was revealed, it looks like this pre-show thing was just for industry and it was a place for Sony to just show off small tech things like the new PS3 model and Wonderbook, with all the big gaming news reserved for TGS. If anything, it was just a way to get stuff that people aren't too excited about out of the way before doing their big announcements during the actual show, including, of course, All-Stars stuff. If the official Sony livestream is still counting down, there is more to come.

yes xD same here, i dont get what this guy was talking about. Plus if you saw the theater, there was maybe...300 people in it....AT MOST, theres no way TGS only has 200-300 people >.>

Message 43 of 47 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Sep 19, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

Gekidami wrote:

yes xD same here, i dont get what this guy was talking about. Plus if you saw the theater, there was maybe...300 people in it....AT MOST, theres no way TGS only has 200-300 people >.>

That certainly adds weight to my theory then! TGS is the Japanese E3, so it's a huge show where big announcements get made, so for Sony to only have 300 people at their pre-show suggests industry-only even more. Thursday and Friday are TGS press days, and therefore the best time to make big announcements, not a day before that. More people attending, I imagine.

Plus, would people prefer Sony to announce that you can get the Vita in different colours during TGS or beforehand at a time when barely anyone is watching? Exactly Smiley Tongue

Message 44 of 47 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Sep 19, 2012
So, I know yesterday was kind've stupid they didn't reveal anything, but that's because it was pre TGS?

So does that mean the reveals would actually be today, so yesterday it started at 10:00pm, so tonight it would too?
Message 45 of 47 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Sep 19, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:
So, I know yesterday was kind've stupid they didn't reveal anything, but that's because it was pre TGS?

So does that mean the reveals would actually be today, so yesterday it started at 10:00pm, so tonight it would too?

No, it won't start at the same time. According to the countdown, the main TGS stuff starts at 6pm Japan time, 5 hours later. So for you it'd be 3am. Again, this is just how I understand it based on the site that everyone's been linking, which is currently showing 16 and a half hours to go. But reveals certainly seem more likely there.

Message 46 of 47 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Sep 19, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

its either today or tomorrow, sonys website they linked says http://tgs.playstation.jp/ about exactly a day, so i have NO idea xD it could be tonight, could be sonys conference is tomorrow (which is late in japan, but than again this year at e3 sonys started like....9 or 10 at night (i think 8 wherever they were) and didnt end till 1 or 2 in the morning.

Message 47 of 47 (70 Views)
0 Likes