Jul 04 2012
By: sovietprince I Only Post Everything 1197 posts

expanding your knowledge

10 replies 151 views Edited Jul 4, 2012

SSB got me to play games that I never would have played otherwise ( metroid, pikimin, and even legend of zelda) that game single handly got me to be a what everone calls it a Gamer. Now I see battle royale doing the exact same thing. I picked up the infamoius series, killzone, sly collection to brush up on the characters and replayed some of the classic crash and spyro games.  Did this game effect you in the same way? if so share your stories.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Re: expanding your knowledge

Jul 4, 2012

Yeah, I always thought Smash Bros. had an amazing fighting style, one of the best. Mixing Smash Bros. gameplay with Sony elements was my dream game, never thought it would happen. And now that this game has been announced, it gives me even more reason to try the Playstation games I haven't tried yet and also learn about some people in this games history/backstory. I bought Resistance 1, Killzone 2, Resistance 2 Collectore Edition and Killzone 3 Helghast Edition over the course of these last two months. The thing that always bugged me when I tried Smash Bros. was that I never played some of the Nintendo games representd in it. I never played Kid Icarus, Metroid, I've only played one Star Fox game, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc. Of course I like to think of this new I'm doing as "Showing Playstation spirit".

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Yes, I just recently started playing classic Spyro games again, I also have played some Infamous more than I normally would, and I'm seriously want either the Sly Cooper collections or the Ratchet and Clank collections, not sure which ones. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Is Killzone good? I kinda suck at First person shooters, but I almost bought Killzone 3 once. That could be yet another game I get into because of this upcoming game. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Jul 5, 2012
Yeah, but Killzone 3 is harder than the 2nd one, at least for me. The controls seem kind of heavy, but you can change them, the graphics are great, the games story is a nice length, etc.

If you get Killzone 2, I recommend using knife a lot and sprinting, knifing someone most of the time is an automatic kill, but you have to be quick at time and know your surroundings. Also save the flamethrower for the final boss, it really helps.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2012

Played through Crash Bandicoot 1 the other day. All gems, keys and best ending in one sitting. Amazingly fun game! Remembered all the "secrets" and places to find the hidden crates.

Spyro 1 is sitting on my shelf aswell, but I played that one through 5 months ago.

Started playing MGS just the other week, simply because of the PS All-Stars fever.

Haven't played any of the announced character games yet. Got them, but haven't played them.

I've also looked at the Jak & Daxter HD collection and Sly Cooper in stores, but haven't bought them yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Jul 5, 2012

i bought bioshock and replayed LBP,infamous and uncharted 2. And im seriously thinking about buying killzone and resistance

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Jul 5, 2012

I might go buy Heavenly Sword since I don't know much about Nariko. Maybe Killzone 3 & inFamous 2 also.

I already have the GOW Collection, GOW 3, Sly Collection, Twisted Metal, LBP, LBP 2, inFamous, Fat Princess, etc

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jul 5, 2012

I have hunted for my ps1 along with Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Ape Escape. I have been playing through them and they are the most fun i have had in a LONG time

i also played some infamous and LBP and looking into getting the Jak, Ratchet and Clank and Sly Trilogy

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5690 posts

Jul 5, 2012

I've been playing Crash 1-3 and Gex 1 and 3. BEST games Ever! :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (87 Views)
0 Likes