Reply
Jul 14 2012
By: startainfection Splicer 83 posts
Offline

does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

17 replies 289 views Edited Jul 14, 2012

like a kart racing game and party games?

 

and i dont think sony is doing this to rip off nintendo i see it as a parody of nintendo

Message 1 of 18 (289 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
2494 posts
 

Re: does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

Jul 14, 2012

Nintendo was not even the first to come up with it and this whole smash type of gameplay is a genre. Any developer can do it and it does not revolve around Nintendo, they just made it popular.

 

Anyways, they already said that they plan to make this a franchise if it is successful, but I think it will only be fighters. SuperBot is only made up of people skilled in fighting games, I doubt they can really make the next title some other genre. I think and would prefer it to stay a fighting franchise.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 2 of 18 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/30/2010
Offline
203 posts
 

Re: does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

Jul 14, 2012

startainfection wrote:

like a kart racing game and party games?

 

and i dont think sony is doing this to rip off nintendo i see it as a parody of nintendo


I hope they change the name if All stars becomes a series.

 

Personaly i hate when people say it a complete rip off. SSB wasnt the first fighting game.

Also a Genre is created when a company looks at previous popular title, and picks out the main conventions in hopes to get a similar success. Meaning every game or film currently out has looked at other titles and used their conventions

Message 3 of 18 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/30/2010
Offline
203 posts
 

Re: does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

Jul 14, 2012

CountMario wrote:

Nintendo was not even the first to come up with it and this whole smash type of gameplay is a genre. Any developer can do it and it does not revolve around Nintendo, they just made it popular.

 

Anyways, they already said that they plan to make this a franchise if it is successful, but I think it will only be fighters. SuperBot is only made up of people skilled in fighting games, I doubt they can really make the next title some other genre. I think and would prefer it to stay a fighting franchise.


Sony could always get the best studio at what genre Superbot do fighting, another studio does racing. Personally it would get boring very quick

Message 4 of 18 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
2494 posts
 

Re: does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

Jul 14, 2012

ian111199 wrote:

CountMario wrote:

Nintendo was not even the first to come up with it and this whole smash type of gameplay is a genre. Any developer can do it and it does not revolve around Nintendo, they just made it popular.

 

Anyways, they already said that they plan to make this a franchise if it is successful, but I think it will only be fighters. SuperBot is only made up of people skilled in fighting games, I doubt they can really make the next title some other genre. I think and would prefer it to stay a fighting franchise.


Sony could always get the best studio at what genre Superbot do fighting, another studio does racing. Personally it would get boring very quick


If Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and even Super Smash Bros. can still get people excited to this day, then I doubt most of the fan-base would get bored with the genre. In fact, why buy a fighting game if you're just going to get bored of fighting games?

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 5 of 18 (261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42068 posts
 

Re: does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

Jul 14, 2012

CountMario wrote:

Nintendo was not even the first to come up with it and this whole smash type of gameplay is a genre. Any developer can do it and it does not revolve around Nintendo, they just made it popular.

 

Anyways, they already said that they plan to make this a franchise if it is successful, but I think it will only be fighters. SuperBot is only made up of people skilled in fighting games, I doubt they can really make the next title some other genre. I think and would prefer it to stay a fighting franchise.


Given Sony's large 1st & 2nd party network, I'm sure if SuperBot needs some expertise in another genre, they can bring in a few extra people from another studio (since Sony's studios share tech and such) to help out in that area while the 'fighting' core works on a 'Battle Royale' sequel.  The San Diego team could come in for instance if they ever wanted to take the Sports route or Sony Santa Monica if they wanted to do an action mash-up.  Why not go the distance and do something similar to KH?


Message 6 of 18 (257 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/30/2010
Offline
203 posts
 

Re: does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

Jul 14, 2012

CountMario wrote:

If Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and even Super Smash Bros. can still get people excited to this day, then I doubt most of the fan-base would get bored with the genre. In fact, why buy a fighting game if you're just going to get bored of fighting games?


You mis read. If All stars becomes a series of games not just fighters, it could get boring quickly, or easily go wrong. If it stays as a fighter series not much could get wrong

Message 7 of 18 (254 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
2494 posts
 

Re: does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

Jul 14, 2012

ian111199 wrote:

CountMario wrote:

If Street Fighter, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, and even Super Smash Bros. can still get people excited to this day, then I doubt most of the fan-base would get bored with the genre. In fact, why buy a fighting game if you're just going to get bored of fighting games?


You mis read. If All stars becomes a series of games not just fighters, it could get boring quickly, or easily go wrong. If it stays as a fighter series not much could get wrong


Oh, my bad. I do agree that it should stay fighting, it is just my personal preference. If Sony decides to make a PlayStation racer or sports game, I would prefer it being an entirely new series.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 8 of 18 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/22/2008
Offline
83 posts
 

Re: does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

Jul 14, 2012
i think it one battle royal a generation would be fine would like the ame for the other things this can lead to
Message 9 of 18 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/05/2007
Offline
2671 posts
 

Re: does sub-title imply other potential play station all stars games?

Jul 14, 2012

If we started having PSABR racing and "parties" then lol you think Nintend fans are mad now? Sheesh. I think the fighting is enough and suits Sony's Ip's a lot more.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 10 of 18 (209 Views)
Reply
0 Likes