I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: currently learning sackboy, any tips?

Feb 22, 2013

Alex_pagan13 wrote:

well Omar said Sackboy is a character who wants to stay away from the action  but from me going from Lvl 1 to 999 with Sackboy its to GET YOUR **bleep** IN THERE AND USE SACKBOY TO YOUR FULL POWER lol naw Sackboy's prettty good when you know how to get used to him i think  his strongest based moves are either Triangle or Square attacks in my opinion good to see new Sackboy users around

As a jak main I prefer to be the charaters that are much less mindless button mashing. Sackboy is tough to use I will give him that, mostly in a game where the enemy is just spamming the easy stuff. In this 2v2 vs 2 black belts I did pretty well because I do not have a problem dodging or punishing peoples unsafe moves. Me and the Kat I got partnered with beat them with 2 lives left each. I just get dominated really bad in FFA's, 2v2's I think I can hold my own for the most part, still having trouble doing his combos right but I just need to get used to him.

@all

Thanks for the advice it so far has all worked very well except the cake spam lol 

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 11 of 23 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Feb 22, 2013
Cake jam bouncy pad time the level one right and you da man
Message 12 of 23 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Just add me dude its KidCustom, im a sackboy main (i think? haha) and i can show you combos, how to use him, best ways to use supers whatever just add me Smiley Happy if im full on friends just send me a message and ill delete some1 always happy to help Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 23 (88 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Feb 22, 2013

IMO, Sackboy is a tricky one. I've main Sackboy since the begining and trust me sometimes he was frustrating but just because I was learning how to use it properly (ans still...). With Sackboy youi need to be good anticipating the opponent moves, he seems not to have a lot of useful moves but he is the one who can easily escape from lvl 2 or 3 and can deflect almost every projectile.

Be conscious that he wont let you have tons of AP like Raiden or Kratos but he is very special escaping from attaks and zoning. Try not to depend always in his lvl 3 (although its amazing but is risky try to get it everytime) and dont understimate his teleport, the fan or the bounce pad they are great. The only move i don't use very often (cause i belive it needs a buff) is the jam session.

My  ID:bussinesman0

Im not the best Sackboy but we may learn something from each other.

Message 14 of 23 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
584 posts

Feb 22, 2013

As the top sackboy of both ranked modes, I would have to say that you should do whatever you can to win. And if people complain about how you use Sackboy, it's their own fault because sackboy has been nerfed TWICE. Do what you find wins matches. I feel like the charged side triangle is good for going against the crowded groups in FFA. The cake can work as a mine in addition to the shockpad. If you're dangerously close to your level 3 and don't want it to be taken, just set up a fan and do jam session repeatedly. 

FFA: In FFA I tend to get my level 3 and level 2 in the same match. The level 2 is great for double-triple kills but people seem to split up immediately as soon as they see it. Get in close to someone, do Forward+Triange, and level 2 immediately for that instant level 2 kill. That way you'll get at least one. FFA is Sackboy's best mode imo because of the simple reason of: cake. Small maps are amazing for sackboy because a bouncepad (Up+O) for air camping, a shock pad for defense (Down+O), a fan for reflecting all kinds of projectiles (Side+O), a cake for people away from you (O) and a bounce pad for people that get close (Down+Square).

2v2: Sackboy should not spam unless on a small map in 2v2. You need to do combos. The following characters are immune to sackboys 145 AP combo:

Kat, Good Cole, Big Daddy, Raiden, Sly and Toro.

So you need to improvise. Find shorter combos that work best for you that gain the most AP. 

Sackboy's best team-mate in 2v2 is Sly. Since they can both run, and keep away excellently, and both excel in different playstyles, they end up being the best team possible.

Message 15 of 23 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Feb 22, 2013

oh that's an easy one. Follow these steps and you are golden

1. Put the circle thing (respawn) in the highest part in the middle of the stage.

2. a) Go to a corner put an electric pad in front of you and hold the bounce pad all day (dont worry it will bounce the supers back too)

b) Go to a corner put an electric pad and a fan in front of you and throw *cough* spam *cough* the hell out of cake and jelly balls

3. If step 2 fails, respawn and run to the next corner

4. Tada level 3 ready within 2 minutes of the game

5. You win with 6-7 kills (depending on the stage) with zero death

6. You are welcome :-)

7. If you really must have some fun, just hold the headbutt move (rocket) and release it when an opponent get close (works every time, they wont know what hit them).

P.S. I am not a sackboy main and have yet to do his trials and combos in training mode.

Message 16 of 23 (70 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 22, 2013

SoundWave4669 wrote:

Just add me dude its KidCustom, im a sackboy main (i think? haha) and i can show you combos, how to use him, best ways to use supers whatever just add me Smiley Happy if im full on friends just send me a message and ill delete some1 always happy to help Smiley Happy

I am goig away for the weekend but expect a request, I will be on my Vita so don't bother messaging me I'll get in contact with you on Monday sometime if your on. 

Anyone else think Vita needs a little message pop-up in the corner on the screen? Not like the ps3 that would take up a ton of space but maybe just a small see through message indicator? I never know when anyone messages me on that thing until I quit the game I'm playing

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 17 of 23 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 22, 2013

bussinesman0 wrote:

IMO, Sackboy is a tricky one. I've main Sackboy since the begining and trust me sometimes he was frustrating but just because I was learning how to use it properly (ans still...). With Sackboy youi need to be good anticipating the opponent moves, he seems not to have a lot of useful moves but he is the one who can easily escape from lvl 2 or 3 and can deflect almost every projectile.

Be conscious that he wont let you have tons of AP like Raiden or Kratos but he is very special escaping from attaks and zoning. Try not to depend always in his lvl 3 (although its amazing but is risky try to get it everytime) and dont understimate his teleport, the fan or the bounce pad they are great. The only move i don't use very often (cause i belive it needs a buff) is the jam session.

My  ID:bussinesman0

Im not the best Sackboy but we may learn something from each other.

I despise using raiden and kratos, not only because of their BS I do not enjoy when facing them but also because I hate their play style. I'm more of a Jak style, so sackboy seems to fit that, I like spike too but I'm still learning him as well. Only 2 I can play properly are Jak and Drake (no barrel to ak spam for me)

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 18 of 23 (64 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 22, 2013

So I am getting dominated by coles (GC and EC) pretty much. The rest of the cast is not so hard to fight. Oh and Sly is enfuriating, a good sly not just any sly.

Seems like even the noobiest coles will just dominate me though. Suggestions on this match up?

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 19 of 23 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

Of Course!, first you need to figure out what kind of cole are you facing. If he is a KC spammer he may have troubles.

Fan and Square + D (dunno remember the name jeje), are the best in here. Good cole will try to freeze and then KC, well just use the Square + D and BAM he will be freezed!, plus fan can deflect most of his ranged attacks, most of GC will try to jump and  smash you with the ice cube, so when he jumps just dodge and he is all yours, sackboy's grapling is great and you can combo with cake, pad or rocket.

Evil cole will try to use giga punch, you will have to use cackinator to stop him and the fan. and if he get close to you and try to use the giga punch use the pad (Square + D), so both get hit but he wont perform the KC. also deflect is granades or static wave with fan.

Good Cole lvl 2 is so easy to avoid with bouncing pad and you can cheat an Evil Cole lvl 2 with the teleportator. As soon as he get close teleport.

Message 20 of 23 (58 Views)
0 Likes