Feb 21 2013
By: BIGPOPPA21089 I Only Post Everything 876 posts

currently learning sackboy, any tips?

22 replies 273 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

I think the title explains it all. I know to constantly have all his gimmics on screen, but BnB combos / strategies would help a lot.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 1 of 23 (273 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Re: currently learning sackboy, any tips?

Feb 21, 2013

lol wow no love for sackboy I guess haha, really no one has any suggestions on BnB combos or strategies?

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 2 of 23 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Add me, gamer tag is KomodoBrothers. I'll show you some sack boy stuff if you want
Message 3 of 23 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2536 posts

Feb 21, 2013

(short hop) Air side triangle (uncharged) > down circle > Level 1 or Level 2

(short hop) Air side tringle (uncharged) > down circle > square > square > up square > side triangle (uncharged) > neutral circle

I think you can sub the second air triangle with down square but I usually dont do that way.

The best advice that can go for any character is memorizing the moves and what situations they are best in. You will adapt your own strategies the more you know a character and it will become second nature. I'm sure a player of your level knew that, but for newer players who were looking for general advice, try the Combat Trials for your character (namely the supers, and all three attacks).

Message 4 of 23 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Feb 21, 2013
Cake spam + bounce(back) pad = level 3
Message 5 of 23 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Feb 21, 2013
People like this irritate me ^ why don't you actually give him tips instead of trying to be a nuisance.
Anyway, think of sackboy as a trap master at least that's how I play him, but his 145 ap burst is what'll help you
Short hop-> side triangle> down circle> square>square>up square> side triangle> neutral circle
Kind of lay out an electric panel near you and launch a cake and have it land on the ground, someone will eventually run into it in a FFA or 2v2.
Message 6 of 23 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1730 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Always have a shpck pad out. It helps a lot. 
The square button moves also gain the most AP, my favorite sqaure move is Square Down. 
Yeah I'm not that good with tips but I main sackboy.

Triangle Down is also very useful to use to escape supers. Put it down somewhere high or nonsuspicious. 

Message 7 of 23 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Ok cool. I still am having trouble starting up combos and getting in the fray in general. 2v2 is not so difficult but with the chaos in FFA I gain like no ap.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Message 8 of 23 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2536 posts

Feb 22, 2013

The trick is to bait people to coming to you the way you want them to and then trapping them. If you only rely on getting your level 3, you will be hit or miss. Don't be afraid to throw in a level 2 if people are clumped and then set up some level 1's with your electric pad. Make sure they are on the electric pad as close as possible to you. To ensure this, do the short hop > air forward triangle > down circle combo. They will always be positioned correctly. The trick is getting someone while they are on the ground which is admittedly hard. If they jump a lot, just jump into the middle of the combo starting from up square > forward triangle > neutral circle or hit them with some up triangles until they get out of the habit.

Message 9 of 23 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Feb 22, 2013

well Omar said Sackboy is a character who wants to stay away from the action  but from me going from Lvl 1 to 999 with Sackboy its to GET YOUR **bleep** IN THERE AND USE SACKBOY TO YOUR FULL POWER lol naw Sackboy's prettty good when you know how to get used to him i think  his strongest based moves are either Triangle or Square attacks in my opinion good to see new Sackboy users around

Message 10 of 23 (119 Views)
0 Likes