I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Re: community thoughts on Incomplete Games in general

Nov 7, 2012
@S-o-h-a-i-l
u forgot to mention Uncharted 3 had character DLC day 1. Never had a problem with it though the game was flawless
Message 41 of 70 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Ah yeah, but what I mean by it is, its not content that detracts from the game experience. Its optional DLC, not something people will be complaining about if they didn't have it at all.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 42 of 70 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 7, 2012

I read the opening paragraph. Hold up for a sec though, because not 'all' Capcom games take out content to release later. The difference is when a game has 'downloadable' versus 'disc-locked'.

Street Fighter X Tekken proved that disc-locked content was a horrible, horrible idea.

It was only in Resident Evil 6 because RE6 was in production 'before' SFxT was released and they couldn't go back on that plan as they were just doing the finishing touches, and to completely delay the game and work it from the ground up would be a horrible idea.

In terms of DmC, that's being handled by the Ninja Theory team who hasn't once released disc-locked DLC. They did do that one Pigsy DLC, but that was a 200 megabyte additional campaign. There is confirmation that they will release DLC, but from what I can tell you (I'm as into DmC as I am into PSAS, and by me going on both forums I learn as much as I can), its going to be post-release content that adds to the game instead of taken out to release separately. The Preorder Packs, however, are the only withstanding rule to that.

In terms of PSAS though, I doubt SuperBot would put characters and stages on the disc for people to hack and find. We've already experienced the consumer-destroying Street Fighter X Tekken of 200 bucks on the disc, and I'm absolutely positive that any on disc content will be free if there is any at all.

Message 43 of 70 (82 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 7, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

assassins creed 3 - The DLC are side missions, not sequences or anything regarding the main story
mass effect 3 - The DLC are more akin to expansions as they set you out on a new adventure that has nothing to do with the campaign
uncharted 3 - All DLC is multiplayer maps, if you've got a problem with that then you're pretty much against all map pack DLC's
darksiders 2 - Once again, more like expansions
red dead redemption - Map packs & an expansion that distances itself so far from the game that they released it as a standalone title
max payne 3 - Map packs
the amazing spiderman - Mini challenges, you wouldn't play them even if they were added lol
spiderman shattered dimensions - Costumes ?
batman arkham city - A continuation of the story, this was developed after the game was made.
mortal kombat - Additional characters, you're not forced to buy them, their optional
resident evil 6 - Map packs
dragons dogma - Additional side quests

None of these were on disc (except for Dragons Dogma), and were all really poor examples. This is why I assumed you feel entitled to all DLC because these had nothing to do with the point you raised after, these are infact the polar opposite.

assassins creed 3- extra expansions turned into dlc even though its on the disc, now people have to pay extra for it, its on the disc

spiderman games- costumes that are on the disc, regardless, its on the disc

darksiders2-again even though its map packs its on the disc, and little perks for death and despair are on disc yet its locked out

resident evil 6-map packs, and extra story missions are locked on disc

batman arkham city-im not talking about the harley quinn expansion im talking about robin, and the costumes, and to an extent catwoman, because people without internet cant play as her, even if they bought the game day 1

max payne3-map packs and perks that are on the disc

uncharted3-ill give you this one no Disc locked content but there are things that you have to buy over again that was already unlockedin uncharted 2

mortal kombat 9-costumes and skarlet were locked on the disc

red dead-im not talking about undead nightmare that was made after the game came out, there making you pay for a horse, extra weapons, extra costumes, all on the disc

thats it im done, people dont get it, im not entitled to stuff that is made after the game is complete and released, but if the content was maede with the original game but was taken out ton purpose to be DLC the game is incomplete, your not gettinmg a full product, theres no whining theres no entitlement, its just common sense., how come every general complaint a real one is considered whining or entitlement, entitlement was people getting **bleep** at bioware and forcing them to make a new ending for mass effect 3 thats entitlement

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 44 of 70 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Read my post above for what makes suitable DLC.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 45 of 70 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Some on-disc DLC can be cool though. Like Amazing Spiderman's time locked on-disc free stuff.

Message 46 of 70 (63 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 7, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Some on-disc DLC can be cool though. Like Amazing Spiderman's time locked on-disc free stuff.

thats okay because it was free, they know that people bought the game and that every thing on the disc is theres, instead of nickle and diming them for something they technically already payed for.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 47 of 70 (55 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 7, 2012
@ScreamKing09 Well I haven't put as much time into the other games u mentioned as I have with MK9.

Ur the first person to complain about the costumes. The "costumes" were pre-order bonuses. They were finally released onto store for $5. Oh NO $5.00 DOLLARS.

This is no to mention that netherrealm went out of there way to add a DLC costume pack, for every character added as DLC.

U didn't even have to buy the character to get the costumes they were totally free.
Message 48 of 70 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 7, 2012

It depends on how 'nickle and diming' it is. If its small content, like the music packs on Tekken Tag Tournament 2, then it really doesn't matter.

Message 49 of 70 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Colton360 wrote:
@ScreamKing09 Well I haven't put as much time into the other games u mentioned as I have with MK9.

Ur the first person to complain about the costumes. The "costumes" were pre-order bonuses. They were finally released onto store for $5. Oh NO $5.00 DOLLARS.

This is no to mention that netherrealm went out of there way to add a DLC costume pack, for every character added as DLC.

U didn't even have to buy the character to get the costumes they were totally free.

im not really mad at the costumes par5t, but its a principle its on the disc everyone that bought the game should get it free of charge, did you ever have to pay for costumes in fighting games, no, regardless of it being $5.00, its not a lot of money but still people shouldnt have to payy extra for something thats on the disc, and is technically theres, now the costumes released with the characters was genorous, and i respect netherrealm for caring , i think warner is the one forcing that pre-order BS and locking skarlet on the disc

Message 50 of 70 (36 Views)
0 Likes