Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Re: community thoughts on Incomplete Games in general

Nov 7, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

I think we should stop whining about bits and pieces of content and enjoy the video game. It's how games are made now, and you better get used to it or you are in for loads of whiny rants as time goes on.

there is no whining, itsjust common sense you should get your full working product on day 1 and not be nickle and dimed

EXAMPLE: you buy a $30 steak dinner that comes with shrimp and fries, when you get the meal theres only a steak your like W  T  F?, the waiter says you have to pay $10 extra for the shrimp and $10 for the fries, makes no since right.

Once again, the addition of DLC doesn't make a game incomplete. It's more like having the meal arrive, and being asked offered desert after. It's a sweet addition, but in no way compulsory. 

okay look if the content is finished and is deliberatly taken out so that you can pay more for something that should be in your $60 purchase then technically it is incomplete, and where did you get desert from the example i used was if you payed $30 for a steak dinner that should come with shrimp and fries and you get only a steak and have to pay extra for the shrimp and fries, then thats incomplete.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 21 of 70 (85 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

I think we should stop whining about bits and pieces of content and enjoy the video game. It's how games are made now, and you better get used to it or you are in for loads of whiny rants as time goes on.

there is no whining, itsjust common sense you should get your full working product on day 1 and not be nickle and dimed

EXAMPLE: you buy a $30 steak dinner that comes with shrimp and fries, when you get the meal theres only a steak your like W  T  F?, the waiter says you have to pay $10 extra for the shrimp and $10 for the fries, makes no since right.

That is a horible example because that isn't the case at all.

REAL EXAMPLE: I look on the menu and it has steak, and for a few extra bucks I can get a variety of sides, like shrimp and fries. I love steak, so I'm gonna get it! I don't need the shrimp and fries, but I'd like some, so I'll pay the few extra bucks. The meal is complete with or w/o the shrimp and fries.

Message 22 of 70 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 7, 2012

i do have a right,

expansion packs were used till mid 2000s,

just because of my age doesn't mean that i don't understand the usage of expansion packs,

i was mostly a pc games when i was a kid,

the only franchise, that i know of, the still uses expansion packs is the sims (which is awesome btw)

the only thing that i miss from 'the good old days' is the fact that some dlcs replace cheats,

no that's something that i miss,

at this day and age, dlc is the new expansion pack,

but you don't have to get dlcs, you guys feel like as if you have to buy dlcs,

it's not mandatory...

Play For Fun!
Message 23 of 70 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 7, 2012
ScreamKing - Its simply got to do with how you define incomplete. From what you're saying, it sounds like you feel that you're entitled to all extra DLC with the game you're purchasing. That kills the purpose of DLC though, the point of it is to be optional additional content that doesn't detract from the core game.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 24 of 70 (74 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 7, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

REAL EXAMPLE: I look on the menu and it has steak, and for a few extra bucks I can get a variety of sides, like shrimp and fries. I love steak, so I'm gonna get it! I don't need the shrimp and fries, but I'd like some, so I'll pay the few extra bucks. The meal is complete with or w/o the shrimp and fries.

let me put it like this what i,m trying to say is a steak dinner that comes with shrimp and fries included, no random sides they are in the description of the book, yet when you get the meal your like where is my shrinp and fries, and the waiter says hey you gotta pay extra for those even though ts supposed to come with the meal free of charge.

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 25 of 70 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Nov 7, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

let me put it like this what i,m trying to say is a steak dinner that comes with shrimp and fries included, no random sides they are in the description of the book, yet when you get the meal your like where is my shrinp and fries, and the waiter says hey you gotta pay extra for those even though ts supposed to come with the meal free of charge.

Lets get this food talk out of the way, the DLC's for this game are optional.  They might improve your experience but they are up to you.  Does that make the game incomplete?  No not at all, the game has been completed.  You have your controls, modes, stages, and characters in game already, it is complete.  

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 26 of 70 (62 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

That isn't how it works though. When you buy the game, it doesn't say you get these things. These things are extra.

Message 27 of 70 (61 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 7, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
ScreamKing - Its simply got to do with how you define incomplete. From what you're saying, it sounds like you feel that you're entitled to all extra DLC with the game you're purchasing. That kills the purpose of DLC though, the point of it is to be optional additional content that doesn't detract from the core game.

NO, sohail look its not entitlement, for example fallout 3 had dlc that was made way after the game came out, its not locked on disc, it wasnt taken out for us to buy later it was a real expansion people should pay extra for that, stuff like characters that are on disc for a fighting game yet have been locked out or extra story missions that are on disc but were taken out so that you have to buy them later makes no since at all it should come with your $60 purchase.

Message 28 of 70 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 7, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

that's the equivalent where we're told that this certain campaign is available on disc when we buy it,

but then we find out that it isn't and we're told we have to pay for the campaign that was on the disc...

Play For Fun!
Message 29 of 70 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 7, 2012
ScreamKing - That's rarely the case though. Some games i.e. AC2 do it for a legitimate reason (time constraints in AC2's case). I can't even think of many other games that have done that other then the infamous SxT.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 30 of 70 (45 Views)
0 Likes