Nov 07 2012
By: ScreamKing09 Uncharted Territory 1384 posts

community thoughts on Incomplete Games in general

[ Edited ]
69 replies 520 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

so a recent thread just got me thinking about how everybody here feels about incomplete games, now this doesnt refer to all stars but to games this gen in general, now by incomplete i mean games that clearly had content taken out on purpose to become dlc for later or day 1, and glitch infested games.

Now I personally cannot stand incomplete games and its the reason i dont buy most games on day 1 anymore, like evry capcom game this gen DmC, resident evil, street fighter, they have content taken out to become dlc for you to buy seperatly,or assassins creed 3, now im a bhuge AC fan but ill just wait for the inevitable GOTY EDITION  to get the full product, heck even assassins creed 2 was incomplete, and its kind of sad that we have games that are complete and sonmetimes new ips that are really good and come with all content on disc but they dont sell, yet big name games that arent complete and in some cases non innovative or a shell of their former selves, sell like hotcakes, ujust because its gotta a big name on the box

what are you guys or gals as a community thoughts on this?

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 1 of 70 (520 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Re: Incomplete Games

Nov 7, 2012
In b4 duplicate thread rants!
Message 2 of 70 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
481 posts

Re: community thoughts on Incomplete Games in general

Nov 7, 2012
I think horribly glitchy and broken games are unacceptable. If it is being released, it should work. Example is skyrim on ps3. why release that in the condition it was. That is unacceptable.

As for dlc, I love dlc after a games release, like a month after. I love day 1 dlc if it is free(because they needed more time to finish it) or if it is a preorder bonus( because if I really care about the game, I would be supporting it with a preorder anyways)

the only dlc I hate is day 1, on disc, paid dlc. If you had time to finish it, and its on disc, and its not a preorder bonus, then it should be part of the 60 dollar game
Fission Mailed
Message 3 of 70 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Nov 7, 2012

inb4seasonpasses

Message 4 of 70 (478 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 7, 2012
I remember picking up uncharted 3. I was frustrated when I saw dlc characters first day but the game had so much to offer it was fine with me
Message 5 of 70 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Colton360 wrote:
I remember picking up uncharted 3. I was frustrated when I saw dlc characters first day but the game had so much to offer it was fine with me

what sucks about that is  , all of those chaacters were either available in the uncharted  2 or you already bought, yet you have to pay for hem again, which is bull

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 6 of 70 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 7, 2012
Yeah Skyrim on the PS3 was pure balls until late Winter/early Spring - which just isn't acceptable, couple that with the fact that we're most likely not getting any DLC, and it makes you think Bethesda just really doesn't give the PS3 much thought.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 7 of 70 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 7, 2012

We live in an era where on-disc does not matter and everything is fixed and increased with DLC. People will realize how bad DLC is when eventually for some reason or another you can no longer download a DLC for an old game and what you have on-disc is just a partial game. Suddenly Sony decides to change their Terms and Conditions or for whatever other reason. It might sound a bit paranoid but I've already seen enough times where region-locks, DRM and other forms of digital restrictions management restricts our freedom enormously.

People don't realize how dependent we are on being able to download stuff from Sony. I still prefer physical disc games than digital downloads for the same reason. I don't have to rely on internet/bandwidth costs/connectivity or Sony if I paid so much money to get the game so I can enjoy it wherever I go.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 8 of 70 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Nov 7, 2012
this game is incomplete. deal with it.

it does not matter if this game sells or not. no company is looking out if this game sells so they can release their characters as DLCs. that's ignorance. it takes time, money, and effort to get a character working in this game. animation, 3d render, movesets, supers, balance, voicework, sound effects, etc. so much work and some **bleep** here actually think companies are just waiting for a sales figure to greenlight a character's inclusion? rofl.

and some fans are the most bipolar ones. in some issues, they go, "oh SuperBot hasn't said a thing therefore i won't believe this crap! it's fake until SuperBot says something!" then in some issues, they take it to themselves to represent SuperBot and explain in perfect detail why this is like this and that is like that, as if they've known everything that has transpired behind the scenes. what nonsense.

using logic, does anyone really think SuperBot is still trying to get Crash? ROFL. most likely, they have already developed Crash, his model, his moveset, did his voicework. what they probably can't negotiate is the division of profits between Sony and Activision. that's more logical than believing 1) SuperBot has been bargaining for Crash during the past 3 years or 2) SuperBot has just started bargaining for CRASH BANDICOOT after making a Playstation Smash Bros. game.

with Cole's Voice Actor mentioning working with David Hayter (Snake's voice), to Hayter not commenting on his inclusion to Battle Royale, to Paul Gale saying Snake is part of the "25th Anniversary" DLC, to today having two retailers outing a "MGS4 25th Anniversary Special Edition" due Nov. 30th, everything just points to Snake being DLC. I could not imagine Kojima refusing Snake to be in this game, given that Playstation helped put Metal Gear Solid on the map.

To people saying "we should be thankful that they're expanding blah blah blah" no they're not expanding anything. they put in characters no one asked for, and we automatically get them by paying $60, then they make the most-requested characters as paid DLCs.

of course it would make sense FOR THEM to do that, since the amount of people who will pay for Fat Princess wouldn't even compare to the amount who will pay for Snake. brilliant strategy. have those shoe-in characters be part of the $60 purchase, alongside real All-Stars like Kratos, then have the top-requested ones as DLCs. the attachment rate to the DLCs would be much, much higher indeed. and people who wasn't gonna get the game might get it eventually because their characters are DLCs. it's practically a win-win for SuperBot. fans will forgive them thinking they "added" Snake, Cloud, etc. in the end to make fans happy.

meanwhile, if you're a consumer, this practice should disgust you. but no, most people think in simpler terms. "buy it so we'll have DLC" is one of the stupidest remarks ever. they're gonna release DLC regardless of who buys this. they have a DLC release schedule to follow, and was planned for months just as they're planning to unveil DLCs at the VGAs. this isn't a last-minute hurrah of some sort.
Message 9 of 70 (423 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Nov 7, 2012
I'm all for the digital era, as long as its reasonably priced (should be lower due to the money saved on packaging & shipping etc), only thing holding that back is the space limitations. My PS3 is 250gb, and I still have to delete games off it occasionally - if we're headed to a digital future, this kind of thing shouldn't hold us back.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 10 of 70 (419 Views)
0 Likes