Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/08/2012
Offline
212 posts
 

Re: cole is not a waste

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

Slayer5228 wrote:

Does it matter what the story was?
People are just **bleep** at the fact that InFamous gets 2 reps and idiots believe it replaces a character!

Superbot has been working on this game for over 2 years and you think they are running out of time? Especially when the leak was a pre-E3 build beta? Hilarious. InFamous Cole is a great addition to the roster with a unique personality and move-set that compliments Hero Cole and the series well! No character is wasted/replaced during the development  phase of any game as everything is developed by a team and not a ONE person. Again he is unique enough to not be a last minute addition.

Really that's the only logical reason you can think of for the main character of a series? Alright you can tell you spent a long and hard time thinking this out.


If evil Cole is in the game and Dart isn't (Dart is first party just like Cole) then I will seriously be **bleep** off. Call me an idiot and show how immature you are just because I have a different opinion than you but evil Cole is a waste of a character slot. The fact remains that any development time spent is development time they could have used on any other character. I am not just talking about evil Cole here I am saying that once they start putting in the time to develop one character that inevitability means that there will be less time to add another. By adding evil Cole along with good Cole that means there is less time for someone else. That is a fact not an opinion. 

-Signature-
"You know the carnival comes and goes. If you wait for a while, it'll always comes back to you..."
Message 51 of 116 (108 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/22/2009
Offline
949 posts
 

Re: cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

Slayer5228 wrote:

Sniperwolf shut the hell up and stop adding fuel to the fire of hate, you have no idea what you are talking about. The two characters aren't even clones so just s*tfu

Alonzo, in a game where it's the first one there are no replacements...Brawl..Brawl had replacements from Melee where Mewtwo was replaced by Lucario and Roy by Ike.

This game there are no replacements because they were never put into the game for any character to be replaced.

I can see that the company can never win because when Hero Cole was revealed everyone was complaining where is InFamous Cole why is he not there? Well then the leak happens and everyone complains about InFamous Cole. They have plenty of unknown or not very popular series but that doesn't mean the whole game should be filled with them either.

Superbot doesn't have unlimited time and whoever said that has no idea how to make a game or the process. But they did have a lot of time. People complain about InFamous Cole now because there favorite character didn't make it or wasn't leaked.

The general audience would much rather play a bada** character who shoots red lighting and fire out of his body then some gecko who never really had a popular game. This game isn't only selling to the current fans of PlayStation but to possible new fans. The wider range of gamers is the general audience..


you call me stupid, and you think everyone is complaining about infamous cole? no, there complaining because they put time into making a CLONE character that will be slightly altered (like in ssb), instead of a character that deserves that spot.

 

**bleep**

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 52 of 116 (98 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/22/2009
Offline
949 posts
 

Re: cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

animeprophet wrote:

Slayer5228 wrote:

Alonzo1948 wrote:

I just used Crash and Tomba as an example. Bottom line is that the time spent on developing Evil Cole could have been spent developing another character from another series. The only logical reason I can think of behind him being in this game is if Superbot was reaching a deadline to adding new characters and they squeezed him in last minute because he would be quicker/easier to develop since they already had the rights and voice actor for Cole. Either way, once he is officially announced we can ask Superbot the whole story behind his inclusion.



Alonzo1948 wrote:

Does it matter what the story was?
People are just **bleep** at the fact that InFamous gets 2 reps and idiots believe it replaces a character!

Superbot has been working on this game for over 2 years and you think they are running out of time? Especially when the leak was a pre-E3 build beta? Hilarious. InFamous Cole is a great addition to the roster with a unique personality and move-set that compliments Hero Cole and the series well! No character is wasted/replaced during the development  phase of any game as everything is developed by a team and not a ONE person. Again he is unique enough to not be a last minute addition.

Really that's the only logical reason you can think of for the main character of a series? Alright you can tell you spent a long and hard time thinking this out.


If evil Cole is in the game and Dart isn't (Dart is first party just like Cole) then I will seriously be **bleep** off. Call me an idiot and show how immature you are just because I have a different opinion than you but evil Cole is a waste of a character slot. The fact remains that any development time spent is development time they could have used on any other character. I am not just talking about evil Cole here I am saying that once they start putting in the time to develop one character that inevitability means that there will be less time to add another. By adding evil Cole along with good Cole that means there is less time for someone else. That is a fact not an opinion. 


HE GETS IT

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 53 of 116 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/26/2012
Offline
1271 posts
 

Re: cole is not a waste

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

Lol I haven't called you an idiot.
Immature? No sir I am not immature and I respect those with different opinions but when your opinions can't be backed up that's when they become idiotic! They can't throw all their good cards at once because that is bad for business. All-Stars two comes out and they won't have any series to add because they added everyone in the first...that's not good for business at all. No new series to get excited about, no hype except yeah no we get to play as sidekicks! InFamous Cole is also far more important than Dart and I love Dart but he's just not popular enough.They are already adding some classic PS1 characters like Parappa, Sir Dan, Sweet Tooth, and I have no doubt there's more but they need rep from other eras too! Current games and the casual audience will want to play as current "All-Stars" before some characters that are old. But that's where with a game like this you start introducing those old characters and test the waters. If a character is popular "Hey gamers you just got your remake!"

Not including the main character of InFamous is just a dumb move to do because InFamous Cole, his personality, and his move-set are just as important as Hero Cole!

Obviously that's a fact but why include Dart or Gex when InFamous is a far more popular series? Aside from that you mention RPG and PS1 era and anyone will tell you Cloud and Final Fantasy. If anyone says otherwise they are full of s***.

Excuse me for being immature and backing up my opinion and argument. I will try and be as mature as I possibly can by spreading rumors and posting comments that do not support my argument! Smiley Happy

Hey Sniperwolf I didn't know you worked for Superbot and know inside information about the characters uniqueness and move-set.
Have you even played the InFamous series? Both characters are not clones...the only thing they share are there full names and similar appearance! Yes he gets it and he backs up his opionion...you sir spout out random BS as you send hate towards Superbot.

Really? Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon are asked every single day on all of their sites...they would not anger there fanbase by saying "Screw Crash and Spyro..Hero and InFamous Cole ftw!" They know we want them and if anyone is to blame it will be Activision for not letting them use Crash and Spyro!

____________________________________________________
http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

PlayStation All-Stars "Best In The World!"
Message 54 of 116 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/22/2012
Offline
157 posts
 

Re: cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012
They wouldnt have used the time for evil cole if they didnt want him in the game. They probably chose evil cole over someone like dart because he fit the game better and worked with the game engine better. Its superbots choice on who gets in (for sony ow ned characters) not yours. They dont think hes a waste of a spot, the fans of characters like dart do.
Message 55 of 116 (75 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1165 posts
 

Re: cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

i like **bleep**

Photobucket
Omars hand is a DOLPHIN
Message 56 of 116 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/26/2012
Offline
1271 posts
 

Re: cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

ducktape000 wrote:
They wouldnt have used the time for evil cole if they didnt want him in the game. They probably chose evil cole over someone like dart because he fit the game better and worked with the game engine better. Its superbots choice on who gets in (for sony ow ned characters) not yours. They dont think hes a waste of a spot, the fans of characters like dart do.

This guy gets it!
Superbot also has to make a game they enjoy making...
What if they aren't as big fans for Dart as they are for Cole?
The eras are mixed well and everything is perfectly balanced..no character replaced another and no character wasted another characters time. If this was All-Stars two and Sir Dan was taken out for Dart that would be a replacement!

____________________________________________________
http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum

PlayStation All-Stars "Best In The World!"
Message 57 of 116 (67 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1165 posts
 

Re: cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

lol they cencored b.o.obies 

Photobucket
Omars hand is a DOLPHIN
Message 58 of 116 (66 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/27/2012
Offline
15 posts
 

Re: Cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

I don't think you guys understand.

 

You say that Infamous Cole is a waste because he took up development time, and because SuperBot is "on a deadline" another character couldn't make it in.

 

Now I would like you to consider this scenario. SuperBot only has 3 weeks till release and wants to fit in another character. However, it takes 4 weeks to create and perfect a character. Then they come up with the idea of Evil Cole who only takes 2 weeks because part of of his character model is built off of Good Cole. SuperBot either puts in no one of\r the put in another Cole. 

 

Now I know this isn't the case, but face it, developing Evil Cole most likely took much less time. So, instead of complaining about a character that didn't get in, learn to accept SuperBot's decision. 

 

And half of you don't realize that both Coles are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT aside from the appearance, which is slightly different as well. So grow up, and stop behaving like little children.

Message 59 of 116 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
491 posts
 

Re: Cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

Can I just ask a question, why don't they do it like Zelda/Shiek, wouldn't that make more sense, like you pick which cole you want at the beginning, it takes up 1 slot, but has two different forms. I think that is a fair comprimise.

Message 60 of 116 (45 Views)
Reply
0 Likes