Wastelander
557 posts

Re: cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

You guys are so narrow minded. It's not like they kicked a character out for this character. He's just an addition. You guys are mad at superbot for adding as much stuff as they can -_-

Message 41 of 116 (94 Views)
Sackboy
458 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

He's not a waste because if someone want's to play evil Cole because they thinks he is better than good Cole in the game. Now they can play evil Cole and no characters are getting replace.

Message 42 of 116 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1271 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Alonzo1948 wrote:

I just used Crash and Tomba as an example. Bottom line is that the time spent on developing Evil Cole could have been spent developing another character from another series. The only logical reason I can think of behind him being in this game is if Superbot was reaching a deadline to adding new characters and they squeezed him in last minute because he would be quicker/easier to develop since they already had the rights and voice actor for Cole. Either way, once he is officially announced we can ask Superbot the whole story behind his inclusion.

Alonzo1948 wrote:

I just used Crash and Tomba as an example. Bottom line is that the time spent on developing Evil Cole could have been spent developing another character from another series. The only logical reason I can think of behind him being in this game is if Superbot was reaching a deadline to adding new characters and they squeezed him in last minute because he would be quicker/easier to develop since they already had the rights and voice actor for Cole. Either way, once he is officially announced we can ask Superbot the whole story behind his inclusion.

Does it matter what the story was?
People are just **bleep** at the fact that InFamous gets 2 reps and idiots believe it replaces a character!

Superbot has been working on this game for over 2 years and you think they are running out of time? Especially when the leak was a pre-E3 build beta? Hilarious. InFamous Cole is a great addition to the roster with a unique personality and move-set that compliments Hero Cole and the series well! No character is wasted/replaced during the development  phase of any game as everything is developed by a team and not a ONE person. Again he is unique enough to not be a last minute addition.

Really that's the only logical reason you can think of for the main character of a series? Alright you can tell you spent a long and hard time thinking this out.

PlayStation All-Stars "Best In The World!"
Message 43 of 116 (89 Views)
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Aug 3, 2012

ok everyone who wants spyro or crash, think about it like this.

what if superbot said oooo we were thinking of crash or spyro but we thought evil cole and good cole makes more sence.

would you not be **bleep** at superbot?

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 44 of 116 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Why does everyone think Evil Cole didn't replace another character? With any fighting game with multiple characters and a deadline at some point in development they have to decide whether character A or B is going make it in the game because it has to be out by the end of the year. At some point, Superbot made a decision to do Evil Cole over another character that isn't in the game and the same thing is true for every character in the game. Superbot doesn't have unlimited time and I believe they should've picked a character from a series not yet represented to be in the game.

I KNOW Evil Cole is totally different from Good Cole and I'm not saying he is a waste of space from a gameplay point of view. I just think that by having a character from a different series, they could have made the game more appealing to a wider range of gamers. 

Message 45 of 116 (73 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

Alonzo1948 wrote:

Why does everyone think Evil Cole didn't replace another character? With any fighting game with multiple characters and a deadline at some point in development they have to decide whether character A or B is going make it in the game because it has to be out by the end of the year. At some point, Superbot made a decision to do Evil Cole over another character that isn't in the game and the same thing is true for every character in the game. Superbot doesn't have unlimited time and I believe they should've picked a character from a series not yet represented to be in the game.

I KNOW Evil Cole is totally different from Good Cole and I'm not saying he is a waste of space from a gameplay point of view. I just think that by having a character from a different series, they could have made the game more appealing to a wider range of gamers. 

ok but the DEVELOPERS put the deadline on the games so if superbot said this game has to be done by oct 23. WHY?!?!? if they cant put characters everyone wants in the game because of time contraints, THAN DELAY THE GAME !!! IT"S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

i would rather have the game delayed instead of them putting **bleep** rushed characters in that are 2 clone characters with different fx OOOOOOO!!!!

Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Message 46 of 116 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Re: Cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

Crash and Spyro are not owned by sony so if there not in the game it's not because they were replace by evil Cole it's because the other people that own them do not want Crash or Spyro in the game so it's not Superbot fault if Crash or Spyro or not in the game and I want Crash and Spyro in this game to but this could happen.

Evil Cole is not a waste.

Message 47 of 116 (55 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Re: Cole is not a waste

Aug 3, 2012

ok so what if they make a clone of another character? what will you all say then?

and then they do another one? and say OOO it's because of time contraints ooooo BS

Message 48 of 116 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Aug 3, 2012

SniperWolf323 wrote:

Alonzo1948 wrote:

ok but the DEVELOPERS put the deadline on the games so if superbot said this game has to be done by oct 23. WHY?!?!? if they cant put characters everyone wants in the game because of time contraints, THAN DELAY THE GAME !!! IT"S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

i would rather have the game delayed instead of them putting **bleep** rushed characters in that are 2 clone characters with different fx OOOOOOO!!!!

Who said Superbot gave themselves the deadline? The publisher, which is Sony Computer Entertainment, would be the one who gave them a deadline. I'm sure Sony wouldn't rush them to the point of creating a crappy game, but as a bussiness they would have to have some sort of deadline and with a deadline comes tough choices for everything from features to character selection.

Message 49 of 116 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1271 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

Sniperwolf shut the hell up and stop adding fuel to the fire of hate, you have no idea what you are talking about. The two characters aren't even clones so just s*tfu

Alonzo, in a game where it's the first one there are no replacements...Brawl..Brawl had replacements from Melee where Mewtwo was replaced by Lucario and Roy by Ike.

This game there are no replacements because they were never put into the game for any character to be replaced.

I can see that the company can never win because when Hero Cole was revealed everyone was complaining where is InFamous Cole why is he not there? Well then the leak happens and everyone complains about InFamous Cole. They have plenty of unknown or not very popular series but that doesn't mean the whole game should be filled with them either.

Superbot doesn't have unlimited time and whoever said that has no idea how to make a game or the process. But they did have a lot of time. People complain about InFamous Cole now because there favorite character didn't make it or wasn't leaked.

The general audience would much rather play a bada** character who shoots red lighting and fire out of his body then some gecko who never really had a popular game. This game isn't only selling to the current fans of PlayStation but to possible new fans. The wider range of gamers is the general audience..

PlayStation All-Stars "Best In The World!"
Message 50 of 116 (44 Views)
0 Likes