Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Re: acursedone and I vs. dabuz18 and heavyjugz

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

2:35 I should have used my lvl 1 instead of waiting to get my lvl 2. I probably would have gotten a double kill for less AP.

9:34 I shouldn't have double sniped, as you were in a pretty good postion to combo fat princess after the first snipe.

10:54 I failed to notice fat princess charging up her wand.

12:40 I probably shouldn't have jumped off the platform during the lvl 3, doubt it would have saved me either way though.

28:20 I left myself vulnerable for his lvl 1.

37:08 I don't think you should have caked him (specially not that high up) but rather should have attempted to control the ground.

It is easier for me to criticize myself, than you.

Message 11 of 25 (113 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Feb 4, 2013

You lost because you became predictable. You always resorted to backing up against a wall; that's not going to work against highly mobile Cole players and Fat Princess players who know how to break through defences. You should've used your spawn point more often.

However, that's easy to point out afterwards. During a match, you don't really have time to think about it.

Message 12 of 25 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Dang. You tried your best, I guess. I would fight differently, but I might have high chance of losing though. Could it be a bad matchups? EC and FP are definitely tough characters to fight imo. 

I could use some of your opinion. I always thought Sackboy should attack from long range while supporting his "close-range" teammate who should dominate the battle in 2 vs 2 matches. I always go to find a secured place, set up a electric pad, use a fan, throw some jam session, and throw the cake. Rinse and repeat unless... someone is about to go into my territory. I'm always prepared to set up some combo starting with electric pad or rocket. Then I send them back into their turf. What did you think of this decent strategy?

@Matt, thank for the info! I wonder how he's in the loser tourney in the first place if he's the top EC player. 

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 13 of 25 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7194 posts

Feb 4, 2013

FredFai wrote:

Dang. You tried your best, I guess. I would fight differently, but I might have high chance of losing though. Could it be a bad matchups? EC and FP are definitely tough characters to fight imo. 

I could use some of your opinion. I always thought Sackboy should attack from long range while supporting his "close-range" teammate who should dominate the battle in 2 vs 2 matches. I always go to find a secured place, set up a electric pad, use a fan, throw some jam session, and throw the cake. Rinse and repeat unless... someone is about to go into my territory. I'm always prepared to set up some combo starting with electric pad or rocket. Then I send them back into their turf. What did you think of this decent strategy?

@Matt, thank for the info! I wonder how he's in the loser tourney in the first place if he's the top EC player. 

Is 2v2 FFA? You can be the best on this world or the next but 2 will always beat 1 if your partner isn't doing good right? 

Sleep Matt signature
Message 14 of 25 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Feb 4, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

FredFai wrote:

Is 2v2 FFA? You can be the best on this world or the next but 2 will always beat 1 if your partner isn't doing good right? 

Yup, it's a different world, and I prefer 2 vs 2. Woah, that last comment isn't true. We always should have a backup plan if our partner is KOed. With some oppurunities opened, you can win against two alone. Just not always or most of the time. 

Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Message 15 of 25 (74 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Feb 4, 2013
@Levi Yeah I noticed how predictable I was after the match, during the match I just thought that I didn't want them to tocuh me, which was a mistake. There is always a next time though, you learn from your mistakes. I would say these matches did not represent the best of my abilities at all though.

@Fredfai Pretty decent strategy. In fact his basic strategy. You should keep that one up. And yeah after watching I could have done better. I think the only 2 good things I did was when I actually got my level 3 and electric pad Fat Princess afterwards and saved my partner from EC level 1 in the last match. Everything else just made me seem like a skilled spammer.
Message 16 of 25 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Feb 4, 2013
You were Sackboy. I dont expect hardcore melee from you. You had the right plan, just had a few holes.

When I fight (1v1) I look at all the space (arena) I have to work with and get around things, I dont just put a target on my opponent and charge in blindly.

Dabuz did what I would have: find openings. Its impossible to cover all space at once for any character.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 17 of 25 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Feb 4, 2013
I think my strategy on San Fran was the best, and yes I admit there were holes. And you can say that I look nothing like this in 1v1. remember our Sackboy vs. Nariko match?
Message 18 of 25 (41 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Hel yeah! Honestly I was **bleep** surprised that match. You completely dodged my lvl 3 & got yours. You outplayed me that match completely lol I never fought a Sackboy like that.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 19 of 25 (32 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Believe or not Nariko is the one matchup I know next to nothing about, I was suprised I even won. I only fought one other Nariko 1v1, who easily beat me. You were the second Nariko user I have ever fought in this game, so when I saw you pick her, I thought I was going to lose XD.
Message 20 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes