Treasure Hunter
5262 posts

Re: Your stories/memories with the characters in PS Allstars.

Nov 17, 2012

Jak and Daxter enough said. Ive actually tired myself out by talking about Jak so much by replying to multiple igonorant, immature and childish people everywhere so Im just going to say Jak is the most badass character you and I will ever know on PS2. When I say badass, I literally mean hes a badass character who gets **bleep** done and doesn't let anybody get in his way. Not in a bad way, in a good way because he is still a charming character who cares about his friends and other people. If anybody wants to disagree with me I will quote down lines from Jak II, Jak 3 and Jak X that proves he is a charming and caring char still(just saying).

But yeah Jak and Daxter ultimate nostalgia, favorite moments within all 4 original games and sick OST. Everything else Ill explain another time.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

Nov 17, 2012

It was crash that got me hooked on playsation my fave ps1 game was ape escape for the ps2 it was jak II and now with he ps3 Uncharted 2:among thieves

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 17, 2012

well since this is only based on confirmed characters..

ps1

-Twisted Metal 1 was the very first game i got when i got the playstation when it first came out, yep i had the box version with built in cd playing capabilities. but i loved the series and i played all of them and i have all except 3 and 4 because according to David Jaffe and Scott Cambell they weren't part of the series. and they were made by a defferent developer.

-Medievil i played because i had a demo disc with it and i was just a kid so i could never just get it on my own but it was a cool game.

-Tekken was a game i played at my cousin's house and it was very fun for me. most notable game for me was Tekken 3 because i felt it was the best one. later when Soul Calibur 2 came out on the PS2 i was glad Heihachi was in it because it was like old times.

PS2

-Ratchet & Clank is my favorite series along with Twisted Metal, i played R&C from the first game all the way to All4One and it brought me so many good and hilarious memories.

-Sly Cooper was a great game but i never got that far since i had only rented it but it was very enjoyable.

#ClownTroops
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Nov 17, 2012
I've grown up with Spike and Sir Daniel, rarely has a year gone by when I haven't dusted off their classics! Anyone who played Medievil as a child I hope became like me, scarred for life, after seeing the Stained Glass Demon boss come alive and feeling it's scream crashing through their whole body, still to this day I get the chills! The final battle too, when the armies march out and you just know this is what you've been fighting for. Wow MediEvil had some atmosphere didn't it?
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1415 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Parappa I discovered through the demo disc that came with the original PS1 and initially I had no idea what to do. Thought the game was still in a cutscene when it started up :smileytongue:

Discovered MediEvil and Ape Escape when I started getting PS magazines with demo discs and really loving the demos of both. Had a lot of fun times with both games. Even vaguely remember buying MediEvil from a small independent games shop in the middle of nowhere for some reason.

Raiden I will always associate with the weirdness that is the ending scenes of MGS2, which **bleep** everyone else off it seems but I loved the absurdity of it all. The Codec calls from the Colonel were equally creepy and hilarious and, believe it or not, one of my favourite moments in gaming ever, just because of how unexpected and silly it was.

Playing the first Jak & Daxter after a strange New Years Eve where we and the neighbours all got together and had a barbeque in the snow. First taste of mulled wine ever, and as such I'm reminded of mulled wine every time I see Dark Eco. Strange association, I know.

Marvelling at the worlds of Ratchet & Clank and realising that Insomniac had excelled themselves after Spyro and made a fun and hilarious series that quicky became one of my favourite franchises.

While I'd enjoyed Uncharted 1, it was Uncharted 2 that really grabbed my attention. The helicopter fight on the roof, the train section, the yetis, just so much stuff blew me away.

Playing LBP for the first time because it looked like a fun little game, and discovering that Stephen Fry did the tutorial narration was just wonderful.

Those are the things that stand out for me.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Emmett Graves
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
371 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Omega_Rez wrote:

well since this is only based on confirmed characters..

ps1

-Twisted Metal 1 was the very first game i got when i got the playstation when it first came out, yep i had the box version with built in cd playing capabilities. but i loved the series and i played all of them and i have all except 3 and 4 because according to David Jaffe and Scott Cambell they weren't part of the series. and they were made by a defferent developer.

-Medievil i played because i had a demo disc with it and i was just a kid so i could never just get it on my own but it was a cool game.

-Tekken was a game i played at my cousin's house and it was very fun for me. most notable game for me was Tekken 3 because i felt it was the best one. later when Soul Calibur 2 came out on the PS2 i was glad Heihachi was in it because it was like old times.

PS2

-Ratchet & Clank is my favorite series along with Twisted Metal, i played R&C from the first game all the way to All4One and it brought me so many good and hilarious memories.

-Sly Cooper was a great game but i never got that far since i had only rented it but it was very enjoyable.

Well if anyone has any interesting stories on the DLC characters, I read that some people are now playing Starhawk because Emmet is going to be in the game. I think that's interesting.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes