Nov 17 2012
By: Go_Buddie_Go Hekseville Citizen 373 posts

Your stories/memories with the characters in PS Allstars.

15 replies 223 views Edited Nov 17, 2012

I just thought I'd make a thread where people can share their experiences with all these characters in Playstation Allstars.

Like for me and the Uncharted games, I was recommended the game from a co-worker, she told me about it, and I was a bit skeptical, but I went out and bought Drake's Fortune, and have been a fan ever since.

Another example. I was around maybe 10 and I have never played the full game MediEvil but Sir Dan is just such a memorable character, from how goofy, and clumsy he is. I only had the demo for MediEvil and I played it daily for like a month straight. Lolol.

Sweet Tooth, ohh Sweet Tooth is my favorite character, he is the one I currently have the most history with. Having Twisted Metal being among the first games I played on my Playstation, and with Twisted Metal 2 being my favorite. Again I was still very young at the time.

Just would like to hear how you folks came to know these characters, and if you have some interesting stories to share? Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 16 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Re: Your stories/memories with the characters in PS Allstars.

Nov 17, 2012
well i grew up on twisted metal, spyro crash.. granturismo =D
then on the ps2 i loved playing jak on my cousins ps2 * i didint buy a ps2 till 2007 hahaha year latter i got my ps3* =D
Message 2 of 16 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Lolol. I remember my parents playing a prank on me during Christmas when I got my PS2. They were all like, we didn't get you it, and so as I'm disappointed they told me to grab the presents behind the tree, as I went back there to my surprise I found a PS2  with Jak and Daxter! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 16 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
251 posts

Nov 17, 2012
My first playstation game was the original ratchet and clank. I had to be 6 or 7 years old. That was so freakin hard back then. I remember my dad couldn't figure out how to save games so we would have to start from the beginning everytime we turned it on. Those were simpler times.
Message 4 of 16 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Grew up with god of war, got the first one on my birthday. loved it ever since <3

oh, did i mention my birthday is March 22nd? guess what day GoW 1 came out. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Oh, man. I have so many good memories.

I had a demo disc back in the day that had Parappa and MediEvil on it, and me and my brother both played the heck out of all of them. It also had demos for Tomb Raider and Croc, but they were kind of obtuse. =\

Twisted Metal was one of my first games back on the PS1, and oh man was it glorious. THat game spun proud in my PS1 unchallenged for close to a year until we got Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. I was always Hammerhead, but when my MOM became the champion using him, and forbade anyone else from doing so, I switched to Sweet Tooth, and never looked back.

Later I got to play MediEvil 2, and I loved every second of it, despite any odd quirks the gameplay itself would've had. It really was an awesome game.

As for the others, I've never been the biggest fan of God of War or Uncharted, but InFamous was one of the first PS3 games I ever played, and I found myself blown away by it's awesomeness. I got InFamous 2 the first chance I got, and it was amazing.

I've been playing Tekken since the first one came to PS1 as well, and I've been maining Heihachi for years. The hammy old man has been my favorite since the beginning. Toro, I first saw in Street Fighter X Tekken, like most of you, but I found myself enjoying playing as him a tad too much, since my friends hated when I did it, since Toro is way too small for a fair fight. It was awesome. 8D
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 6 of 16 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Oh, the sweet sweet memories

of unloading entire clips into Radec.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 7 of 16 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Nov 17, 2012
We need Leisure Suit Larry in this! LSL for DLC!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 8 of 16 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I was 3 when i was playing crash games in 2001.I loved them.Because of them i love Playstation.1 year later we bought the PS2.Didn't get any games.Just a movie.My dad's logic.However in christmas i un-wrapped a present, The game was Ratchet and Clank(The 1st one).I absolutely loved it.Blowing enemies up always made me giggle back then.All the guns was badass and ratchet and clank were badass.Since then i have bought every ratchet and clank game.Everyone one.I'm now 14.I'm not reallly interested in fighting games.But i kind of made a oath that i will buy EVERY game which has Ratchet and Clank in it.Well played Superbot.Well Played.However i played the beta of this game and i love it!FOUR MORE FREAKING DAYS!!!

Ratchet beats the crap out of Jak 21/11/12
Message 9 of 16 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 17, 2012
twisted metal on the ps1,
those games, along with crash games,
filled my childhood with joy,
even back then i liked playing as the clown in an ice cream truck,
when i heard about the reboot,
i was throwing money at my monitor XD

heavenly sword,
no my first ps3 game, but my first favorite,
excelent story, wonderful mocap and acting,
and gameplay that made me come back for more...
Play For Fun!
Message 10 of 16 (134 Views)
0 Likes