Wastelander
682 posts

Re: Your "gut-feeling" March DLC Characters?

Feb 12, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I'd disagree - SuperBot/Sony tried to get old Dante, and were given DmC Dante by Capcom. The same case is probably true with Raiden (considering Snake's inclusion in SSBB), and Bioshock is only represented because Irrational Games requested it. It's a lot more to do with choices of the IP owners, which make it really difficult for negotiations to take place. We've just recently heard they also asked Crystal Dynamics for permission to include Lara Croft, which they denied due to having their own reboot in development. Team ICO didnt want ICO or SotC rep'd because they didn't want their games artistic value to be lost. There are a lot of these failed negotiations that have occurred, but we see it for face value - that the game lacks 'icons', and only contains recent faces & promotional characters. The PS1 was dominated by third party mascots that the IP owners either have moved on from or have others plans for e.g. FF with Cloud, Activision with Crash etc. To add, the first party roster is actually spot on, containing all the most popular characters from the PS2 - PS3. The reason I leave out PS1 is because first party characters from the PS1 era are considered to be obsecure in comparison to the many third party games of the time. Although Parappa is pretty big in Japan, and Sir Dan is a great & unexpected choice.

I read  this 3 times and you pretty much backed up my previous comment. do i believe that the 3rd party characters are poorly represented in this game? 100% yes. but not even for a second did i ever believe it was sony/superbot's fault.

also i lol'd at the team ICO thing. sony shouldve just told them to stop acting like babies and just suck it up Smiley Tongue

COME ON, PRINNY FOR PASBR!!
Message 61 of 83 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Oh no, my point is - these games may be in for advertising purposes from third party studios perspectives, but from Sony/SuperBot's, they mean more then that, and we should be thinking like that.

Tekken - Longtime exclusive since the PS1 era
Bioshock - The present & future of Playstation
Devil May Cry - Exclusive series on the PS2 that achieved cult status.
Metal Gear Solid - Associated with the Playstation brand through all generations.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 62 of 83 (204 Views)
Wastelander
818 posts

Feb 12, 2013

circa115 wrote:

Vergil and Lightning 

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120814105741/devilmaycry/images/a/a8/Vergil_dmc.jpg http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ffr1_thumb.jpg        

or

Crash and Spyro

or... well thats all i can think of right now

This would be great, but it'd almost be too good to be true.

Message 63 of 83 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
682 posts

Feb 12, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Oh no, my point is - these games may be in for advertising purposes from third party studios perspectives, but from Sony/SuperBot's, they mean more then that, and we should be thinking like that.

Tekken - Longtime exclusive since the PS1 era
Bioshock - The present & future of Playstation
Devil May Cry - Exclusive series on the PS2 that achieved cult status.
Metal Gear Solid - Associated with the Playstation brand through all generations.

Tekken- you got that.

Bioshock- what future, Move support on Infinite? or MAYBE a future bioshock game on the vita? Your previous comment about Bioshock's developer requesting Big daddy is a better argument than that.

DMC- Doesn't count. 2 completely different dantes from different univ. (Capcom's words.)

MGS- psh, c'monnn. you and I both know Raiden is was chosen because of revengance Smiley Tongue

Message 64 of 83 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Chimera and joel

Message 65 of 83 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Bioshock - We CAN compare it to Snakes inclusion in Brawl, as Kojima requested the inclusion rather then them asking for it, but we still should remember Sony has exclusive rights with Irrational Games over the Bioshock series, meaning these perks aren't just random. To add, in my opinion Bioshock Vita is a pretty big thing for the handheld.
Devil May Cry - While true, Sony went in requesting old Dante, and therefore the Dante included now is in for that very reason, not because of DmC (from Sony/SuperBots perspective).
Metal Gear Solid - Same as above really.
Message 66 of 83 (177 Views)
Wastelander
682 posts

Feb 13, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Bioshock - We CAN compare it to Snakes inclusion in Brawl, as Kojima requested the inclusion rather then them asking for it, but we still should remember Sony has exclusive rights with Irrational Games over the Bioshock series, meaning these perks aren't just random. To add, in my opinion Bioshock Vita is a pretty big thing for the handheld.
Devil May Cry - While true, Sony went in requesting old Dante, and therefore the Dante included now is in for that very reason, not because of DmC (from Sony/SuperBots perspective).

Bioshock- Please tell me wha perks? Move support, big deal. bioshock vita, last i checked they werent even making that yet because sony has to give the green light. I would've given you the point for Bioshock like i did for Heiachi(sp?) if it wasn't for not 1 but 2 Infinite levels. I get them requesting for him to be featured, but personally 2 infinte stages just leave a bad taste in my mouth and just scream " HEY GUYS, DONT FORGET THAT BIOSHOCK INFINITE IS ALSO COMING OUT!!"

dante- okay, they can think that but at the end of the day they still added a random character who didnt even have one game released at the time and labeled him a "Playstation All Star."

raiden- While not a random character, we all know he was only chosen because of Revengance and if they ever denied that I'd call shenanigans.

we obviously dont agree on this topic but I do respect your opinon. Lets just agree to disagree, ok?

Message 67 of 83 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 13, 2013
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Message 68 of 83 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Feb 13, 2013
I have a feeling it's going to be Abe. Maybe it's Crash...a guy can dream.
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 69 of 83 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
497 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Bioshock- Please tell me wha perks? Move support, big deal. bioshock vita, last i checked they werent even making that yet because sony has to give the green light. I would've given you the point for Bioshock like i did for Heiachi(sp?) if it wasn't for not 1 but 2 Infinite levels. I get them requesting for him to be featured, but personally 2 infinte stages just leave a bad taste in my mouth and just scream " HEY GUYS, DONT FORGET THAT BIOSHOCK INFINITE IS ALSO COMING OUT!!"

dante- okay, they can think that but at the end of the day they still added a random character who didnt even have one game released at the time and labeled him a "Playstation All Star."

raiden- While not a random character, we all know he was only chosen because of Revengance and if they ever denied that I'd call shenanigans.

we obviously dont agree on this topic but I do respect your opinon. Lets just agree to disagree, ok?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't want to start up the fight again, but I have to bring up something that I find irratating that people keep doing.

Taking the name "PlayStation All-Star" too seriously.

I also hate to compare it to Smash Bros, but in this case we have to. If we were to take the name "Super Smash Bros" as serious as people are taking "PS All-Stars", characters like Zelda, Peach and Samus should not "qualify" because they aren't "Bros". Or even if you take it literally as in taking the name from Mario Bros, then no character outside of the Mario Bros franchise should be in the game.

It's situations like this that I wish Sony came up with a more original name for the game so people wouldn't take the "All-Star" thing so seriously.

And then applying it to the Dante situation. He is still part of the DmC franchise, it's his latest incarnation. If people are mad that it's his latest version. Then why aren't people **bleep** off about them using the newest incarnation of Sweet Tooth where he is a serial killer with a mask instead of a clown with fire like he was in the older Twisted Metal games

It's just a case of what the latest rendition of a character is. And it's just a sad coincidence many people don't like the newest incarnation. But if there was a game like an actual Devil May Cry 5, and they re-designed Dante a bit, we would have gotten that design as well, even if All-Stars came out before Devil May Cry 5.  (And this is all coming from a guy who hasn't played a single DmC game, nor am I interested in playing any of them)

Like I said, it's a case of them using every character's newest design. It's just too bad that this game and the DmC reboot, that not a lot of people like,  were in development and coming out at relatively the same time

photo Deadpool_zpsa17e78d8.gif
Message 70 of 83 (119 Views)