Splicer
81 posts

Re: Your prediction of the game's sales?

Aug 9, 2012
i think this games going to do awesome
Message 31 of 47 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Aug 9, 2012

A million copies.

Message 32 of 47 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Aug 9, 2012

It'll do good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 33 of 47 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Aug 9, 2012
If I'm honest, I don't think it will sell that great on initial release. Quite an odd time to release a game, would've expected late November early December, then there is that assumption that it is a rip off which still plagues a lot of the gaming community who havn't researched it properly. I think it will come down to PS enthusiasts and people who are getting into Sony consoles. I do think it will warrant a sequel because it is a good idea and I doubt that SuperBot will want to begin a new franchise when they have such a good starting point for a long, and hopefully, successful series.
JJWheatley-Sig2.png
Message 34 of 47 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Yeah, Count, I thought you were citing that exact article, actually. I don't trust it unless it's out of Sakurai's mouth, however. 2013 may be a placeholder, but I think it'll roll over into 2014 (though Namco's assistance will speed it up considerably.)
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 35 of 47 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Aug 9, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Yeah, Count, I thought you were citing that exact article, actually. I don't trust it unless it's out of Sakurai's mouth, however. 2013 may be a placeholder, but I think it'll roll over into 2014 (though Namco's assistance will speed it up considerably.)

I agree. I thought 2013 would be very rushed, especially since he actually started development only early this year after Kid Icarus: Uprising was finished. I was just mainly displaying what the article said, although I'm willing to concur that it's fake. And can tell Namco's involvement will improve the quality of the series much better, especially since we have developers from Tekken and SoulCalibur on board. Smiley Wink

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 36 of 47 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 9, 2012
My only question is why Sakurai wouldn't add more characters. If Namco can almost perfectly balance a 50 character roster without many clones, why can't they do so with SSB, especially now that the WiiU is presumably going to have updates.
ecdf9e46
Message 37 of 47 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Aug 9, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
My only question is why Sakurai wouldn't add more characters. If Namco can almost perfectly balance a 50 character roster without many clones, why can't they do so with SSB, especially now that the WiiU is presumably going to have updates.

Actually, I don't thick that quote really meant that there would be no more characters. I think it was just a really bad way of saying that he wants to focus on implementing original features rather than just completely focus on new characters. Not to mention that he has already made polls on the internet including characters people might want to see.

Besides, you have to think of the logic behind not including any more new characters in a series like Smash Bros. It's simply inhumane when you think about it.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 38 of 47 (46 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Aug 9, 2012
I'm betting 230k first week.
Message 39 of 47 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Well I was referring more to how he said they were near their peak as far as characters go. I'd like to see them get rid of clones, and I'd be happy with the 36ish they're at now.
ecdf9e46
Message 40 of 47 (34 Views)
0 Likes