Sackboy
563 posts

Re: Your prediction of the game's sales?

Aug 9, 2012
If about a million vitas have been sold then maybe 200-300 thousand copies on vita. On ps3 most likely 2-4.5 million
Message 21 of 47 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 9, 2012

CountMario wrote:
Not even half of the sales SSB4'll get, sadly. But it'll still get decent enough sales on its own, enough to deserve a sequel.

I'm not too sure about this, Count.  Normally I'd agree, but SSB isn't a launch title for the WiiU, and I know literally nobody who is even considering one, including a number of hardcore Smash fans.  I personally think the WiiU is going to fail horribly with its current launch lineup, because there aren't enough big games for it that will sell a console (I don't know anybody that would buy it for only Rayman, NSMBU, and a bunch of games that are already out on 360/PS3).  I think Smash4 will sell slightly above Melee but slightly below Brawl's numbers, assuming that there's no massive change that gets more people into it.  That's around 8-9 million, and I'm thinking PSAS could contend with that IF the game is good enough.  By "good enough" I mean it isn't broken and doesn't get **bleep** reviews from a lot of people only because it's a SSBesque party fighter.

Theyr'e not in direct competition with one another, and PS3 has about as many dedicated fanboys as the Wii does, so I can believe Battle Royale hitting 5-6 million over the course of its life.  At the game's launch, I'm not expecting more than 1-2 million, though.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 22 of 47 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

For us PS fans, it will largely depend on the roster. We already have some heavy hitters like Kratos and Nathan Drake in there, so I think it's safe to say this game will break 2 million on PS3. Hard to say how much the Vita version will do; if Sony does make a PS3 & Vita Value pack, that'll definitey increase the community for this game.

Message 23 of 47 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Aug 9, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

For us PS fans, it will largely depend on the roster. We already have some heavy hitters like Kratos and Nathan Drake in there, so I think it's safe to say this game will break 2 million on PS3. Hard to say how much the Vita version will do; if Sony does make a PS3 & Vita Value pack, that'll definitey increase the community for this game.

I think buying the digital version lets you play on both platforms? Or am I thinking of other games?

Message 24 of 47 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Aug 9, 2012

unbreakable13 wrote:

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I think buying the digital version lets you play on both platforms? Or am I thinking of other games?

I think you're talking about Sound Shapes.

I highly expect a bundle like Sony did with MLB 12 The Show, though. Both versions for $80 or something like that. Makes tons of sense.

Message 25 of 47 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Aug 9, 2012

3-4 million would be a reasonable estimate.

Message 26 of 47 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

CountMario wrote:
Not even half of the sales SSB4'll get, sadly. But it'll still get decent enough sales on its own, enough to deserve a sequel.

I'm not too sure about this, Count.  Normally I'd agree, but SSB isn't a launch title for the WiiU, and I know literally nobody who is even considering one, including a number of hardcore Smash fans.  I personally think the WiiU is going to fail horribly with its current launch lineup, because there aren't enough big games for it that will sell a console (I don't know anybody that would buy it for only Rayman, NSMBU, and a bunch of games that are already out on 360/PS3).  I think Smash4 will sell slightly above Melee but slightly below Brawl's numbers, assuming that there's no massive change that gets more people into it.  That's around 8-9 million, and I'm thinking PSAS could contend with that IF the game is good enough.  By "good enough" I mean it isn't broken and doesn't get **bleep** reviews from a lot of people only because it's a SSBesque party fighter.

Theyr'e not in direct competition with one another, and PS3 has about as many dedicated fanboys as the Wii does, so I can believe Battle Royale hitting 5-6 million over the course of its life.  At the game's launch, I'm not expecting more than 1-2 million, though.

I personally also doubt that. The 3DS was in the same position, but now it has a bunch of great games and I'm seeing a bunch of people using and getting it nowadays. Besides, Wii U does have a bit more of a good launch line-up with Mario, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Zombi U, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition for Nintendo fans who couldn't get any Batman games, Project P-100, Game & Wario, etc. I know the Wii U isn't in the best position, but I definitely don't think it is anything like you put it. I've even seen a bunch of fellows on this forum waiting to buy it at launch or just waiting until the next 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Smash Bros. And you also can't forget that SSB4 is debuting on 3DS and Wii U which increases it sales. Sakurai even just confirmed that it'll come out in 2013, which is much closer to the launch window than expected.

I'm not saying PSAS doesn't have enough fans, of course not. I just think it's kind of common knowledge that with a developed series like Smash, it'll sell much better than a debuting fighting franchise. I think the sales will be much more comparable when the sequel arrives IMO. I now think that saying it'll only get less than half the sales is too harsh, but I still don't think it'll be in a comparable range.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 27 of 47 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Aug 9, 2012
I agree it won't be comparable, but I thought half was a bit too low (ironic, because 5 million shouldn't be low for ANY fighting game...).

Also, when did Sakurai say 2013? I remember he said he wanted it to come out as soon as possible, but then the next week he asked for patience, in response to a question about whether it'd be out in 2014. And I also don't believe the 3DS version will be the same as the WiiU version of SSB4, only because of the 3DS' technical limitations (not to down the handheld in any way). I have a feeling that promise will change and Sakurai will go back on his word, because of this main reason: No 3DS cartridge breaks 4 GB, and all but one haven't broken 2GB of total memory. Remember that Brawl took a double-layered Wii Optical Disc (which is around 8 GB of memory). Add in the fact that the Wii U Optical Disc is essentially a Blu-Ray disc (25GB per disc and can be multi-layered), and I don't believe for a moment that the 3DS version will be the same, at least until I see proof.

I do think the 3DS version will actually outsell the WiiU version, though.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 28 of 47 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Aug 9, 2012

DisturbedSavio wrote:
Playstation Move Heroes sold more than that.

I think it'll sell millions thanks to all the characters.

Hey, predictions do differ.

The game you stated sold 110,000 worldwide according to VGChartz (which was far lower than my max. expectations) 

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45677/playstation-move-heroes/

I think it will probably touch a million worldwide. Maybe 1.5-2 million.

Message 29 of 47 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I agree it won't be comparable, but I thought half was a bit too low (ironic, because 5 million shouldn't be low for ANY fighting game...).

Also, when did Sakurai say 2013? I remember he said he wanted it to come out as soon as possible, but then the next week he asked for patience, in response to a question about whether it'd be out in 2014. And I also don't believe the 3DS version will be the same as the WiiU version of SSB4, only because of the 3DS' technical limitations (not to down the handheld in any way). I have a feeling that promise will change and Sakurai will go back on his word, because of this main reason: No 3DS cartridge breaks 4 GB, and all but one haven't broken 2GB of total memory. Remember that Brawl took a double-layered Wii Optical Disc (which is around 8 GB of memory). Add in the fact that the Wii U Optical Disc is essentially a Blu-Ray disc (25GB per disc and can be multi-layered), and I don't believe for a moment that the 3DS version will be the same, at least until I see proof.

I do think the 3DS version will actually outsell the WiiU version, though.

Actually, recently in an interview. At the bottom, it said that SSB4 was slated for 2013. I know it sounds rushed, trust me, but that's what it says. Of course, this could just be IGN assuming things like usual. Sorry, for acting like it was definitely true to a point. But I don't see why they would include this with an interview, unless they are that stubborn, which they could be.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/masahiro-sakurai-talks-super-smash-bros-4

And I also agree with what you said with the 3DS, I was just saying that SSB4 isn't solely dependent on the Wii U version.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 30 of 47 (87 Views)
0 Likes