Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Re: Your Most Overated game or series?

Oct 23, 2012

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:
Killzone has the **bleep**tiest aiming controls and mechanics ive ever played. it felt like i was inside a washing machine on cycle while trying to aim

If only that were true. Lol xD

Message 61 of 71 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:
Killzone has the **bleep**tiest aiming controls and mechanics ive ever played. it felt like i was inside a washing machine on cycle while trying to aim

If only that were true. Lol xD

Would make it a bit more interesting.. haha.
I find it funny that Radec has such good accuracy BD

Message 62 of 71 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Call of duty and Madden

I mean Thre the same thing every year

Message 63 of 71 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Re: Your Most Overrated game or series?

Oct 23, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Oh please, spare us. With how much you are praising it, there is no way you aren't caught up in it. Here's something funny, there is no one 'best' way to tell a story. There are things called first-person, second-person, and third-person. Take a guess what they are supposed to be. Only one of them is not used in novels anymore, and I certainly hope not in gaming (but that storybook or whatever it was called looks worrisome).

I'm actually not caught up on it. Dreamfall is still my favorite story-based game ever, and even then it had lots of cutscenes. However when it comes to interaction between character/player motivation and story, 'nobody has beaten Half-Life'. What I mean by this is, when its less of the character's motivation on screen, and more the motivation as you of a player. Legend of Zelda's another great example of this even with its cutscenes.

Yeah, some cutscene games are great. Except for quick time events, which in comparision is like Nutella to the gaming industry.

And again sometimes first person falls flat on its face in the story department. See every game made by Bethesda ever (Except for Dishonored, that was okay).

(Psychonauts is also a heavy story based game and I reccomend it to anyone who isn't a tosspot and dutifully faps over FF7. Just putting that out there.)

Since you seem to be sticking to ZP's view of Uncharted, I will remind you of what he said about Half-life in a general sense. You find your own immersion in it. Whether it is rage at the soldiers killing scientists or joy at getting to blow them all up. Is there still a story in it? Yes, there is, and this was especially focused on in the second game. It isn't that 'nobody has beaten Half-Life.' It is just that their way of telling the story worked especially well because all players could try and enjoy it for different reasons whether those reasons were for the story or the gameplay.

Now, as for the second part... I'm in the middle as far as cutscenes go. In my opinion, no cutscenes at all is much better than ones that are far too long. This also goes for too many cutscenes. However, I am still fine with having cutscenes, and it is just a different way of telling a story. Also, I am not a big fan of QTEs at all.

Notice something? I am sharing my opinion here. I think that is what another problem here is, opinion. All of this boils down to opinion. Do you like story, gameplay, or a fine balance more? It is an opinion. That is all it is.

Now for your last part... I really, really wish I had played Psychonauts. It is one of those games that I look back and say 'How did I miss that gem? Darn it!' It is definitely one that I have to pick up in the future. Although I do not see why you had to throw an extra FF7 insult in there. Yes, Final Fantasy 7 is indeed EXTREMELY overrated, but it's not the worst thing in the history of gaming just because of its fanbase. Why did this even need to come up again? Do you just want the topic to switch over to that game? That topic was already held in a different and dead thread last I checked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laharl

Message 64 of 71 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Crash Bandicoot.

Oct 24, 2012

Crash Bandicoot.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Wassup?
Message 65 of 71 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Gotta go with Mario. All the games. If any of his games were made with a different character theyd be much less popular

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 66 of 71 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Yeah CoD. It's just been exposed as a corporate cash cow at this point, and people just lap up that milk!

It annoys me because a lot of people are just brainwashed by CoD, they think it's the only true fps. Activision have just created this cultural monopoly. Crysis 2 is much better than any CoD imo, and there are plenty of other examples.It also annoys me how it's a total bro game. It's like a game for meatheads who don't know anything else (or know very little) about games.

Also Legend of Dragoon. It just seems terribly overrated by fans. I tend to agree with it's critics absolutely. But that's just my opinion.

Message 67 of 71 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Call of duty is definitly the most overrated game of all time, yeah it's fun but it really is the same thing from the year before with slightly different guns and maps. It's pretty much like spending 60$ on a plastic box with new cover art on it.

But Fallout 3 is still an awesome game, regardless of what others think.

Message 68 of 71 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Goniloc wrote:

Gotta go with Mario. All the games. If any of his games were made with a different character theyd be much less popular

so true

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 69 of 71 (47 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I loved all the WWII COD's but not into it anymore. My personal choice would be Tekken. It was pretty good in the PS1 days... but man is it stale as hell now.

Message 70 of 71 (35 Views)
0 Likes