Re: Your Most Overated game or series?

Oct 23, 2012

Final Fantasy 7

Message 51 of 71 (112 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 23, 2012
Halo... i aint saying this cause no xbox owner can defend it, i fell its overrated imo. its great bit if it wasn't an exclusive it wouldn't be as rewarded as it is, except for halo 1 & 3, they deserve everything they got.

Wars... no one wants to remember. reach... meh. 2 wasn't as good as CE. ODST... why?

Wars and odst were just a milking scheme. they needed to put something out.

I played halo ce so much as a kid with my little brother, he wanted the xbox i didnt but when my mum gave in and got it even though we had the ps2 i was glad. it was the only game i played on the xbox then/
Message 52 of 71 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Oct 23, 2012
Assassins creed , **bleep** ai, Call of duty style game / graphics , there the same graphics since 2 more or less.. , game play wise they could have all been add on's past 2.. Bad parkour * play infamous and youl see how more fluid it is* bad game play.. the story stacks up but i want a game for GAME PLAY not story
Message 53 of 71 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Re: Your Most Overrated game or series?

Oct 23, 2012

Half-Life, Halo, CoD, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, Fallout, Batman, Assassin's Creed, Elder Scrolls, Portal, Shin Megami Tensei, Mass Effect, Tetris, Pong, Sports (I do mean the video game ones, calm down), Pac-man, Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, etc, etc...

Also, just because I say that they are overrated does not mean they are necessarily bad, just that they are overrated. Some of them might have bad games in the series, but that's about it. Also, I restricted the list to the series that I have played games from. I also am not listing every franchise that I have ever played.

Also, I get the feeling that some people here might be misunderstanding the meaning of overrated...

Oh, and one last thing...

MarrowOchi wrote:

See, I personally don't.. 'like', Half Life,

Oh please, spare us. With how much you are praising it, there is no way you aren't caught up in it. Here's something funny, there is no one 'best' way to tell a story. There are things called first-person, second-person, and third-person. Take a guess what they are supposed to be. Only one of them is not used in novels anymore, and I certainly hope not in gaming (but that storybook or whatever it was called looks worrisome).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laharl

Message 54 of 71 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Oct 23, 2012
I beg to differ ^^ all great novels are told from a 3rd perspective ... the only notable exception is the raven and tell tale heart..
Message 55 of 71 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Oct 23, 2012

frogmanlego wrote:
I beg to differ ^^ all great novels are told from a 3rd perspective ... the only notable exception is the raven and tell tale heart..

erm... I said only one of them are not used in novels anymore... I never said it was third person (which most novels are written in)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laharl

Message 56 of 71 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Oh please, spare us. With how much you are praising it, there is no way you aren't caught up in it. Here's something funny, there is no one 'best' way to tell a story. There are things called first-person, second-person, and third-person. Take a guess what they are supposed to be. Only one of them is not used in novels anymore, and I certainly hope not in gaming (but that storybook or whatever it was called looks worrisome).

I'm actually not caught up on it. Dreamfall is still my favorite story-based game ever, and even then it had lots of cutscenes. However when it comes to interaction between character/player motivation and story, 'nobody has beaten Half-Life'. What I mean by this is, when its less of the character's motivation on screen, and more the motivation as you of a player. Legend of Zelda's another great example of this even with its cutscenes.

Yeah, some cutscene games are great. Except for quick time events, which in comparision is like Nutella to the gaming industry.

And again sometimes first person falls flat on its face in the story department. See every game made by Bethesda ever (Except for Dishonored, that was okay).

(Psychonauts is also a heavy story based game and I reccomend it to anyone who isn't a tosspot and dutifully faps over FF7. Just putting that out there.)

Message 57 of 71 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Easily Final Fantasy, with Kingdom Hearts following it close by, then Call of Duty.

Message 58 of 71 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 23, 2012
WoW is over-rated? not ONCE have i ever heard people rave on and on about WoW, and ive played it religiously.

Its not over-rated.
Message 59 of 71 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 23, 2012
Killzone has the **bleep**tiest aiming controls and mechanics ive ever played. it felt like i was inside a washing machine on cycle while trying to aim
Message 60 of 71 (65 Views)
0 Likes