Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: Your Most Hated Character

Mar 31, 2013

Raiden, get hit by nearly any move of his when he has a level 1 or 2 means instant death.

Message 21 of 36 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9943 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Well of course he's not happy after he kills the gods. His family is still dead. And that's why he's always angry. Because no matter what he does, he can never be with them again.

Even the Game Directors of all of the GoW games (Except Ascension) said they don't believe Kratos could ever forgive himself. To have to harbor all that guilt, pain, and anger is a lot.

But there were times were he was portrayed as a caring guy. Like in Chains of Olympus. After FINALLY being reunited with his daughter, he has to abandon her after he promises to never leave her again. Kratos must leave his daughter forever so she could live. Do you realize how much sacrifice that would take? To have to give up the one thing you've been fighting for?

Or in God of War 3, how Pandora reminded him of his daughter Calliope. And Kratos decided he would rather find another way to open the box rather than sacrifice her. Even though there was no other way, he was willing to try and find one so Pandora could live.

And then in Ascension. He is portrayed as a very loving father. I won't spoil this one but he made a really tough decision. One that helped show a little more humanity in Kratos.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 22 of 36 (180 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Mar 31, 2013

SLY COOPER, he is invinsible,has a teleport, a global counter and steals ap. Why do they add invinsibilty to him????

and Kuro too!LombaxEmmett

Message 23 of 36 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
584 posts

Mar 31, 2013

I really hate Raiden... he has too many Hit Confirms, can button mash his way to level 1 and just dominate without effort. Atleast with Kratos, he needs a level 2 or above to kill you.

Message 24 of 36 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Bobthepetferret wrote:

nasrulez wrote:
Well when you have to wear the ashes of your dead family, a family you murdered, I don't see how you can be anything but angry.

I know Kratos always gets the "One dimensional character" thing, but he is one of gaming's most tortured individuals. And in Ascension, he did save a guy's life. Some guy was about to get killed by a Javelin and Kratos pushed him out of the way.

Kratos didn't know the guy or have a reason to save him, but he did. And while he would later go on to kill 2 innocent scribes in GoW2, he did save a guy's life.

Yes, I get that he's had a troubled past and that anyone else would be angry, but it's the fact that he's ALWAYS angry. Pointing out a few isolated incidents as tiny exceptions in the turbulent cycle of RAGE and being weary of RAGE doesn't particularly help the case that he doesn't really have any kind of character development at all.

He succeeds in his tasks of murdering the gods who toy with him, but is he happy about it? No. Does he learn to overcome his feelings of guilt and sorrow for the deaths of his family? No. Saving one guy's life whilst murdering pretty much everybody else in the vicinity doesn't redeem him in the slightest.

He IS a one-dimensional character, because he's angry at the start, remains angry throughout and even stays angry when he's achieved his goals. He's flat and uninteresting, and veers so much into just being a straight-up parody. I don't think he's cool, or edgy, or troubled, I find him hilariously bad.

So emotions are all that matters in a charater, please.   

Message 25 of 36 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Fat princess
Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 26 of 36 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Raiden and sly. Raiden can easily get AP to trap you in a corner, stun you, and kills you with his L1. Sly can teleport spam and always use you as an AP dispenser.
Message 27 of 36 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Hahaha get ready:

Kratos: I used to really hate him but now I realize I can just block his square mashing and follow with a good combo.

Radec: When playing free for all he's annoying because people keep falling in his line of fire and eventually he gets level 3 and kills everyone. When 1vs1 it's totally fine cause I know how to get to him easily. It's just when you play with other people that aren't that good and can't get out of the way.

Kat: I use Kat and I understand why people hate fighting her cause I hate fighting her too. She is super fast and has many many ways to get into a good combo that can fill a whole AP bar at once. Also her vortex is annoying cause they interfere with my vortexes and they interrupt your combos.

Zeus: Like Radec, when people constantly get caught in his lightning because they aren't as experienced, his AP goes through the roof. He gets level 3 very fast this way and everyone dies at least once with the potential of 3 times.

E. Cole: We all know why the notorious Evil Cole is disliked. His grenades for one are HUGEly annoying when making your way around the map. His kill confirm combo is a pain in the butt when you are in the middle of a combo with another opponent. Oh and his spammed skyward plasma things that collide and explode when you hit them are annoying.

Sly Cooper: Sly has an annoying electricity roll that stuns you which he spams because it gives like 30AP. Unless it was nerfed but I haven't payed much attention to them. His level 1 is annoying cause it starts from behind him so even if you are behind about to hit him you still get killed. Also when you're in level 3 he goes invisible and you don't know where he is to kill.

Well there are probably more but I'm too lazy to do them so yeah these are mine.
Message 28 of 36 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Also for the controversy over Nariko: I used to use her and got to a rank 70 red belt until I used Kat. Nariko takes a while to get used to because she isn't that fast, though her combos can be quite deadly, especially her launch grab. Then you get into level 3 and kill everyone. If anyone thinks she sucks and doesn't think you should worry about her, think again. Also I think there is a Nariko on the top 10 or 20 I think.
Message 29 of 36 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
384 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Kratos, because I hate him.

But also Sly with invisible+Murray
Message 30 of 36 (113 Views)
0 Likes