Wastelander
579 posts

Re: Your Most Hated Character

Mar 31, 2013
I hate fighting spikes more than anything. Especially ones that spam bananas and shock gun.
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 11 of 36 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7276 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Kratos.....snotty nose kratos...
Message 12 of 36 (253 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Mar 31, 2013
I hate Toro. He is the only character I haven't got at least level 10
Message 13 of 36 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Spike and Kat , just becouse I don't know what to do against them.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 36 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Mar 31, 2013

It's a tie between a spammy Kratos and a pro Sir Dan, to fight against.

Hated character to use is Nariko because I cannot use her for the life of me and her first 2 supers are easily avoidable.

Message 15 of 36 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9963 posts

Mar 31, 2013
I hate Jak. A zoner with great mobility is a bad day for me.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 16 of 36 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Oddly enough, Fat Princess. I can never figure out how to play well as her, and every time I fight against her, I always seem to be caught off guard by the villagers, and it drives me insane. Raiden and Kratos are annoying, but I can figure them out. FP continues to elude me AND I DON'T KNOW WHY D:

However, I still think Kratos is the character I hate the most as a character. He's so angry and moody all the time that it stops making him an interesting character with a troubled past and puts him right into self-parody. In fact, sometimes it's hard to separate the parodies (e.g. the webcomic Manly Men Doing Manly Things) from the actual character. The God of War games are pretty good hack and slash games, but my god, Kratos is an awful character.

Zeus joins him, but also has the added bonus of being unwanted and unnecessary in my eyes.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 17 of 36 (207 Views)
Last Guardian
9963 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Well when you have to wear the ashes of your dead family, a family you murdered, I don't see how you can be anything but angry.

I know Kratos always gets the "One dimensional character" thing, but he is one of gaming's most tortured individuals. And in Ascension, he did save a guy's life. Some guy was about to get killed by a Javelin and Kratos pushed him out of the way.

Kratos didn't know the guy or have a reason to save him, but he did. And while he would later go on to kill 2 innocent scribes in GoW2, he did save a guy's life.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 18 of 36 (192 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Mar 31, 2013

kratos.. soo fast, gets AP fast, has long reach .. annoying... hes actually the only one that bothers me..

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 19 of 36 (189 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Mar 31, 2013

nasrulez wrote:
Well when you have to wear the ashes of your dead family, a family you murdered, I don't see how you can be anything but angry.

I know Kratos always gets the "One dimensional character" thing, but he is one of gaming's most tortured individuals. And in Ascension, he did save a guy's life. Some guy was about to get killed by a Javelin and Kratos pushed him out of the way.

Kratos didn't know the guy or have a reason to save him, but he did. And while he would later go on to kill 2 innocent scribes in GoW2, he did save a guy's life.

Yes, I get that he's had a troubled past and that anyone else would be angry, but it's the fact that he's ALWAYS angry. Pointing out a few isolated incidents as tiny exceptions in the turbulent cycle of RAGE and being weary of RAGE doesn't particularly help the case that he doesn't really have any kind of character development at all.

He succeeds in his tasks of murdering the gods who toy with him, but is he happy about it? No. Does he learn to overcome his feelings of guilt and sorrow for the deaths of his family? No. Saving one guy's life whilst murdering pretty much everybody else in the vicinity doesn't redeem him in the slightest.

He IS a one-dimensional character, because he's angry at the start, remains angry throughout and even stays angry when he's achieved his goals. He's flat and uninteresting, and veers so much into just being a straight-up parody. I don't think he's cool, or edgy, or troubled, I find him hilariously bad.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 20 of 36 (184 Views)