Shinra Executive
42129 posts

Re: You know what this game needs?

Jul 15, 2012

UnleashedMonkey wrote:

why do we need a black person? why is it that everything always has to be about skin color and race -_- i hope that im alive when people have finally evovled enough not to give to **bleep** about the color of someones skin, though i highly doubt that time will ever come. mind you, im hispanic and as far as i know there is no video game or super hero that is spanish but idc, because thats not important

Why are you up in arms about a simple topic?  It's actually a valid point to bring up that the industry is severely lacking in the racial specturm when it comes to leads.  And there are people out there that do like to have some relation to the character they are playing.  I've talked to people who won't play a game because they're male and the main character is a female.  I don't think it's odd to see some people to want to play as a Black/Latino character in the lead role for a change.

And DC's current Blue Beetle and Marvel's White Tiger are of Latino/Hispanic descent.

Message 31 of 72 (194 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Jul 15, 2012

kratos is black

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 32 of 72 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 15, 2012
LOL guitarprodigy93... I can picture it now....

When the battle begins and it shows the characters, he does that drilling motion and announces, "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh Braaah! Come and get some, yo!"
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 33 of 72 (156 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Jul 15, 2012

I am surprised nobody has said Rico from Killzone. He makes the most sense for an African - American as he is a Sony character, He is a major character in the Killzone franchise and he appeared in the Michael commercial. Think about it? If any african - american character gets represented it will probably be Rico.

Message 34 of 72 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jul 16, 2012

I agree with the Emmitt Graves sentiment.  He has a great look and a solid potential move set with the build and battle system, my only concern is that he's not a very established character at this point.

Message 35 of 72 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2012

Need a african-american character in the game? It's okay for people who wants an african-american characters in the game but Is that very little bit harsh and racist?

Message 36 of 72 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 16, 2012
Quite the opposite Zaycool. People would like to see another differently racial character because it would be diverse and could connect to players more, as well as breaking the color barrier for characters. It isn;t something that's needed, but it would be appreciated.

Now, if somebody was so mad that there wasn't one and that SuperBot is racist and that the whole roster only has a bunch of crackers, well, that's how something racist would look.
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 37 of 72 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jul 16, 2012

I really don't get why people are concerned with things like "we need more females" and "we need an afro-american". **bleep** this, the sex or race don't matter, as long as it is a good character. If the best characters are male and white then the roster will have only male and white characters.
I'm not being racist, I'm just saying what makes sense, and I personaly think Emmet Graves would be a great addtion, but not because he's afro-american, but because he's a good character with a nice potential moveset.

Message 38 of 72 (108 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 16, 2012
I also agree with this.
"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 39 of 72 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
595 posts

Jul 16, 2012

Deimos is white but very tan and he is Kratos's brother so I'll go with that.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 40 of 72 (102 Views)
0 Likes